Internationals Rugby League 2 World Cup Edition

• Thread starter warriors_ballboy_CEO_old
  • Start date

Skinny_Ravs82

I remember playing a cricket game on the PS1 and an aliens game on there and some others..ah back then the consoles were so simple!!

Skinny_Ravs82

Oh speaking of consoles, I was so used to playing on the Xbox when I got mine, or rather given it as a present about 2003 that I couldn't even play on the PS2 when I babysat my neighbours (the boys were great on the PS2 and my xbox which they borrowed ALOT of). I could play the PS2 but it took some adjusting coz the damn controls were different and the buttons were on different sides..etc..

And I was an ace with Need For Speed Underground, Underground 2 and Most Wanted but when I played it on the PS2 I was hopeless!!

Jesbass_old

Ps1 was a huge step up. You don't know nothin' if you haven't spent hours on a Sega Master System, lol.

I'm sure NU and Iafeta will come in here with their hip replacements and talk about their tape-driven consoles. Ahh, they were awesome!

Jesbass_old

Oh speaking of consoles, I was so used to playing on the Xbox when I got mine, or rather given it as a present about 2003 that I couldn't even play on the PS2 when I babysat my neighbours (the boys were great on the PS2 and my xbox which they borrowed ALOT of). I could play the PS2 but it took some adjusting coz the damn controls were different and the buttons were on different sides..etc..

And I was an ace with Need For Speed Underground, Underground 2 and Most Wanted but when I played it on the PS2 I was hopeless!!

I was the opposite. I had a PSOne for quite some time, and I've never been a fan of the XBox, and the controls are just so different.

Skinny_Ravs82

I wouldn't say i totally love the Xbox or anything but I was just familiar with it more and got used to it all the time.

Before the PS1 I had a Nintendo System which I think was from way way back then! Early 1990s or '80s even. God it's so long I can't remember. had the actual game cartridges and all. Very cool. And also then we had te TV consoles you know the ones with the ctroller and connected to the tv? Now those were the way to go :p

Esoj_old

Still only on PS2, Esoj? I'd be interested if there was a PC version. (I don't know why they wouldn't release it on PC - 90%+ of people own one, and the console market penetration would be much lower, I'd imagine.)

yeah seems just ps2 only still. their ps2 sales for the last game were actually higher than the pc which probably played a part in releasing this new game on the ps2 only. I'm still holding out hope this is just a bridge to hopefully convince HES to fund the development for rl3 which would surely be on the pc.

2big2strong_old

It's a bit backwards isn't it?

I mean, they must be the only developer on the planet still releasing titles on the PS2, exlusively at that!! It makes them look very very amateur (which i suppose they are) and pisses off people like myself that go out and buy PS3's not expecting games to still be coming out JUST for the old hardware. I feel ripped off.

Jesbass_old

As do I. I mean, it isn't even being released on PC. I surely cant be the only PC user out there who doesn't own a PS2? It's cheap to port, and not time consuming, either. It's frustrating. I've bought both of their other rugby league titles, and now, all of a sudden, I can't. (Lol, well, I can, but only if I use it as a paperweight!)

Skinny_Ravs82

LOL. Maybe but I take into considering not the machie or console itsself, but the rang of games that is avaliable

Jesbass_old

I think she's trying to say that when it comes to picking a console or gaming device, (PC included), she bases her decision on the games available for each format.

If that's the case, it has to be a PC. XBox and PS3 games are contracted, usually to exclusive deals, to Microsoft and Sony respectively. Only PC transcends that, offering 99% of console games on a more powerful setup.

Of course, the RL2 WC Edition is in the other 1%...

2big2strong_old

I think she's trying to say that when it comes to picking a console or gaming device, (PC included), she bases her decision on the games available for each format.

If that's the case, it has to be a PC. XBox and PS3 games are contracted, usually to exclusive deals, to Microsoft and Sony respectively. Only PC transcends that, offering 99% of console games on a more powerful setup.

Of course, the RL2 WC Edition is in the other 1%...

OH!!

I thought it was something to do with Rangaz. You know, Gingaz. They're a dirty dirty race that needs to be culled OR put out in the sun without the protection of 30+ sunblock.

Skinny_Ravs82

Yeah I went off topic :p

But I was talking to one of the guys at the gaming store and he reckons the 360 is the best one

Jesbass_old

OH!!

I thought it was something to do with Rangaz. You know, Gingaz. They're a dirty dirty race that needs to be culled OR put out in the sun without the protection of 30+ sunblock.

Hahaha...gotta love gingas - the one societal group that it's actually okay to openly mock! :lol1:

Jesbass_old

Yeah I went off topic :p

But I was talking to one of the guys at the gaming store and he reckons the 360 is the best one

On what basis? He shouldn't be deciding - you should be. If you want the biggest range of games with the best visual effects, a powerful PC is your answer. The other advantage with a PC is that they're going to be around for a long time yet. The likes of PS3s and XBoxes get superceded.