General Rumour!! Renee Ranger has signed for Warriors

Buck777_old

Two facebook pages saying it. One stating Rangers family says its true.
But don't stone me, it's still rumour, just throwing it out there.

One source says Dale Husband has stated it, but no links.

Last edited by a moderator:

fanrrior_old

Well, thats interesting. Hopefully he is first tried out for a couple games in the vulcans if true.

2big2strong_old

When that footy show/all black rumour started circulating last week I heard 'from a friend of a friend' that Ranger was in negotiations with the Warriors but the source was too weak for me to bother posting it on here.

But, as I keep saying, where there's smoke.... there's fire.

Buck777_old

I can't for some reason (iPhone), however someone has just commented that they know Husband and he's saying it could be a Blues player. So no proof.

2big2strong_old

Well, thats interesting. Hopefully he is first tried out for a couple games in the vulcans if true.

ummm... haha. If he's being offered anywhere near the $ that is being thrown around on-line he won't be playing 1 minute for the Vulcans.

Plus, pretty much plays league on a rugby field as it is, it's not like he has to adjust his style too much.

fanrrior_old

ummm... haha. If he's being offered anywhere near the $ that is being thrown around on-line he won't be playing 1 minute for the Vulcans.

Plus, pretty much plays league on a rugby field as it is, it's not like he has to adjust his style too much.

I'm not too fussed about his attacking/toughness. Just his defense, positioning etc. I don't know much about the guy tbh. Would he be a centre or wing in league?

Buck777_old

Mmmm. Reading comments one guy now won't name his source. I did say rumour guys!'

2big2strong_old

I'm not too fussed about his attacking/toughness. Just his defense, positioning etc. I don't know much about the guy tbh. Would he be a centre or wing in league?

Either really, but he'd be wasted on the wing...

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XiRlmSF7Mw[/YOUTUBE]

Northern_Union

If he was to come over it would as a centre i think. I don't watch much union but from what i've seen of him he looks custom made as a league centre.

2big2strong_old

IMO, his balance is his greatest asset. It's like he's just gliding accross the field.

warrioz_old

THIS !

He is consistently getting sent off or warned for not using his arms in tackles and loves to offload.
Would fit perfectly in as a king on D as well as a jet on attack.

Sounds kind of odd, but he just looks like a league player, if anyone catches my drift.

Please be true.

2big2strong_old

Haha, I've seen that video half a dozen times before but that try at 2.45 get's me everytime. Haha, I don't even reckon Manu could get that.

danpatmac_old

He has the tools... but....

As we are seeing with Hurrell (who shares some qualities with Ranger) the lack of space and depth in a 1st grade NRL game is very different to NYC and in this case Pooper Rugby.

I'm not convinced about Hurrell yet either and it's simply because I'm not sure his tools suit the game at the top level, standing starts and lack of quick ball in space.

Also...

Hasn't he had legal issues and (i could be wrong) domestic abuse issues?
Not sure the Warriors would be keen on that?

If he comes it would make me happy, but yeah, gotta be pragmatic.