General Rumour!! Renee Ranger has signed for Warriors

Tyrael_old

How good is Abercrombie keep reading them JB the political intrigue starts to come into play more and more brilliant books...

Stephen Donaldson - 'Chronicles of Thomas Covenant Unbeliever' are brilliant too

This is derailing the thread, but DON'T read Thomas Covenant JB...it is not for the faint of heart and mostly about a chronic depressed dude.

Jesbass_old

This is derailing the thread, but DON'T read Thomas Covenant JB...it is not for the faint of heart and mostly about a chronic depressed dude.

Cheers for the heads up. Depression is a bit of a sore spot in my immediate vicinity, do I'm happy to give that book a wide berth.

mrblonde_old

In light of that, Jesbass, you would want to avoid ever seeing the movie "Melancholia".

The title may give you a hint as to it's basic subject matter and what drives it's themes/ideas.

Raurimu Massive_old

Been sitting on this a couple of days sorry - according to Scurrah, we can squash the rumours. After the thread started here I got in touch with a mate of mine who's a die-hard Warriors fan and reporter - he followed it up for a story in the Northern Advocate. Scurrah says they haven't entered negotiations, or even talked to Rene or his management, although he says they're always looking at talent from both codes, and described Ranger as an 'interesting player'.

Major Announcement_old

Been sitting on this a couple of days sorry - according to Scurrah, we can squash the rumours. After the thread started here I got in touch with a mate of mine who's a die-hard Warriors fan and reporter - he followed it up for a story in the Northern Advocate. Scurrah says they haven't entered negotiations, or even talked to Rene or his management, although he says they're always looking at talent from both codes, and described Ranger as an 'interesting player'.

So knowing Scurrah, we can expect a signing within the week

dwats002_old

According to the Warriors Management we can expect a high-profile signing to be anounced this year. The only question is that whether or not Rene Ranger would be considered 'high-profile'. :m::m:

Buck777_old

I vowed after the Cleary announcement never to believe a word that came out of Warriors management. Saying that Owen, might change that

Sirpartyman_old

I've never been a fan but a former number 6 is off contract this year. If we can't snatch foran do you think Anasta could play 6 for 2 seasons? He would bring further leadership & his game could complement Shaun Johnson's...

#JustSaying

sup42_old

I've never been a fan but a former number 6 is off contract this year. If we can't snatch foran do you think Anasta could play 6 for 2 seasons? He would bring further leadership & his game could complement Shaun Johnson's...

#JustSaying
Interesting bro , obviously we need to consider everyone, he would be a good mentor for Johnson, hes done it all in his career , once upon a time he was the next best thing in the game.

zarjaz_old

Interesting to see which position they are aiming for with this big signing, if they are keen on extending J'Ro and Hurrell it can't be a centre they're after then, unless they still see Hurrell as a reserve?? … so has to be five-eighth, possibly winger? Obviously can't be a fullback, hooker or forwards. As far as Anasta goes, great player, but it harks back to the Warriors of old bringing in 'names' who have kind of done their dash already. I'd prefer they develop Tuimavave, godinet or Locke ahead of Anasta.

facefacts_old

Interesting to see which position they are aiming for with this big signing, if they are keen on extending J'Ro and Hurrell it can't be a centre they're after then, unless they still see Hurrell as a reserve?? … so has to be five-eighth, possibly winger? Obviously can't be a fullback, hooker or forwards. As far as Anasta goes, great player, but it harks back to the Warriors of old bringing in 'names' who have kind of done their dash already. I'd prefer they develop Tuimavave, godinet or Locke ahead of Anasta.

You can never have enough outside backs with real speed.

Sirpartyman_old

Yeah Locke to 6 & fish to the back would be awesome.

Definitely develop Locke to 6

a.c.e_old

Scurrah says they haven't entered negotiations, or even talked to Rene or his management

afellowshipofminds.files.wordpress.com_2011_12_i_know_nothing.gif

Denial!

This is AWESOMENESS!!! Everyone get your Rene party hats on! Consecutive championships coming up!!

Attachments

• afellowshipofminds.files.wordpress.com_2011_12_i_know_nothing.gif
    afellowshipofminds.files.wordpress.com_2011_12_i_know_nothing.gif
    41.9 KB · Views: 3

Magic Stick_old

Yeah Locke to 6 & fish to the back would be awesome.

Definitely develop Locke to 6

Id love to see Locke tried in the halves...He would be similar to Maloney in terms of support play and punching holes of Mateo,but could do more damage than Maloney
Locke came into 1st or 2nd receiver alot when he played Toyoto Cup and caused havoc