Internationals Rugby League World Cup

Does anyone realistically think NZ will have the Big game , the final ?
Or is it a foregone conclusion the ARL take the final their just like eight years ago and thirty years ago for us ?

You Kinda wish some innovator Like Lonnergan was in the NZRL , but that guy ( Jim Doyle ) is on NRL payroll now.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Does anyone realistically think NZ will have the Big game , the final ?
Or is it a foregone conclusion the ARL take the final their just like eight years ago and thirty years ago for us ?

You Kinda wish some innovator Like Lonnergan was in the NZRL , but that guy ( Jim Doyle ) is on NRL payroll now.

Im already planning a trip to Allianz Stadium!!!

I'd say the final will be in Australia; if we are luck we will get a semi final.

From this article.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/9741634/League-World-Cup-for-NZ-and-Australia

"We made some big gains in developing rugby league at international level last year, with several new countries emerging during the World Cup," Holden said.

"In putting this bid together, our overriding aim was to continue to grow 'the greatest game of all' around the globe and, importantly, secure a pinnacle event on the NZ calendar to capitalise on the game's current growth and momentum."

Hopefully the administrators schedule some games for the minnows over the next few years and build momentum from the last world cup instead of rolling them out at the next tournament.

Even England need more regular games against Australia and NZ. They may lose Tomkins as well to union by the time of the next league world cup.

What's the difference between Eden Park being good enough for a Bigger World cup final in another code versus the Aussies taking the final there because of ticket revenue ?

Positioning in the World wide game.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
hmm so much for growing the game - lets do what we always do... I think I would even prefer that Australia got it on its own, im not in favour of these shared events due to the travel involved. Imagine if your a team playing in Dunedin one week and then on to Perth the next

According the Herald Kearney's reappointment is to be announced today.

We will know who popped the pills by their notable omission from the Next test.

Or Kearney will take a different tact.....the one where he doesn't have the depth to replace six of his players.

NZRL Ceo is comparing the re appointment to Graham Henry.

Did I miss the part where Kearney has won a world cup already ?