General Sack The Players

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
I reckon they would take his full contract. Show him the highlights reel rather than the whole matches. If they have money to burn and are under the cap then why not?
But just like with Mateo, we will continue to pay part of his wages for the rest of the time he was contracted here (in Konnie's case, that's until the end on the 2018 season) and that is still counted as part of our salary cap. Unfortunately, no other NRL club would say to us that they would want to pay all his wages - the part we pay isn't included in their salary cap.

Let's say Konnie goes to the Titans for 500k per year. Why would the Titans want to pay all of his salary and have it all counted against their salary cap when instead they could pay 300k while we pay 200k that reduces the amount of salary cap we can spend on other players.

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 13, 2014
I don't think Manu will get sacked.

But he might retire from footy all together.

It seems to have taken a toll on him emotionally, which he might not come back from. Possibly due to his aging body and loss of pace. He's not the player he used to be.

nickster

U20's Player
Apr 26, 2016
Wouldn't be surprised if another gets sacked just to stir things up even more.

Reactions: Sup42

Toopi is King

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 20, 2016
Otorohanga
I have the right foil for Shaun Johnson next season if we could get them, Corey Norman is off contract end of this year and James Segeyaro is as well. I feel Segeyaro would be great playing in the halves, not as though we have much to lose

Reactions: mt.wellington

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 13, 2014
Interesting power game unfolding ATM.

If the players come out this weekend and have a blinder everyones going to think these guys have been throwing games.

And if they get beat real bad again everyone is going to think we need a major clean out of the squad.

So the best option for the sack cappy faction is for a close game that comes down to the wire but which we lose.

Nerve ratteling for the fans.

Then the players online reps can say they are doing all they can, but Cappy can't coach.

Very dishonest strategy, but so far it's been very effective.

Until the 6 got nabbed of course. Now all bets are off. Doyle is backing the coach to come good, has released one player, and is almost daring them to have another crack.

Bring on the weekend.

Reactions: OMG

6 Again

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 29, 2015
I found this quote “We are working through issues at this club with various players and that is an ongoing process that is going well" out of context given the slant of the conversation. Which players and what issues?

Reactions: bruce and OMG

Jordan G

Yeah, that line stood out to me as well.

Could mean anything really - the ongoing monitoring of the pill drama and it's effects, the supposed player/coach divide that was mentioned in regards to some young guys not being comfortable with that approach, or it could relate to potential re-signings/new signings because every player likes to know who their coach is going to be and it's hard to avoid the constant Cappy is gone rumours, especially for Sydney based players.

I think the core of what he was saying is "We don't need constant false rumours undermining what we're trying to do at the club".

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
321e198dd4c1f62858d99c11edc55a70

The Warriors have denied making a bid for Parramatta coach Brad Arthur.

“We are working through issues at this club with various players and that is an ongoing process that is going well.

“The last thing we want here is Brad Arthur’s managers talking up their coach up when we have never had any interest in him coming here.

“I don’t know how many times you can say the story is incorrect but that’s what I did and it was still printed.”

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
I found it interesting watching Ben Matulino's interview on the Warriors website. It may be wishful thinking but it seemed to me he was engaging in the interview more than I have seen from him before.

Hopefully, and I know this a leap of faith, is that J.D.'s influence is starting to change player behaviour. I seem to remember he seemed a bit sullen and head down in interviews at times, that could be shyness of course.

Can but hope.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
It is an ongoing process that is going well? hmmm

Is it going well as the players are on board and said "Yes Mr Doyle we are onboard and behave" or going well in that Doyle is swinging the ax so he can free up cap space and recruit.o_O

Trugoy

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 3, 2016
It is an ongoing process that is going well? hmmm

Is it going well as the players are on board and said "Yes Mr Doyle we are onboard and behave" or going well in that Doyle is swinging the ax so he can free up cap space and recruit.o_O

Either one works for me!

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings