General Rusty Bristow suspended for Drugs

• Thread starter 2big2strong_old
  • Start date

2big2strong_old

Two Toyota Cup players suspended
18:00 AEST Mon Nov 2 2009

Two rugby league players from the NRL's Toyota Cup competition have been suspended following positive drugs tests earlier this year.
Travis Drought, who had been playing with the Gold Coast Titans, received a two year suspension after pleading no contest to a positive test for the anabolic agent nandrolone on June 27.
He has been provisionally suspended since July 24 and won't be able to play again until after July 24, 2011.

Rusty Bristow, who had been playing with the Warriors, has been suspended for four months after testing positive to cannabis on June 17.
He had been stood down since August 17 having failed to make submissions to the NRL on the issue and will be eligible to play again after December 17.
Both players - who were tested on match days by the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority - have accepted the determination without proceeding to a hearing.
Neither is contracted into next season at this stage.

https://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=925883&rss=yes

This explains why he was missing for the final few games of the season, I thought he was injured. I also thought that he had signed a contract to play with NQ Cowgirls next year but this article say's that he's not contracted.

Jesbass_old

Yeah, I noticed that yesterday. Silly boy. Hopefully he'll learn from it and not repeat his mistakes.

a.c.e_old

Rusty concentrate on the future young man, its all there for the taking, you've got the goods to make it. Dont let yourself down.

ToiletDuck_old

Personally, I don't think Rusty really does have what it takes. Seems kinda like a poor man's Junior Sau...

romel_old

Personally, I don't think Rusty really does have what it takes. Seems kinda like a poor man's Junior Sau...

thats a huge statement there cant wait for him to shine when he matures hes a jerome ropati in the making.

kingkole_old

people said adam blair didnt have what it took until his uncle told him to pull his head in and had serious chat with steve kearney.

2big2strong_old

No, Rusty has everything except speed. Which happens to be one of the most important things for an outside back, and it's not even real out and out speed that he lacks, it's any kind of fast paced movement! He would do the 100m in about 30 minutes. You can't coach speed! If he was a little taller he would make an unbelievable back rower but he's only about 5'5".

ToiletDuck_old

thats a huge statement there cant wait for him to shine when he matures hes a jerome ropati in the making.

Haha, you might want to re-think who's making the 'huge statement' here...you're backing a non-contracted, currently suspended junior footballer to become an eventual world class centre (assuming you're talking about Jerome last year).

tHe_maC_old

Pfft Jerome Ropati in the making....

Like that is something to aspire to.