12 B.Sironen H.Young 11
13 J.Tevaga R.Sutton 13
14 T.Otukolo C.Nicoll-Klokstad 14
15 B.Afoa C.Harawira-Naera 15
16 E.Katoa A.Elliott 16
17 J.Murchie C.Horsburgh 17
20 B.Murdoch-Masila H.Rushton 18
21 D.Asi M.Frawley 19

Walshy stepped up last week for many of our kicks out of yardage and did a reasonable job in that first half I thought.

Question around Asi coming into the game with two training runs is how effective will he be finding his back-rower and Centre at the gain line. Expect some errors there. His run to pass ratio is high but he’ll still need to spread the ball and find his players as per the Nathan Brown game plan.

I‘m hoping Shaun Johnson isn’t too busted this week on a short turn-around, I feel like we need him active on the ball both sides of the ruck. There‘s a limit to what Asi will be able to do in this game.

Asi's strength is his running but he has had some decent performances with the boot. Appearances off the bench & at Centre dramatically reduces his average kicking metres for his career but if you only focus on his 4 games in the spine (x3 at #6 & x1 at #1) that average jumps up to 225m per game.
What's he like at Centre? After Chanel Harris-Tavita comes back should he slip in there?

Yep he’s played mostly middle this year. He went ok, not great imo
I doubt that, from memory Katoa has played mostly on the right edge this season..
Given his background and form at souths he likely has the best hands and situational awareness in our forward pack yet never ball plays or gets his hands on the ball
His performances are a liability, he is always dominated and never gets us on the front foot in attack or defence. Perhaps he has unseen ability, but that shit is for reserve grade not the starting 13 especially at a player like Katoa's expense.
Brown is a fool..

The chat about Sironen made me go have a look at his highlights at the Rabbitohs. Both his Try Assists there (which are his only 2 to date) were when playing left edge. He also bagged 1 Try on the left & 1 in the middle. I don't think he's spent much time on the left as a Warrior. Right side appears to be where Brown favours him. There was mention of his ball playing when he join the club but I think the closest we've seen to that hype was his cut out ball on Monday that was ruled a forward pass.
This podcast dropped today if anyone wants to hear from him:

I doubt that, from memory Katoa has played mostly on the right edge this season.
His most recent 2 appearances have been off the bench & vs the Broncos he played exclusively in the middle then against the Roosters his first stint was in the middle then the second was on the right. Looks like it's another option they're trying to develop as Aitken & Curran can play large minutes on the edges

Reactions: Fonzie
His most recent 2 appearances have been off the bench & vs the Broncos he played exclusively in the middle then against the Roosters his first stint was in the middle then the second was on the right. Looks like it's another option they're trying to develop as Aitken & Curran can play large minutes on the edges
Yes that's right, so we have Curren killing it in the 13, Jazz competent and capable, Tohu Harris being lined up for a future in the front row. Aitken is fruitless as he's leaving. Why waste Katoa's talent in the middle, I don't see Kikau in the middle..

I found a rather lame youtube clip by a 16 year who blogs on League
It was a low quality blog but it was dedicated to Asi
Quotes were
"He is primarily an outside back who can play half"
"He is pretty good/useful"
"Not sure why Cowboys willing to lose him. Must be making cap space for an acquisition".
Wouldn’t mind if he turned out to be a decent outside back!

Reactions: Worried2Death