Internationals Rugby League 2 World Cup Edition

• Thread starter warriors_ballboy_CEO_old
  • Start date

Skinny_Ravs82

No I'm not going for the PC, I am either getting a 360 or the PS3 and it's taking time to really make that decision because whichever one I do get eventually is going to be final that's why I'm studying the games range carefully.

Skinny_Ravs82

For the PS3 and 360 there are some differences but not by a whole lot, though I can't remember if I've seen the NHL games on the 360 yet

The guy was saying that if you were brought up playing one particular console, like the Xbox for example then it be best to stick with the 360. Don't know if that was the right analogy for him to use, but yeah that's what he said!

Jesbass_old

No I'm not going for the PC, I am either getting a 360 or the PS3 and it's taking time to really make that decision because whichever one I do get eventually is going to be final that's why I'm studying the games range carefully.

On what basis? He shouldn't be deciding - you should be. If you want the biggest range of games with the best visual effects, a powerful PC is your answer. The other advantage with a PC is that they're going to be around for a long time yet. The likes of PS3s and XBoxes get superceded.

Jesbass_old

For the PS3 and 360 there are some differences but not by a whole lot, though I can't remember if I've seen the NHL games on the 360 yet

The guy was saying that if you were brought up playing one particular console, like the Xbox for example then it be best to stick with the 360. Don't know if that was the right analogy for him to use, but yeah that's what he said!

Yeah, that makes sense. It's all about familiarity. I'm strongly opposed to having one console over another - you lose out either way. If I was a wealthy man with no time on my hands, I'd buy one of everything. Sony (PS range) tend to have a heap more range than Microsoft (XBox range) because they've been around for about twice as long, or longer.

The only reason I'm considering getting a Wii is because it involves physical activity, as opposed to blobbing on the couch and getting nothing out of the day other than a new high score. *unenthused cheer*

Jesbass_old

Fair enough. I think the Wii has a much greater social edge to it than traditional consoles. Games like Buzz on the PS were really pushing for that market, but the Wii has gone a leap and a bound further. It really depends on what you're looking for, eh. We like the idea of being able to use it as a party tool.

Can you answer my question about the PC?
Jesbass said:
On what basis? He shouldn't be deciding - you should be. If you want the biggest range of games with the best visual effects, a powerful PC is your answer. The other advantage with a PC is that they're going to be around for a long time yet. The likes of PS3s and XBoxes get superceded.

You've decided not to go with a PC, which is fine - I just want to know the reason. I can only think of cost as the reason, because they tend to be a fair bit more expensive than consoles. Outside of that, though, they have a better range of games, are more powerful, process faster, have better visuals, and so on. Cost is the only obstacle - albeit not a small one.

Jesbass_old

Thanks for not answering my question three times. It made it worth asking that much more.

Jesbass_old

Today or tomorrow, apparently, Kid. I'm assuming you're in New Zealand - let me take a look.

Esoj_old

I have a wii. it's great for multiplayer fun and you should be able to find a game that almost anybody could play. there is also some more hardcored titles coming next year so should be something for everyone on the wii

as for 360vps3. it comes down to which exclusives you like more because a lot of the games are now coming out on both so it really comes down to if you like say gears of war 2 better or resistance 2. also 360 you have to pay to play online and with the ps3 it is free.

Jesbass_old

Seriously? You have to pay to play online? What a farce!

How much does it cost?

Esoj_old

Seriously? You have to pay to play online? What a farce!

How much does it cost?

yeah for the 360 you do. I think it's around $100nz for a 12 month subscription pack. there is a free version called silver (gold is the paid one) but it's extremely limited in what it can do and I don't think you can join multiplayer games with it so to play with friend etc online you have to pay for it.

Skinny_Ravs82

Hey Esoj, what is the main advantages for playing online, on either console?

Esoj_old

fun really. playing either with friends or with other people online is a way to challenge yourself. multiplayer online is sometimes how a game is best played and extends the singleplayer experience of a game.

Jesbass_old

yeah for the 360 you do. I think it's around $100nz for a 12 month subscription pack. there is a free version called silver (gold is the paid one) but it's extremely limited in what it can do and I don't think you can join multiplayer games with it so to play with friend etc online you have to pay for it.

So with silver, you can go online, but can't play? Lol..so you can just chat?

An annual payment isn't too bad - I thought you were saying it's a pay-per-play, but even so, I think it's a farce that they'd charge people to enjoy games on multiplayer like that. Typical Microsoft. For that reason alone, I'd steer away from XBox to Sony, although the reality is that I'll go for neither.

Jesbass_old

Yeah. I personally lack the time or finances to get a console. And if I was to get one, I'd get the Wii, because I'd be getting one as a social excuse to exercise. Also, my wife isn't a hardcore gamer, but a casual one - that way we can play games together and get fitter at the same time.

However, if I was to make a straight pick between the two powerhouses of sit-on-the-couch-and-blob-console, I'd go with the PS3 hands down. No debate. Even disregarding the fact that online play is free compared to XBox charging, the console series has about 8 years more market experience than the XBox series, meaning it's more savvy about what the consumer wants, and has a much larger range of game titles. Sony has a much deeper market penetration, too, so that makes it more profitable for them and helps to ensure they'll still be around for many, many years to come.