Toookey

Toookey

Just had a quick peek at our draw. Next 5 weeks:

Raiders
Sharks
Rabbitohs
Dragons
Knights

Sheesh, all 5 are winnable. Sharks played like poohs last night. Not sure if Dale Finucane is playing next week but now is a great time to topple them.
Potentially could have Tohu Harris, Curran, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak and Chanel Harris-Tavita back for rd 10 with the Rabbitohs which would put us in good stead.

I feel we SHOULD win 3 of those, and could have a red hot crack at Sharks and Rabbitohs too. Plz no more injuries!

roadrunner

roadrunner

Just had a quick peek at our draw. Next 5 weeks:

Raiders
Sharks
Rabbitohs
Dragons
Knights

Sheesh, all 5 are winnable. Sharks played like poohs last night. Not sure if Dale Finucane is playing next week but now is a great time to topple them.
Potentially could have Tohu Harris, Curran, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak and Chanel Harris-Tavita back for rd 10 with the Rabbitohs which would put us in good stead.

I feel we SHOULD win 3 of those, and could have a red hot crack at Sharks and Rabbitohs too. Plz no more injuries!
Please no more 70 pointers

Sup42

Sup42

Contributor
I reckon the Asi signing has happened because of the Chanel Harris-Tavita injury.

They would have known Chanel Harris-Tavita wasn’t going to be playing pretty early on after Monday, and while I’m sure we may have been negotiating with Asi prior to that, letting him know that one of our halves have gone down and will be out for the next 4 weeks so you get first shot (plus the other half is old man Shaun Johnson) I think that’s probably the thing that got him over the line so quick. Will probably end up playing 8-10 games of first grade this year when last week he looked like he had no shot at the Cowboys

Could be a master stroke.

I am hoping that this is a club where if Asi comes in and plays well for four weeks straight, that the coaching staff don't reward him by shelving him when Chanel Harris-Tavita is fit.

With Metcalf coming, this club has its first ever opportunity to have competition in its halves.

Only the very best rosters can park a good halfback/standoff.

The Warriors have never in their entire existence been able to do it.

If Asi plays well, then the microscope needs to fall on Shaun Johnson when Chanel Harris-Tavita recovers, scrutiny needs to be applied to even our biggest names if noobs are performing better....for the sake of the culture in this organization a gutsy Chanel Harris-Tavita needs to be in the same conversation as someone like Shaun Johnson.

I am not getting down on Shaun Johnson, I know what he is capable of, I know he is key to unlocking this team....but he needs to feel this kind of pressure...I'm sure if he knew he was playing for his Jersey we would see a whole other side of every big salary player at this club.

Blackdot

Blackdot

With Katoa and Murchie both on the bench (and only Afoa for the props) I wonder if they’re going to be playing Katoa at prop. Have we run him at prop before?

Edit: I doubled checked, once against the Roosters.

Last edited:
Wrighty

Wrighty

Anyone seen Asi play before ? Hopefully Shaun Johnson can pick his balls up for this game.
I found a rather lame youtube clip by a 16 year who blogs on League
It was a low quality blog but it was dedicated to Asi
Quotes were
"He is primarily an outside back who can play half"
"He is pretty good/useful"
"Not sure why Cowboys willing to lose him. Must be making cap space for an acquisition".

Wrighty

Wrighty

Quotes from Cowboys forum on Asi

"Good for Asi he is never getting a look in behind Chad, Drinky and Dearden so right move for him. Never really kicked on, I think we did him dirty shuffling him around positionally so much."

"Shame about Asi though. Always thought he had potential but we never really put him in our plans. Lazy trainer apparently"

defensivebomb

defensivebomb

Quotes from Cowboys forum on Asi

"Good for Asi he is never getting a look in behind Chad, Drinky and Dearden so right move for him. Never really kicked on, I think we did him dirty shuffling him around positionally so much."

"Shame about Asi though. Always thought he had potential but we never really put him in our plans. Lazy trainer apparently"
Sounds like Hayze / Turner / Lolohea. Hopefully he sees this for what it is - a massive opportunity

Wrighty

Wrighty

Given his background and form at souths he likely has the best hands and situational awareness in our forward pack yet never ball plays or gets his hands on the ball
to quote the worst test match captain I have ever seen for the blackcaps, McCullum (good at ODIs but horrendous in tests)
"You have to earn the right"
Sironen doesn't earn the right to be given the pill in any situations because he doesn't do the fundamentals of forward play well