Players grades with comments (in case Tajhay is wondering why I didn't grade in the grading app)
1 Reece Walsh
- 1 out of ten. Needs to take accountability for this loss. What was he thinking before the infamous second half kick off? I am going to drill this 1 metre inside the dead ball line to give us a great start to the second half? Why? How about a nice safe kick. He did another one later that nearly went over the side line on the full. Maybe Shaun Johnson
to kick off from now on or Chanel Harris-Tavita
2) Ed Kosi
8 out of 10. Great game
10 out of 10. Best centre on the field for either team
4) Arthars 2 out ten. Stupid penalty at a critical point in the game.
5) Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
- dropped the pill on the game winning try. Warmed into the match as it went on. Good try. That took some finishing. 7 out of 10.
6) Chanel Harris-Tavita
- we needed a 40 20 down the stretch and he didn't step up and try. Lack of assertion means a 3 out ten. Good tackling.
7) Shaun - 4 out of ten. A turning point of the match was when he gave away a 7 tackle set in the first half with a grubber kick. He needs to weight those inch perfec.t They scored off the 7 tackle set if I recall correctly. He did not get us enough repeat sets in general. He needs to be better. He should be aiming to be the best player on the field each game. Not good enough.
8) Addin Fonua-Blake
- 149 metres. 8 out of 10.
- 7 out of ten. Stupid penalty
- Ran for only 93 metres. We needed 150 from him tonight given how light on props we were. He ran it up like a powder puff and looked afraid of contact. I would be too but he is an NRL prop. Get into it son. He is yet to run for 100 metres this season. Should have Kept Kane Evans
instead like I said all along. 1 out of ten for Pene
. He didn't play badly but he needed to have the game of his life tonight instead he put in a paycheque performance and is turning into a pay cheque player.
9 out of 10. Does a lot of unseen work.
. In tackling you talk about hard shoulders that win the collision. He had a weak shoulder tonight that let them make the advantage line each time. 4 out ten. At least no play of the ball errors.
. Meh 5 out of ten'
No mistakes. 7 out of ten
15) Bunty. Only 53 metres. One of his worst outings. Didn't put his hand up enough. 2 out of ten.
- started off with a hard shoulder and real impact. Then he got gassed after only 3 to 4 minutes on the field. Brown's patience with him must be tested.
17 Otokulu - Good ball security. 4 out of ten. No mistakes.