General Round 5 vs Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score

bringbkmeli_old

Someone needs to make LordGnome realise he's not funny

Facepalm central
lordgnome is a funny guy, he brings alot of humour into this forum always..... you should give yourself a facepalm dr j. lordgnome is more of a comedian than mike king lol

Reaction score

playdaball_old

1, Sam
2, Witt
3, Paddy

I choose them as just about every other player as been mentioned previously- not that they played well.

Reaction score

Jesbass_old

lordgnome is a funny guy, he brings alot of humour into this forum always..... you should give yourself a facepalm dr j. lordgnome is more of a comedian than mike king lol
I get your drift, mate, but that wasn't exactly the best compliment you could give the guy, lol...

Reaction score

Northern_Union

I've seen King live, he's a funny guy.

Reaction score

Jesbass_old

I've seen King live, he's a funny guy.
Indubitably, kind sir.

But there are funnier. It's all a matter of taste, of course. But Russell Peters and Chris Rock are my particular favourites.

Reaction score

Northern_Union

Indubitably, kind sir.

But there are funnier. It's all a matter of taste, of course. But Russell Peters and Chris Rock are my particular favourites.
Russel Peters is like caviar, very good in small doses but in large doses gives you the shits.

Chris Rock is just funny no matter what way you cut it.

Reaction score

Kaiaua krusher_old

According to NRL Stats Lance did 199 metres on Sunday. Anyway here are the leading metre eaters for this season to date

Manu 681
Lance 608
Tatie 497
Evan 480
Rubes 444
Paddy 408

The back 3 are getting plenty of work and are doing it well.
The other interesting stat is that Tatie is 4th on the table for dummy half runs.

Reaction score

David James_old

3 - Henderson - Guided well on O, and stinging in D
2 - Wiki - Good captains game
1 - Manu - Solid

Very notable mentions - Hohaia, Tuimavave, Tate.

Reaction score

Kav_old

May I add a little note of commendation for Paddy (Blinky) Ah Vann.
He has more than his share of critics but his play this year (admittedly outside one of the best in the business) has been consistently good and occasionally brilliant. He has saved us from dicey situations in the last two games and is still improving. It is good to have an alternative winger who can score (and set up)tries from anywhere on the field. Go Paddy.

Kav

Reaction score

Becs_old

3 Manu
2 Fein
1 Tate

Reaction score

sebastian_old

May I add a little note of commendation for Paddy (Blinky) Ah Vann.
He has more than his share of critics but his play this year (admittedly outside one of the best in the business) has been consistently good and occasionally brilliant. He has saved us from dicey situations in the last two games and is still improving. It is good to have an alternative winger who can score (and set up)tries from anywhere on the field. Go Paddy.

Kav
I didn't like Paddy last season but what a season he's having so far, I hope he keeps it up!!

Reaction score

Skinny_Ravs82

Absolutely Kav, I think its helped him a bit as well. Hopefully by the end of the year we'll see something different in Blinky

Reaction score

2big2strong_old

I'm currently watching a few of this years games games on Bigpond TV and I've got to say, I wasn't a fan of Paddy Ah Van last year but geeeez he's doing some good things. His defence is very ordinary but his attacking has picked up 200%, like a few of you have said, he looks like he should be wearing a 3 or 4 on his back. I hope he is fit and firing this weekend.

Reaction score

2big2strong_old

and epalahame had a real shocker in this dogs game, I've been trying to observe how good the teams discipline is this year but Hame really let down 16 other players on sunday didn't he.

Reaction score

Jesbass_old

It's probably about time I weighed in here...

3 - Vatuvei - 2 tries, 2 line breaks, and a massive 8 tackle breaks. He also put in a lot of work assisting the forwards, gianing 133m, so his 2 errors can be overlooked.

2 - Henderson - Along with Wiki, turned the game back in our favour in just 38 minutes of game time. 94m in a single half, including 88m from dummy half as he tore the opposition apart, plus 1 try assist.

1 - Wiki - I can't not mention Jake the Muss. A 35-year-old making 102m in an NRL game and barging through three defenders to score a try on top of that? 4 tackle breaks isn't bad for an old fella, too!

Honourable mentions...

Hohaia - 199m, and a try scored by timing a good back up run. 'Nuff said.
Ah Van - Played well despite obviously being in pain. 1 line break, 1 try assist, 90m.
Tate - 116m, 5 tackle breaks, and assisting the go forward with 4 dummy half runs.
Rovelli - Started the game very well with a try assist on our first set. Showed occasional sparks of brilliance.
Fien - Directed play very well. 1 try assist and well directed kicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom