Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
Leo Thompson and Hamlin-Uele? Someone like Johnson is irreplaceable too, hadn't considered the cap around that area either
Leo and his bro are locked in at Newy.

Haas is doubtful to leave Queensland with his family there and mum incarcerated.

Joe Tapine would be a dream come true. Wasn't his Mrs on social media complaining about him being under-appreciated by Ricky, and no one was paying for her brownies? Wait a minute... is this some secret WAGs code? Could be wrong about the biscuits. Come home Joey.

I think the best prop who would most benefit from coming here is Joe Tapine. We're much more likely to win in the next 3 years than Canberra. I say throw the $1 mil at him and cut Pompey. I know that's a bit savage, but I think Leiataua has more promise and I'd rather a cheap junior.
agree, Pompey will be on the outer now we have RTS.

Go after Tapine and his Mrs hard. He's a good metre eater and can offload.

What were AFB’s average metres from. 2018-22? Was 170m/game about average or was this a big year for him
Screenshot_20231220_222137_Chrome.jpg

The 25 best props under the age of 30 (imo) and what I’d be happy to pay (roughly).

1M
Hass, afb, jfh, tapine, tino, carrigan.

Rcg, nas, leota, Flegler, Fotuaika, collins.

Klemmer, Utoikamanu, Horsburgh,
Paseka, Trbojevic, saifiti bros, Leo Thompson, Neame, Blake Lawrie, Tatola,
Leniu, Tyrell may (only one off contract).

I think this forum is panicking over AFB going and not looking at what upsides we have, es we have him for 2024 . Zyon Maiu’u is great talent coming through, he reminds me of AFB in his style, Ale is another who has shown he can handle NRL and will only get better. Bunty is rock solid but can he play more minutes. Personally if there had been a player swap with the Sharks I would have gone for Mulitalo,

I hope you're right but nah, if you take AFB out of our squad we're missing finals footy. Zyon Maiu’u looks the goods but he's years away. Bunty improved the least out of all our players last year and really doesn't seem to offer much. We were extremely light at prop before the AFB news dropped, since that time we haven't recruited any more middles.

We're so deep across most other positions but have let ourselves get into a pretty bad situation at prop. One more big body even if they are one dimensional would help balance our pack so much. Now with AFB leaving we need an alpha and a big body.

Interesting article. Think the cowboys could be somewhere we can pick up what we need. Seems like Taumalolo would be handy off their books? Potential to get Neame early in 2025? Have a look at Finefeuiaki or Luki as second row/front row options? Wonder if we’ve got a bit of a help each other out where possible thing happening with the cowboys and peyton? We’ve let a few players go over there since he became their coach. Most recently letting Vailea go there early.

I hope you're right but nah, if you take AFB out of our squad we're missing finals footy. Zyon Maiu’u looks the goods but he's years away. Bunty improved the least out of all our players last year and really doesn't seem to offer much. We were extremely light at prop before the AFB news dropped, since that time we haven't recruited any more middles.

We're so deep across most other positions but have let ourselves get into a pretty bad situation at prop. One more big body even if they are one dimensional would help balance our pack so much. Now with AFB leaving we need an alpha and a big body.

The club are doing their best to solve that next season by moving Niukore into the middle.

We don't actually know what is happening in the background around 2025 middle recruitment.

Have to keep in mind that prop is probably the hardest position to recruit for - no one lets a good prop go to market.

Just look at our own recent fails in Evans, Lodge & Murdoch-Masila. Before that it was Grandaddy Leeson trundling up field.

I think this forum is panicking over AFB going and not looking at what upsides we have, es we have him for 2024 . Zyon Maiu’u is great talent coming through, he reminds me of AFB in his style, Ale is another who has shown he can handle NRL and will only get better. Bunty is rock solid but can he play more minutes. Personally if there had been a player swap with the Sharks I would have gone for Mulitalo,

The panic is more because of his attributes. He has a rare big body that is hard to bring down. Combine that with his step at the line - it's not something many props in the NRL have. His asset as a prop even without the playing stats is impressive and irreplaceable.

The only positive to come out of his departure is that the Warriors have him for 2024.

Leo and his bro are locked in at Newy.

Haas is doubtful to leave Queensland with his family there and mum incarcerated.

Joe Tapine would be a dream come true. Wasn't his Mrs on social media complaining about him being under-appreciated by Ricky, and no one was paying for her brownies? Wait a minute... is this some secret WAGs code? Could be wrong about the biscuits. Come home Joey.
What's keeping Griffin Neame at the Cows?

agree totally with all afbs qualities, but very unwarriors like was, particularly his fellow forwards giving him the platform to excel. In 2015 a different set up will have to be created. My view is that the players are there to do that.

Back