General Rumour!! Renee Ranger has signed for Warriors

mrblonde_old

I call BS on this.

The Footy Show said the Warriors were going after an All Black with big bikkies.

Angus McDonald was signed.

Who'd want Ranger after that amazing signing? Angus' manager deserveth respect for making the Warriors shift hemispheres to sign his client.

Going to be real POTA getting to the games next year, but, hey, it's a 2 Test AB we're talking about here.

Since we're starting talking about players we may have signed for 2013, do we have yet, apart from Maloney (OT but where did Jabroni originate and why?), news of players who we may be releasing for 2013?

Warrioraholic_old

Maybe we wont be looking to resign Wopati? Isnt this his year for contract renewal?

2big2strong_old

He has the tools... but....

As we are seeing with Hurrell (who shares some qualities with Ranger) the lack of space and depth in a 1st grade NRL game is very different to NYC and in this case Pooper Rugby.

I'm not convinced about Hurrell yet either and it's simply because I'm not sure his tools suit the game at the top level, standing starts and lack of quick ball in space.

Also...

Hasn't he had legal issues and (i could be wrong) domestic abuse issues?
Not sure the Warriors would be keen on that?

If he comes it would make me happy, but yeah, gotta be pragmatic.

Whoa whoa whoa!

Domestic abuse is a pretty strong thing to be throwing around. A quick google search would've shown you that it was for knocking a bloke out at a pub in Northland in an old fashioned scrap.

Ranger, 25, is charged with two counts of injuring with intent after an incident which left a man unconscious outside the Mangawhai Tavern in August, 2009.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/6299692/Rene-Ranger-assault-charges-delayed-again

Not that big of a deal to me TBH, certainly not up there with smashing up his missus.

danpatmac_old

Whoa whoa whoa!

Domestic abuse is a pretty strong thing to be throwing around. A quick google search would've shown you that it was for knocking a bloke out at a pub in Northland in an old fashioned scrap.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/6299692/Rene-Ranger-assault-charges-delayed-again

Not that big of a deal to me TBH, certainly not up there with smashing up his missus.

which is why I said I could be wrong and it was phrased as a question.

Even so, assault is assault and it doesn't matter who is on the end of a hiding, it's all bad stuff.

Like I said, I would still sign him.

Buck777_old

Bizarre times. Just heard another rumour that the titans are chasing cronk with 3.2 million deal ( 800k a year). So while players are mucking around with a club that's so broke it can't almost afford airfares, everyone's trying to get the deal of the century. Maybe that's the attraction to someone like Ranger. He's almost unpolluted as far as NRL negotiations.

Tyrael_old

Jesbass you are just droll.

Ranger would be a godsend. He would be Toopi v2.0.

Someone compared him with Hurrell. Sorry, Hurrell at the moment just runs at people because that's what he has always done. Ranger knows about space.

Someone compared him to Manu and said Manu couldn't score that try at 2.45 in the vid. I agree with that person. The problem with Manu is he doesn't have speed anymore. Ranger has speed.

Ranger can offload, can shrug off tackles, can pass, can chip chase. Those haters, stop looking at him as a boof-head rugby player, but look at him as a class athlete.

Blues have always made dumb decisions by putting him on the wing, when his best position was centre. They always try to put Benson Stanley in the centres.

I hope this rumour is true.

Etern0L_Warrior_old

Either really, but he'd be wasted on the wing...

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XiRlmSF7Mw[/YOUTUBE]

i was going to say why would we want a player with a girls name but after seeing that the guy looks like a deadset superstar

sebastian_old

His age would mean we'd collect some of his prime years. Yes. I hope its true also.

JonB_old

He has a heck of a size to speed ratio. Also by the look of it excellent offload ability and playmakerness.

I would be very happy with him.

a.c.e_old

Is-this-gif-perfectly-looped.gif

This guy has speed to burn, finishes like a league winger in the tightest of tight spots and hits as good as any. When I first saw him play for the Blues I thought FUUUK what a waste, he'd go balls deep in league. If this is true I would have multiple orgasms with myself or have a fun time trying . . . . Im usually a one and done type.

Qtownwarrior_old

his balance is awsome, low centre of gravity, strength, plenty of pace, great off load and pass, will slot in at centre not a problem......

maybe just some defence coaching be ropati and he will be perfect:lol

a.c.e_old

Holly crap I just spread the word!! Sorrys I couldnt hold it in, I had to off load that one fast like stolen items!!

fanrrior_old

Will he have the same time against league defenders. A bit different style of tackling imo.

zarjaz_old

Jeeze. Interesting, would be a pretty exciting recruit (if true), certainly looks suited to league without too much schooling needed (did he have a league background?) … does makes me wonder who would be going where if he was to come in. You'd have to think by this time next year Hurrell will be a starting centre eh, so who makes up the rest of the backline could be anyone's guess.

Est95_old

I would be happy if true. Ever since Owen Glenn came on board I have been expecting a big signing and this could be it, or Foran...

Buck777_old

Someone has posted they know someone right inside the Blues camp who has said tonight ' watch that space'. I'm getting interested. Still unconfirmed. The person posting said he was very cynical at first when hearing the rumour but now is 'very curious'.

Last edited by a moderator: