12 K.Bromwich B.Sironen 12
13 J.King J.Curran 13
14 B.Smith B.Afoa 15
15 T.Wishart A.Pene 16
16 T.Loiero T.Otukolo 18
17 T.Moeroa J.Tevaga 20
18 C.Lewis R.Berry 22

There's two reasons the NRL insists on putting us in the 9pm slot:

- Roosters v Dragons is their marquee ANZAC match up so they want it in the slot that'll get the biggest crowd along.

- There's some big AFL game on in Melbourne every year on ANZAC day, so the NRL needs to wait for that to finish otherwise no one would turn up.

Can't say I agree with either of these, especially as it's every single year we get dudded by the time slot, but there it is.

Storm

1 Papenhuyzen
2 Nick Meaney
3 Remis Smith
4 Olam
5 Xavier Coates
6 Munster
7 Jahrome Hughes
8 J Bromwich captain
9 Harry Grant
10 NAS
11 Felise Kaufusi
12 K Bromwich
13 Josh King

14 Brandon Smith
15 Wishart
16 Trent Loiero
17 Tepai Moeroa
Still pisses me off that Cheese rejected us while ha is a bench player at Storm. He'd be our starting hooker like 2 years ago. How do these clubs get away with it?

- Roosters v Dragons is their marquee ANZAC match up so they want it in the slot that'll get the biggest crowd along.

- There's some big AFL game on in Melbourne every year on ANZAC day, so the NRL needs to wait for that to finish otherwise no one would turn up.

Can't say I agree with either of these, especially as it's every single year we get dudded by the time slot, but there it is.
It's generally the biggest regular season crowd the Storm pull so unfortunately many more late night mid week games to come

We went to the Melbourne ANZAC game one year when the Essendon Collingwood games finished at the same time. 115,000 at the MCG, it was scary at the Train station, not violent or anything but we had to hold onto the kids. I can understand the reasoning.

Dixpat

In Andy we (have to) trust
Contributor
The DC s who put together scheduling probably just forget ignore NZ league viewers concerns about late games ie 7pm Aus east time 9 pm Nztime.
Hell I m in Aus and I fell asleep in the first half of last nights 8 pm (Aus east time)Broncos game as I get up at 430 for work.
How do you campaign lobby the NRL schedulers to recognise that proper working people not office/sales/wfh etc who have cushy start times form a large per centage of NRL fans.
Get bruce bruce to email V’landys - he says he has his email address.

When you do, ask him what response he got to his email telling the NRL that allowing Fox to broadcast the games sucks because their hosts in the USA support Russia in the current conflict.

Bushman

Contributor
Here’s a solution.
Play this game in Nz.
No pesky AFL game causing issues
Would be ideal, apparently every year NRL clubs are asked what games they want for the next season. Melbourne want anzac day home game against warriors as their first pick. If there is a NZ based anazac day game we won't be playing the Storm (cause they are sulking) ... so NZ based Anzac game next year 🤔 😊

bruce

Contributor
Get bruce bruce to email V’landys - he says he has his email address.

When you do, ask him what response he got to his email telling the NRL that allowing Fox to broadcast the games sucks because their hosts in the USA support Russia in the current conflict.
I don't have his email. It isn't public, that I can see.

especially as it's every single year we get dudded by the time slot, but there it is.
If your referring to the players I agree, if fans find it difficult keeping there peepers open at 11pm spare a thought for the players having to play. When we were travelling out of Auckland it was the equivalent of playing an NRL game when your body was use to being tucked up in bed.

The Anzac game, and making the 10,000km round trip for the Perth game were guaranteed losses for almost a decade.

That Perth trip especially was a shit detail, I‘d be pissed if the Nrl brought that game back.

Dixpat

In Andy we (have to) trust
Contributor
I don't have his email. It isn't public, that I can see.
#128 in thread NRL investigation into homophobic slur

If you don't have the email you have the postal address
What response did you get?

To the NRL just now:
I fully support inclusion of LBGTQ people in our game.
I fully support steps by the NRL to remove homophobic slurs from the game.
A NZ warriors player is being charged for calling another player a "faggot" for feigning injury.
The abuse was not inferring he was gay, or abusing him because he was gay. Nobody could have taken an inference the player was being accused of being gay.
However I accept that the NRL may take a more strict interpretation of the incident.
That in mind could the NRL please explain it's continued relationship with News Corporation, whose channel Fox News is an open supporter, and apologist of Vladimir Putin's invasion of Ukraine, and war crimes being committed in the process..
I would expect some public explanation of the NRL position on the war crimes being supported by a partner of the NRL.

What has happened to our offload game? We used to be one of the top offloading teams in the NRL. IMO the best way to beat the Storm is to play 'Warrior jungle ball'. Cant see us winning this game unless we go back to the offloading game.

What has happened to our offload game? We used to be one of the top offloading teams in the NRL. IMO the best way to beat the Storm is to play 'Warrior jungle ball'. Cant see us winning this game unless we go back to the offloading game.
2nd post match conference in a row now Brownie has bought up a lack of an exspansive game and that we wont challenge the better teams with just 5 hit ups and a kick.....so they have the coaches blessing as far as i can see to play a bit more footy.

That said isnt Stacey the attack coach? Defence has come on leaps and bounds this year (im sure Brownies taken that over from Morgan?) but attack hasnt really gelled yet.

Our spine and centres have had 3 games now together:

I said this on April 12th before the roosters match

"
As much as we are building cohesion we have a long way to go as for various reasons only reached a promising combination in game 4.
Robinson was on TV last night and said that mid week and pre-season time was only partly effective, you actually need 8-10 games for a spine 1, 6, 7 and 9 to fully glue together.

Our spine has had two games, games 4 and 5.
The following Analysis will be rat shit as I have never played league but posting it for entertainment purposes.

If it takes 8-10 games to gel then we are about 25% gelled right now. We will be looking to consolidate on our first two matches and still keep things simple.
After three matches, ie when we play the storm we may see some fledgling extravagant plays.

I think this Warriors team is different in that it has concentrated on defense, possibly to the detriment of attack. Two comments

As continuity of selection goes on combinations will improve across the field.

This spine is still bedding in, we have seen flashes of what each can do. Once they start combining together. Once they become more consistent the attack will naturally follow.

Reactions: Worried2Death