12 S.Tupouniua B.Sironen 12
13 V.Radley J.Curran 13
15 F.Baker K.Nikorima 14
16 A.Crichton B.Afoa 15
18 L.Lam A.Pene 16
22 D.Suluka-Fifita E.Katoa 17
23 J.Suaalii T.Otukolo 18
24 D.Hutchison P.Kepu 25

Scanning through the comments, one thing has struck me. They are playing against the Roosters who are favourites because they are a good team.

If our guys carry on as they have paying as a team and doing the simple things well, like defense and completions then they will compete. That is the start of it, competing. I get annoyed with comments like 'we will put 30 points on them'. It starts with competing.

Preparation and planning are the hall marks of a good team you are not going to keep payers like Manu and Tedesco out of the game, however, you can have a game plan that lessens their effectiveness, usually that involves taking time and space away from them.

Reactions: Worried2Death
At this stage I just think they slid him in as he's jersey #18. With our small backrow already it would be too risky carrying both on the bench. Pride Pettersen-Robati to debut is my best guess
Ouch - Lodge out and the balance is completely whacked -- Katoa will go into the prop rotation won't he? that then gives some scope for introducing Pride in the back row ... but jeez, a few big calls to be made in the next couple of days - do we have the management to pull this off?

My step father worked on the line at Westfield freezing works.

I borrowed his boning knife to peel the spuds.

It cut Like a razor.

I sharpened it some more on his Steele because I liked the way it cut like melted butter.

I was watching the 84 Olympics from LA while peeling those spuds.

Knife got stuck in the middle of an asteroid sized spud. So I pulled hard on it, and it went through the spud and kept going.

I Severed my thumb through to skin and a good chunk of my palm.

The thumb fell backwards and was flapping at the back of my hand.

I ran into the kitchen pumping blood with a flapping thumb,

My mother saw the hand, she is short sighted, the thumb had flipped back on like it was connected to the hand. She saw the black dirt from the spuds and thought I had burnt my hand, so she shoved it under the tap....blasted it with water.....and the thumb fell off into the sink.

I started screaming, because it hurt a bit.

My eldest brother came over and slapped me hard across the face and said "shut up I can't hear the TV".

Pretty much Friday night in South Auckland in the 80s.

Anyway after micro surgery at Middlemore...I was playing basketball four weeks later because in those days you were expected go be a hard kient at 15....which is why I have a dead thumb now...no feeling.

I think Dallin Watene-Zelezniak will be alright.
fuck thats graphic.... thought about being a horror novelist

A few people have said it and I think it’s the most exciting point for me. This year - our team WANT TO WIN. WANT TO GET BETTER. WANT TO COMPETE. And WANT TO CREATE A GREAT TEAM CULTURE. We have not had this in a very very long time. For me - I haven’t felt this since the Price-Wiki era and since 2011. 2018 had flashes of it but seriously there’s a good feeling in this squad. From watching them play to listening to podcasts and things. We have a lot to continue to learn and improve on in games - and we will improve - as we are seeing this week on week. But the most important factor that you can’t really train is the desire to win for each other and the club and that is there and it is getting LOUDER AND LOUDER! Im so excited for this game and the boys will enjoy wearing the 2002 Heritage strip! This will be a big test for us but I think we can win this!
GO THE WARRIORS! 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Jazz's suspension is really hurting us this week. Whenever one of our guys gets suspended inevitably other blokes get injured too.
Thank goodness he pled guilty and is back next week.
Montoyas suspension could end up testing our depth as well.

I couldn’t reply to your post for some reason Sup42 but that sounds like a crazy career you’ve had. For me the issue is really about the inconsistency of the nrl with handing out punishments. I heard someone say that the difference between this and Tedesco is that this was heard on the television when picked up on the microphone and had to be dealt with seriously. For me that could be the only explanation between the two scenarios that sees such varying punishments when I don’t think they are that far apart in what they’re trying to stamp out.

Stalefish540

Contributor
Scanning through the comments, one thing has struck me. They are playing against the Roosters who are favourites because they are a good team.

