General Rovelli makes short list for NRL Rookie of the Year.

Robster_old

Vodafone Warriors halfback Grant Rovelli has sealed an outstanding NRL debut season by clinching a place on the short list for the prestigious Dally M Rookie of the Year award.
Rovelli (22) won't return home on Monday with his team-mates after Sunday's season finale against Brisbane.
Instead he'll fly to Sydney for Tuesday night's Dally M Awards dinner when he'll be in contention for the Rookie of the Year accolade. The others on the short list are thought to be Paramatta winger Jarryd Hayne, Cronulla prop Luke Douglas and Manly five-eighth Travis Burns.
Rovelli is set to finish his first season in the NRL and his first with the Vodafone Warriors by appearing in all 24 matches.
Sunday's game will be his 16th start at halfback after essentially being an interchange option for the first eight games of the season.
Despite that, he ranks third equal for the most try assists this year with 17 beind only Andrew Johns (Newcastle) and Matt Orford (Manly).

warriorfaithful*_old

Man it would be awesome if rovelli got it. But jaryd hayne will probably be leading candidate(unfortunatley!).

warriors4life_old

Yeah, Rovelli has done great this year, but Hayne's been electric for the Eels and will get the award.

Skinny_Ravs82

Big thumbs up to for Rovelli thou. It has been a very good year for him since the start of the year. Unfortuantely I think it's obvious that Hayne will be still reckon Ravs should be noted for just how good he's been and deserves the reconigtion

warriorfaithful*_old

Skinny_Ravs82 said:
Big thumbs up to for Rovelli thou. It has been a very good year for him since the start of the year. Unfortuantely I think it's obvious that Hayne will be still reckon Ravs should be noted for just how good he's been and deserves the reconigtion

Definitley. I mean this is a guy who in his 1st year of 1st grade is already making a name for himself in the halfback position. And just think, we have grant rovelli til 2010, imagine what he will be like then!!!! Andrew Johns in the making if you ask me. :)

*~*Fa'AhVaN*~*_old

warriorfaithful* said:
Skinny_Ravs82 said:

Definitley. I mean this is a guy who in his 1st year of 1st grade is already making a name for himself in the halfback position. And just think, we have grant rovelli til 2010, imagine what he will be like then!!!! Andrew Johns in the making if you ask me. :)
i agree, he played great today, he deservs the dally m award for rookie of the yr and half bak of the yr :p

Esoj_old

I doubt ravs wil win but good luck to him. at least he is in the runing that is at least some reconigition of the season he had.

warriors4life_old

Do they have 2nd or 3rd, because I reckon he's a good chance to take 2nd behind Hayne.

warriorfaithful*_old

warriors4life said:
Do they have 2nd or 3rd, because I reckon he's a good chance to take 2nd behind Hayne.

Yeah from the list of rookies going for the award i would have:

Hayne to get the award
then rovelli
then burns
and then douglas.

Skinny_Ravs82

Remember; we've brought to a close the Stacey Jones ear and now start the Grant Rovelli one...hehe.Its not every day you find this sort of thing (ok myabe the Tim Smith one or the Jarred Mullen one too) but for us; we probabably neer thought we'd see the day Stacey waved goodbye and out came some one else...so it's been good. He's taken the job well and proved quite a fair few people wrong. Anyway, before the day comes to a close here's something else to note...

HAPPY 23RD B'DAY RAVS!!!! ;) (yes I can hear all you groan and say; 'that's typical skinny_ravs82 again!)

warriorfaithful*_old

Skinny_Ravs82 said:
HAPPY 23RD B'DAY RAVS!!!! ;) (yes I can hear all you groan and say; 'that's typical skinny_ravs82 again!)

Lol. Yeah happy birthday Grant!

*~*Fa'AhVaN*~*_old

warriorfaithful* said:
Skinny_Ravs82 said:

Lol. Yeah happy birthday Grant!
happy bday ravs!! did u take him out to dinner skins ;)

Skinny_Ravs82

LOL..lets not go there eh? ;) I don't what anyone here getting lost in those stories :p

*~*Fa'AhVaN*~*_old

Skinny_Ravs82 said:
LOL..lets not go there eh? ;) I don't what anyone here getting lost in those stories :p
lol, this is probably suited for the "OT: ravs stuff" thread aye, ok then no worries, i already hav n idea of wat use got upto :p

Skinny_Ravs82

Ok but to the originality of this topic...haha. Now this is a good reason to watch the Awards night on Tuesday! Woo!! haha

patty_old

i am glad he is in the contention.. although hayne is hard to go past, if one of the other gets it i will be seriously dissapointed. rovelli has bent seastional for the wariors this year, he is a name all warriors fans should get to know! he is our future stacey jones! andskinny ravs msg meim coming ot melbourne next weekend and was wondering if your comeing to the storm game

*~*Fa'AhVaN*~*_old

patty said:
i am glad he is in the contention.. although hayne is hard to go past, if one of the other gets it i will be seriously dissapointed. rovelli has bent seastional for the wariors this year, he is a name all warriors fans should get to know! he is our future stacey jones! andskinny ravs msg meim coming ot melbourne next weekend and was wondering if your comeing to the storm game
fah bro u go every where aye, wen the f*** do u come down to sydney! im goin to every sydney game next yr! warriors r goin to dominate! GO WARRIORS!!!!!!