Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's funny that people are constantly saying that there shouldn't be one set of rules for the rich and one for everyone else.... and then when a rich person claims an allowance everyone who was PM (or a MP, of the Speaker, or the Deputy Speaker or a Minister) would be entitled too, people get up set. I guess one rule for the rich and another for the rest of us only works if it means the rich can't get something everyone could if they were able to apply for this allowance. Privilege for the masses!!!!

It's funny that people are constantly saying that there shouldn't be one set of rules for the rich and one for everyone else.... and then when a rich person claims an allowance everyone who was PM (or a MP, of the Speaker, or the Deputy Speaker or a Minister) would be entitled too, people get up set. I guess one rule for the rich and another for the rest of us only works if it means the rich can't get something everyone could if they were able to apply for this allowance. Privilege for the masses!!!!
Another who is missing the point.

It is nothing to do with being rich - on this occasion the PM’s political antenna was sadly broken and he is being criticised for that

A bit of small mindedness coming in here. I wish you guys were this forensic about the missing $15b of covid money and the missing $1.9b of mental health funding. You know $3,500 for every person in NZ rather than Luxons $0.01c per person… it’s a political hit job that actually exposes the utter hypocrisy and fiscal dopeyness of the left
Agree about the scale in Luxon's case, except the rhetoric about the "missing" billions, they didn't disappear into someone's pocket did they? Covid money went to wage subsidies, frontline jab stations etc, MH was absorbed by the system in staff and beds, it'll take a lot more billions to make a dent in that problem. The issue is measurable outcomes and targeting of spending, which appeared to be diabolical and wasteful but I haven't seen the verified allocation figures, can you post them?

This has been a left strategy from day one with Luxo.

Here’s the far left stuff with articles about him claiming his Wellington property while he gave his maiden speech - despite a dozen other MP’s doing it, the focus was on him 😉

And yes this entitlement was known years ago and Labour didn’t change the rules…

I thought you were smart enough to know this is all part of an ongoing dirty politics left smear campaign. 😉

A good debating strategy.

Don’t discuss the comment but shift it slightly to suit one’s pov.

It is nothing to do with being rich - on this occasion the PM’s political antenna was sadly broken and he is being criticised for that
Another missing the point….. GrantR received the same amount as an allowance on his mortgage interest last year while also calling for cuts to government spending. Where’s the outrage from those so incensed at Luxon towards him?

I haven't seen the verified allocation figures, can you post them?
The auditor general can’t even find the figures mate:

‘Ryan was also critical of the poor bookkeeping, which in some cases was so dire that to this day it is “difficult to determine from publicly available information all the initiatives that have received funding from the NZUP, meaning the public can’t see where all of the $12b had been spent.’

Show me the money!

This is BILLIONS that the auditor general can’t find… who cares aye, let’s ignore those dodgy politicians that the auditor general has concerns over and worry about a few thousand over with Luxon 🤣

The hypocrisy is staggering! The easy the public is distracted from the real issues is a real concern for democracy in NZ…

We would rather someone who promises kindness but is totally incompetent than someone that’s rich but knows what he’s doing.

Last edited:
Welfare dependency is in our DNA.

‘Ryan was also critical of the poor bookkeeping, which in some cases was so dire that to this day it is “difficult to determine from publicly available information all the initiatives that have received funding from the NZUP, meaning the public can’t see where all of the $12b had been spent.’

Show me the money!

This is BILLIONS that the auditor general can’t find… who cares aye, let’s ignore those dodgy politicians that the auditor general has concerns over and worry about a few thousand over with Luxon 🤣

The hypocrisy is staggering! The easy the public is distracted from the real issues is a real concern for democracy in NZ…

We would rather someone who promises kindness but is totally incompetent than someone that’s rich but knows what he’s doing.

Never mind about missing billions now, footy's on mate!

We would rather someone who promises kindness but is totally incompetent than someone that’s rich but knows what he is doing.
That's not really true because the rich guy got elected and it wasn't really even close. Yet to see if he knows what he is doing, some things are promising, a lot more canceling things than actually doing anything of substance and coming up to 6 months so needs to make progress soon.

That's not really true because the rich guy got elected and it wasn't really even close. Yet to see if he knows what he is doing, some things are promising, a lot more canceling things than actually doing anything of substance and coming up to 6 months so needs to make progress soon.
I see it as the promises are promising

I think his optic nerve is connected to his arse. What is staggering is that his staff, after all the probing and touching up after the election haven't gone through his whole life, investments etc and made some recommendations.

Starting to look like Michael Woods V2

I think his optic nerve is connected to his arse. What is staggering is that his staff, after all the probing and touching up after the election haven't gone through his whole life, investments etc and made some recommendations.

Starting to look like Michael Woods V2
Exactly Rick.
The astounding thing is that Luxon hasn't gotten the brains to realize how this is a bad look.
Money wise no biggie but the perception is fkn awful

Show me the money!

Is this covid inquiry looking for the receipts? Might answer some questions if it's in their brief.

Back