Internationals Rugby League World Cup

Has anyone noticed the break out of Lesson Ah Mau during the Rugby League World Cup.
The young man is playing some out standing footy during this Tournament.
He has unleashed some new attacking qualities and is just a handful for opposing teams at the moment.
Well done Lesson, Saints will be proud of your form as much as us Warriors will be knowing that you came from us.
Thought we might of got you back, but Dean Bell let you resign for 2014
Saints will extend your time with them if you go back with the fire you got now.

Just watched the billy slater thing on news.. Looked to me like billy got pushed and king hit other guy.. What grates me is all the crap from the wife etc.. About someone attacking poor billy when it was him punching.. She states what has world come to blah d blah.. Laughable really

Reactions: snake77
Has anyone noticed the break out of Lesson Ah Mau during the Rugby League World Cup.
The young man is playing some out standing footy during this Tournament.
He has unleashed some new attacking qualities and is just a handful for opposing teams at the moment.
Well done Lesson, Saints will be proud of your form as much as us Warriors will be knowing that you came from us.
Thought we might of got you back, but Dean Bell let you resign for 2014
Saints will extend your time with them if you go back with the fire you got now.
I agree, he's been very good in this tournament. I thought he should've got Man of the Match this morning.

scottyb

Warriors tragic
Contributor
Just watched the billy slater thing on news.. Looked to me like billy got pushed and king hit other guy.. What grates me is all the crap from the wife etc.. About someone attacking poor billy when it was him punching.. She states what has world come to blah d blah.. Laughable really
Rugby League World Cup: Kangaroos star Billy Slater breaks his silence about nightclub scuffle
Just watched a 6 second video of the incident on the SMH website, Slater definately got punched in the face before he retaliated. You can even see he was trying to calm the guy down before the guy punched him. Its a short video but it paints a pretty clear picture.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reactions: Miket12
Could hardly call that a punch- wasnt even a slap- just a light push then slater cleaned him up.
Also I don't think slater was trying to calm him down- looked more to me like he was winding him up.
No big deal really but if the guy cracked his head on his way down it could've been a different story

Last edited:
My favourites so far for the tournament

Best shorts - Bravehearts
Best jerseys - Cookies
Best player - Guess
Best motto - Tie, between shock the world and die for Tonga
Best team name - Tomahawks
best tackle - Minnichello on Tupou
silliest official blunder - Showing NO TRY on the screen when the try was actually awarded during the Kiwi's first game. Then changing it to TRY
best team - Kiwis
best coach - Matterson or Steve McCormack for sure

Reactions: Weno, Sup42 and OMG
That blokes missus should start coming out with "Slater's punch could have given him brain damage" type statements, he got hit way harder.

Did you see Slater's counter punch - what a cracker. Like him or hate him, that guy is an awesome athlete. Did anyone see the first series of 'Australia Greatest Athlete' a few years ago - he obviously got skills...

Reactions: Jay M and OMG
The Guys not looking at SLater when he throws a wild ineffectual punch , he doesn't even adjust his stance or load up.

It's a punch....but it's a Kids Punch from a drunkard.

Then the guy doesn't even look out for the retaliation from Slater , he's pissed off his nut.

I don't condone violence , so obviously the best thing Slater could have done was not to retaliate , it's hardly a sustained serious attempt to assault Slater.

But here's the thing. When someone punches you in the head it assaults your senses. Unless your a real tough nut , the average Joe is likely to let fly in retaliation to an evenly matched opponent ( build wise , there is no such thing as an even match in an unknown pairing ).

In the eyes of the Law in most places , Slater is within his rights to hit back 'once'

He just happened to make it count unlike the drunk dudes lack of awareness.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
My favourites so far for the tournament

Best shorts - Bravehearts
Best jerseys - Cookies
Best player - Guess
Best motto - Tie, between shock the world and die for Tonga
Best team name - Tomahawks
best tackle - Minnichello on Tupou
silliest official blunder - Showing NO TRY on the screen when the try was actually awarded during the Kiwi's first game. Then changing it to TRY
best team - Kiwis
best coach - Matterson or Steve McCormack for sure

Best shorts - Scotland
Best jerseys - Samoa
Best player - Isaac Luke
Best motto - Shock the World
Best team name - Bravehearts
Best tackle - David Mead on Bryson Goodwin

Silliest Official Blunder - Everything Hayne has done
Silliest Player Blunder - Hands down it was the knock on by the Cookies over the line that should have won them the game against Tonga
Best Team - USA
Best Coach - Tell you after the Final...

My favorite tackle of the tournament was when Masoe used his chest to bounce the French half flying.

That's taking the intent of the shoulder charge rule to a whole other level " Look mum no shoulders "

I think he was sent off on the basis that it had never been seen before therefore it must be illegal .....people will say no arms , but last i checked I thought it was legal to run into people if you don't use your shoulders , had the French half bounced away and scored a try ot would have just been called a poor tackle technique by Mose

I think the clash with England this weekend may require more of a defensive effort from the kiwis, though I enjoy an attacking game more, I think it will be best used against the aussies who dont seem to be doing anything new, relying on individual brilliance they seem the most predictable.

Reactions: gREVUS