General Rumour!! Renee Ranger has signed for Warriors

melbourneWarrior_old

went to the rebels v blues game lastnight and after watching rangers performance prob better this stays a rumour and nothing else he was shizen housen.im a fan dont get it twisted but after watchin his individual performance
at the mo the warriors are fine without him

Swanley_old

are you retarded I said older...

Point being the last time he really strung some quality games together and was in good form in 2008

He has suffered some bad injuries, bad knees but maybe even worse bad hammys.

He is now older so less likely to bounce back.....so to resign Ropati - Would be a huger risk with little reward.

I.e Even in his prime he wasnt that good

nope not retarded, but you might be, asking If I am.

Anywhoo, It will take a long time to recover from a serious knee injury, however at 27, he is still in his prime and has at least 3-5 years left in him playing NRL.

The sad thing is, Ropati is our best centre, whether we like it or not.

Chch fan_old

Ih he's our best centre we are in massive trouble!

On current form he's about our fifth or sixth best centre. He looks slow and tentitve and I would say his confidence is shot which puts the pressure on and oftn leads to mistakes on deffence. Needs to go to Vulcans to try and get some of that confidence back.

Jesbass_old

are you retarded I said older...

Mate, you've been around here long enough to know that we play the ball - we don't play the man.

It's just unnecessary and it actually makes your argument appear weaker, regardless of how factual it might be.

Swanley_old

Ih he's our best centre we are in massive trouble!

On current form he's about our fifth or sixth best centre. He looks slow and tentitve and I would say his confidence is shot which puts the pressure on and oftn leads to mistakes on deffence. Needs to go to Vulcans to try and get some of that confidence back.

We are in trouble and it is showing in our results. As and out and out centre, he is the best we have on offer.

Inu - Winger/Centre - has issues?
Hurrell - Inexperiance

Everone else, not natural centres..

As someone mentioned earlier, this is Ivan's fault for poor recruitment in the centre department.

2big2strong_old

Mate, you've been around here long enough to know that we play the ball - we don't play the man.

It's just unnecessary and it actually makes your argument appear weaker, regardless of how factual it might be.

we... play with balls? Speak for yourself Sasha!!

warrioz_old

went to the rebels v blues game lastnight and after watching rangers performance prob better this stays a rumour and nothing else he was shizen housen.im a fan dont get it twisted but after watchin his individual performance
Was at the game as well. He really wasn't that bad.
Was given no space, shite balls and nobody to offload too.
3 things that we would give him in spades, it is a different ball game after all :cl

a.c.e_old

im about to watch the game. I know right, why does one put ones self through utter crap like this . . . . It sucks to go long and watch such a performance live, and the Blues were coming off the bye! They had 2 weeks to prepare for this game! Like the Warriors or any other team I support to the bitter end, I watch and watch again to conclude if its the players that are in question or the coaching tactics thats a miss. Lam has been alright in my eyes up until this season, in taking over the Blues he mentioned that he would clinch a title in this third year which was last year. He fell 2 games short. Like the Warriors found at Suncorp last year the Queensland teams were far too strong. Across all sports played at Suncorp last year the Queensland teams only had one loss I believe, I think it was soccer.

Anyways about to watch the game . . . . . .

melbourneWarrior_old

im about to watch the game. I know right, why does one put ones self through utter crap like this . . . . It sucks to go long and watch such a performance live, and the Blues were coming off the bye! They had 2 weeks to prepare for this game! Like the Warriors or any other team I support to the bitter end, I watch and watch again to conclude if its the players that are in question or the coaching tactics thats a miss. Lam has been alright in my eyes up until this season, in taking over the Blues he mentioned that he would clinch a title in this third year which was last year. He fell 2 games short. Like the Warriors found at Suncorp last year the Queensland teams were far too strong. Across all sports played at Suncorp last year the Queensland teams only had one loss I believe, I think it was soccer.

Anyways about to watch the game . . . . . .

