16 A.Pene R.Cotter 16
17 J.Murchie G.Neame 17
20 A.Fonua-Blake B.Elliot 19

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
NRL 2022 Round 5 - Warriors vs Cowboys TEAM LIST

Cowboys 2

NZWF Official thread for the 2022 Round 5 Warriors team list and discussion...

Toookey

Toookey

Were there any injuries from the game that we know the extent of currently?

Ben Murdoch-Masila didn’t look too great, and Jazz likely out for a few weeks.

The way Pompey is going at centre, I’m thinking you either have him there or not in the team at all. As a winger he’s largely ineffective imo. Because of this, I’d give Berry another week off.

Kodi? Will probably remain on the bench now that Jazz won’t be there but for me he can f**k off.

1. Walsh
2. Kosi
3. Pompey
4. Arthurs
5. Montoya
6. Chanel Harris-Tavita
7. Shaun Johnson
8. Addin Fonua-Blake
9. Egan
10. Lodge
11. Katoa
12. Aitken
13. Curran

14. Otukolo
15. Bunty
16. Pene
17. Sirro

Reactions: 2 users
Lance155

Lance155

I assume Jazz isn't fighting the charges? Great time to give Otukolo a run. Egan is handling his minutes much better this year in terms of fatigue. Still want Pompey out, Berry and Arthurs in the centres. Not keen on any of our other wingers haha

pompower

pompower

VODAFONE WARRIORS v NORTH QUEENSLAND COWBOYS​

Moreton Daily Stadium, Brisbane

6.00pm, Friday, April 8

VODAFONE WARRIORS

1 REECE WALSH

2 EDWARD KOSI

3 JESSE ARTHARS

4 ADAM POMPEY

5 MARCELO MONTOYA

6 CHANEL HARRIS-TAVITA

7 SHAUN JOHNSON

8 BUNTY AFOA

9 WAYDE EGAN (C)

10 MATT LODGE

11 EUAN AITKEN

12 BAYLEY SIRONEN

13 JOSH CURRAN

Interchange:

14 KODI NIKORIMA

15 ELIESA KATOA

16 AARON PENE

17 JACK MURCHIE

18 TANIELA OTUKOLO

20 ADDIN FONUA-BLAKE

21 ROCCO BERRY

22 PRIDE PETTERSON-ROBATI

23 JUNIOR RATUVA

24 VILIAMI VAILEA

25 OTUKINEKINA KEPU

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
kiwiborn91

kiwiborn91

Hoping Addin Fonua-Blake is cleared to play but it’s so good to see the spine consistent for a second week! Everyone on the team named this week has it in them! LETS GONE WARRIORS! Let’s keep building that momentum! 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Reactions: 7 users
Cces

Cces

A backrow averaging just 98kg. Personally can't see all 3 being on the field at once & being effective

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Lance155

Lance155

Hoping for quite a few changes. Get Siro out of there!!! That is one plain jane second row

• Haha
Once A Warrior

Once A Warrior

Huge loss if the warriors are missing A F Blake! That and Jazz Tavagas work rate will be missed.

Looking at this team named though and I think Nathan Brown have done the best job selecting possible here.

The backs from last weekends game deserved thier selections this week so nice to see cohesion there. I'm happy for Berry and Veilea to bide there time and get some much needed game time with Redcliffe.

For the forwards this is a huge game for Bunty to step into some extra minutes. Agree the back row is small in stature but I think huge in heart and guts defensively. I thought sironen was good defensively his last outing and we all know aitkin is sound in that area as well.

What would help the team no end is what energy the bench can bring.

Huge game for the lads but they seem in a happy place. Shaun's kicking game has to be the difference.

Reactions: 5 users
jsmooove

jsmooove

Curran is an exciting player who probably had a bit more of a quiet game last week by his standards lately. but having siro and aitken in the backrow is pretty much putting the same player in two positions. I understand having one of them in their for backrow balance but both? neither are really good with ball in hand

kiwiborn91

kiwiborn91

Huge loss if the warriors are missing A F Blake! That and Jazz Tavagas work rate will be missed.

Looking at this team named though and I think Nathan Brown have done the best job selecting possible here.

The backs from last weekends game deserved thier selections this week so nice to see cohesion there. I'm happy for Berry and Veilea to bide there time and get some much needed game time with Redcliffe.

For the forwards this is a huge game for Bunty to step into some extra minutes. Agree the back row is small in stature but I think huge in heart and guts defensively. I thought sironen was good defensively his last outing and we all know aitkin is sound in that area as well.

What would help the team no end is what energy the bench can bring.

Huge game for the lads but they seem in a happy place. Shaun's kicking game has to be the difference.
Energy is the key word! That’s what I loved about the team on the weekend (among many things!) The energy 🔥 Everyone put in! Also excited to see Bunty get some good minutes! Love him with the ball!

Reactions: 1 user
kiwiborn91

kiwiborn91

Are people feeling super excited for this weeks game after last weeks!?
😍😍😍😍😍😍 like can it be Friday already!?

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Cces

Cces

Curran is an exciting player who probably had a bit more of a quiet game last week by his standards lately. but having siro and aitken in the backrow is pretty much putting the same player in two positions. I understand having one of them in their for backrow balance but both? neither are really good with ball in hand
As vanilla is Aitken is he's still averaged over 100m a game in this Second Row career to date. Johnson will hopefully make Sironen look great. Shaun Johnson even made Bunty look like a hole chopping Second Rower once upon a time

Reactions: 12 users