Player Ryan Hoffman

Maddog

Maddog

The thing with Hoffman is, he is too busy worrying about the children around him, he doesn't concentrate on his own game.

Reactions: 1 user
eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Is Hoffman going to back before the end of the season? Has he played his last game for the warriors?

NRL.com injury ward says "ankle rd 23", but he was on crutches as manu came out last week, i thought i read on here he broke his foot.

Bunty is not looking good, whose next? Papalii, Ogden? bloody hell.

CompletionRate

CompletionRate

Is Hoffman going to back before the end of the season? Has he played his last game for the warriors?

NRL.com injury ward says "ankle rd 23", but he was on crutches as manu came out last week, i thought i read on here he broke his foot.

Bunty is not looking good, whose next? Papalii, Ogden? bloody hell.
Papalii, like Pauga, won't likely play first-grade until his body is caught up. Remember, Taumalolo was in and out of first-grade until he was 22.

Reactions: 1 users
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
i heard a rumor that Hoffman was going back to the Storm. I wonder if a serious ankle problem would torpedo that?

Leaguegod

Leaguegod

Hoffman respect at Storm absolutely no respect here No finals, Dumped as Capt. now jumping from a sinking ship, he won't be back for anymore games! GOOD I say.

bruce

bruce

Contributor
Hoffman respect at Storm absolutely no respect here No finals, Dumped as Capt. now jumping from a sinking ship, he won't be back for anymore games! GOOD I say.
To be fair he hasn't exactly set the world on fire here brother. Sure that may be the Warriors disease, or his concussion but he just hasn't done much startling.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Man that is ugly,
Good thing you will never own one lol. Just an American rip off thats been copied for NRL Premiership rings. Might not be everyone's cup of tea but what it symbolises is pure awesomeness...

Reactions: 10 users
leaguejunkie

leaguejunkie

I like it. The ring that is, not Hoffman.

Hopefully Mannering gets his.

Tragic

Tragic

Good thing you will never own one lol. Just an American rip off thats been copied for NRL Premiership rings. Might not be everyone's cup of tea but what it symbolises is pure awesomeness...
I dont consider it a good thing but get your point, I would be very happy to have one of those ugly things

Reactions: 2 users

warriors4eva

is it just me, i think its fucking awesome !!! hahahaha

loving the gold, the diamonds and 300 games, mean !!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Aman

Aman

Bit harsh. He did wanna stay on for another contract and was captain...

We sucked when he was here, he sucked when he was here. If we weren’t having some of the success this year we’re having I can imagine him getting it covered over.

Reactions: 1 user
1995Warriorsfan

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Another one to retire. No mention of his winning % with the Warriors ;)

Ryan Hoffman will retire from the NRL at the end of the year after 16 seasons and more than 300 games

• July 3, 2018 10:33am
  • by JOE MCDONOUGH
  • Source: FOX SPORTS

The 34-year-old champion back-rower has already played 319 games with the Storm (including four grand finals) and Warriors, and a further 34 caps for the Wigan Warriors.

Indicative of his influence on the park, Hoffman had a win percentage of 67.5% over his 259 games for the Storm.

It will give Melbourne further motivation as they roll on towards the finals, currently in third-place.

Hoffman has lined up a full time role in the Storm’s football administration department starting in November.

“I’ve been lucky to have lived out my boyhood dream and make a career out of rugby league for 16 years,” Hoffman said.

“I feel have achieved everything I can in the game and while it was hard to say the words out loud for the first time, I’m very content with the decision. I haven’t lost of the love for the game, however I knew my time as a player was finished and I know this is the right decision.

“While the success I’ve enjoyed as part of the teams I’ve played in have been great moments, for me the real highlight of my career has been the people I’ve met and the lifelong friends I’ve made.

“I’m very thankful to Melbourne Storm for giving me my first chance at and NRL club and for allowing me to explore the rugby league world with my time at Wigan and the Warriors.

“I’m also grateful to Wigan and Warriors for the time I spent at those clubs, as they were very important parts of my career.

“I would like to especially thanks Dave Donaghy, Frank Ponissi and Craig Bellamy in allowing me to finish my career as a Melbourne Storm player.

“A very special thank you must go to my wife Melissa and my children Zach and Mia. Melissa has sacrificed a lot in her life to be a supportive and loving partner to me. For someone who is extremely intelligent and a driven person, for her to sacrifice her job to be with our children at home is something I can never repay her for.”

Speaking about Hoffman’s move into football admin, Football Director Frank Ponissi said it is something they have talked about for some time.

“Ryan for a large part of his career has always shown an interest and passion in football administration and management as a potential career once his playing days came to an end,” he said.

“Few players are able to retire with a resume that even come close to what Ryan has been able to accomplish.”

gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
His efforts in the storm game over the weekend were monumental. He can still pull it out. But its a 1 for 5 type of thing. I expect that later in life he is going to have serious memory issues and long term consequences from all those head knocks that seemed to be such a big part of the way he plays.

A true profesional, the exact type of player that the warriors are now trying to recreate. But maybe like mannering the end of an era, given the modern protections in place for head knocks stopping that old adage of a true warrior, who just keeps going back out there and playing on.

Reactions: 6 users