Well I hope you find/found more positives from that match than I did.I had my three year old son at the game with me and he seemed to have more fun
playing in the stands than I did watching that game:c

Horriors2012_old

ummm... haha. If he's being offered anywhere near the $ that is being thrown around on-line he won't be playing 1 minute for the Vulcans.

Plus, pretty much plays league on a rugby field as it is, it's not like he has to adjust his style too much.

He reminds me so much of Tana Umaga before he got yawnioned. Any rugby player though is a huge risk as an investment. If we're going to recruit from outside it would be proven talent. Rep level talent. Dean Bell I am sure is most aware of this priniciple. His recruiting has been good so far-not his fault quality centres that want to live here are few and far between. I'd start him in Vulcans first for sure. Looking like a league player and actually knowing all the rules and finer points are two different things.

RRG_old

Was given no space, shite balls and nobody to offload too.
3 things that we would give him in spades, it is a different ball game after all

I agree our current team would also give him no space, shite balls and nobody to offload to!

fanrrior_old

He reminds me so much of Tana Umaga before he got yawnioned. Any rugby player though is a huge risk as an investment. If we're going to recruit from outside it would be proven talent. Rep level talent. Dean Bell I am sure is most aware of this priniciple. His recruiting has been good so far-not his fault quality centres that want to live here are few and far between. I'd start him in Vulcans first for sure. Looking like a league player and actually knowing all the rules and finer points are two different things.

rep level in union does not equal nrl level. I'm not saying they are worse than your average nrl player, just that the skills needed in each code are differant.

warrioz_old

I agree our current team would also give him no space, shite balls and nobody to offload to!
Problem with our team is that we don't actually have any of the ball.
Too much time spent letting opposition through on the edges of their first set and returning it to them for the repeat.

Have said this a few times today, but when we had the ball we didn't look as poor as the result suggested. Find some kind of defense and we'll start clocking up results.

wallacenz_old

watching ranger tonight vs sharks in super rugby. footwork, power, defence, pretty good in the air. i wouldnt mind seeing him at the warriors.

playdaball_old

watching ranger tonight vs sharks in super rugby. footwork, power, defence, pretty good in the air. i wouldnt mind seeing him at the warriors.

I went to this game and the best option is Rudi Wulf. He is an ex league player from a RL family and would be ideal for the Warriors.

wallacenz_old

I went to this game and the best option is Rudi Wulf. He is an ex league player from a RL family and would be ideal for the Warriors.
good on you going to the game. it must be hard work supporting the blues and warriors atm. theyre a hard watch.

I thought the blues young guys played pretty well tonight, i liked the feral looking guy playing in the forwards. it seems to be the older , more experienced players who let the team down. nonu has no impetus on attack and made basic mistakes like kicking out on the full, williams is non existant, weepu just floats around at the base of each ruck.

playdaball_old

good on you going to the game. it must be hard work supporting the blues and warriors atm. theyre a hard watch.

I thought the blues young guys played pretty well tonight, i liked the feral looking guy playing in the forwards. it seems to be the older , more experienced players who let the team down. nonu has no impetus on attack and made basic mistakes like kicking out on the full, williams is non existant, weepu just floats around at the base of each ruck.

Had some corparate tickets which were in a good position. I was hoping that the team would do it for Pat Lam as well as their fans and themselves. It certainly wasn't good viewing and as everyone is aware a different crowd / feel to games at Mt Smart.

ShaunJohnson7_old

I too went to the blues game last night, Ranger looked great in an awful team, he almost always broke the first tackle and is anything but a weak defender. I would much rather him than Rudi Wolf seen as he would be way more suited to centre and just league in general.

You're right about Weepu, everyone at the game was laughing at him last night, dude seriously cant run more than 10 metres at a time, his conditioning is a disgrace for a so called professional let alone an All Black. Ali is done and needs to go and Nonu is now at a point in his career where he is struggling to break the first tackle and while still a very skillful player he is definately declining. He was awful last night though, dropped the ball about 5 times ala Ropati......

Arfur_old

Ranger has too many 'off field' issues. Still got a serious assault charge hanging over him. Not something that we need at The Warriors.