If our guys carry on as they have paying as a team and doing the simple things well, like defense and completions then they will compete. That is the start of it, competing. I get annoyed with comments like 'we will put 30 points on them'. It starts with competing.

Preparation and planning are the hall marks of a good team you are not going to keep payers like Manu and Tedesco out of the game, however, you can have a game plan that lessens their effectiveness, usually that involves taking time and space away from them.
Have we been playing well though? might just be me but it's been one of the dustiest triples i've ever seen.

Admittedly two points is still two points, but has been absolutely whelming to watch as a fan.

Our middle has been struggling to contain lower teir teams getting metres with ease. That certainly won't be aided with no Jazz/Lodge.

Have we been playing well though? might just be me but it's been one of the dustiest triples i've ever seen.

Admittedly two points is still two points, but has been absolutely whelming to watch as a fan.

Our middle has been struggling to contain lower teir teams getting metres with ease. That certainly won't be aided with no Jazz/Lodge.
Yeah deep down we all know this game is our Waterloo, it's still a couple of days away yet tho, it's good Friday and the world looks so much better when you're looking at it from the top 8. I'm not even considering the possibility of us getting murdered by the Roosters until Easter Sunday

I couldn’t reply to your post for some reason Sup42 but that sounds like a crazy career you’ve had. For me the issue is really about the inconsistency of the nrl with handing out punishments. I heard someone say that the difference between this and Tedesco is that this was heard on the television when picked up on the microphone and had to be dealt with seriously. For me that could be the only explanation between the two scenarios that sees such varying punishments when I don’t think they are that far apart in what they’re trying to stamp out.
The difference between this and Tedesco is that it happened at nighttime lol

So if we started this year with Tohu Harris, Jazz, Lodge, and Ben Murdoch-Masila....then lost all of them at once to injury....most of us would be throwing this game in the waste paper basket.

But here we are yet again, stripped of four of our best forwards...and somehow hoping on a win.

I know for a fact that if the Roosters were coming in without four starting forwards, we would be demanding a victory.

Somehow we are harder on our own than other clubs are of theirs.

Few NRL clubs have injuries like ours I mean very few have happen to them shat we consider normal.

It has me looking sideways at our trainers I gotta tell you.

Why do we seem to destroy our players mid week?

Ah well, if we go within two trys of the roosters I will call that a result.

So if we started this year with Tohu Harris, Jazz, Lodge, and Ben Murdoch-Masila....then lost all of them at once to injury....most of us would be throwing this game in the waste paper basket.

But here we are yet again, stripped of four of our best forwards...and somehow hoping on a win.

I know for a fact that if the Roosters were coming in without four starting forwards, we would be demanding a victory.

Somehow we are harder on our own than other clubs are of theirs.

Few NRL clubs have injuries like ours I mean very few have happen to them shat we consider normal.

It has me looking sideways at our trainers I gotta tell you.

Why do we seem to destroy our players mid week?

Ah well, if we go within two trys of the roosters I will call that a result.
Apologies if I'm misreading your message but I'm not sure I agree with your statement. None of Ben Murdoch-Masila, Lodge or Tohu Harris had to do with training injuries they happened in normal game play. Jazz was suspended.Just rotten luck imo. Happy to be corrected!

Apologies if I'm misreading your message but I'm not sure I agree with your statement. None of Ben Murdoch-Masila, Lodge or Tohu Harris had to do with training injuries they happened in normal game play. Jazz was suspended.Just rotten luck imo. Happy to be corrected!
I think he’s meaning that if one week you lose 4 players and you’re playing the Roosters, you know you’re probably going to lose that.

Yet even with these losses (obvs not all at once), we are still thinking, nay EXPECTING a victory….

Reactions: Canadian_WarriorFan

Beastmode

Just another day in paradise
Contributor

Yeah but what message does that send to the players.

Filth is Ok - just don’t get caught with your pants down

Reactions: wizards rage
Not too sure about that Sup, we might be demanding forward dominance on here but they can still just throw it to Manu for his obligatory two or three tries out wide, I can see him bagging a hat trick and Blocker going off like Jesus has returned, calling it now.

• Haha
Reactions: Bushman and Defence
Reactions: Beastmode