General Warriors Preseason 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously fit as fiddle and strong. How impressive does the squad look in the group photo, young guys and all. Few things I noticed in it -Pompey looks big, TSS has shaved his head and a few lads I haven’t seen before. The young guy down in front of Halasima, also the young guy in front of Leiataua and the one in front of Kai Kara France?
a few positional changes you reckon?

if i’m a centre and RTS turns up to play centre, i think i’m pretty happy to play wherever i can land a spot.
not many are going to keep him out of the 13.

exciting year ahead man.

a few positional changes you reckon?

if i’m a centre and RTS turns up to play centre, i think i’m pretty happy to play wherever i can land a spot.
not many are going to keep him out of the 13.

exciting year ahead man.
I thought it was interesting Webster saying during the week that nobody is safe in the outside backs. When he was talking about RTS he pretty much guaranteed CNK his spot, as you would imagine being the Kiwis fullback, you’d also guarantee DWZ his spot being a dally m winger of the year. Almost feels like he’s saying centres and 1 wing spot up for grabs? Definitely exciting year ahead, but the youth and condition of many in the picture gives optimism for many exciting years ahead. Also in the group picture, Sifakula is massive.

I thought it was interesting Webster saying during the week that nobody is safe in the outside backs. When he was talking about RTS he pretty much guaranteed CNK his spot, as you would imagine being the Kiwis fullback, you’d also guarantee DWZ his spot being a dally m winger of the year. Almost feels like he’s saying centres and 1 wing spot up for grabs? Definitely exciting year ahead, but the youth and condition of many in the picture gives optimism for many exciting years ahead. Also in the group picture, Sifakula is massive.
pompey for his lack of flair was solid man. especially defensively.

i could possibly see him inside RTS on the wing to start.

i’d prefer just for the fuck it factor RTS inside ali leautua(sp?) with a long term vision of AL being the center, but then i’m not the coach now am i?
ha.

also, no one unseating young rocco. he could be anything.

pompey for his lack of flair was solid man. especially defensively.

i could possibly see him inside RTS on the wing to start.

i’d prefer just for the fuck it factor RTS inside ali leautua(sp?) with a long term vision of AL being the center, but then i’m not the coach now am i?
ha.

also, no one unseating young rocco. he could be anything.
With so many filling centre/wing, there’s so many possibilities. Those who said Pompey would make a good second rower are looking on the money too. Got that same neck meat you mentioned on Lussick. Just buzzing at the condition of them all, they look ripped.

With so many filling centre/wing, there’s so many possibilities. Those who said Pompey would make a good second rower are looking on the money too. Got that same neck meat you mentioned on Lussick. Just buzzing at the condition of them all, they look ripped.
hahahaha neck meat is the best!

i don’t see any reason pompey can’t be a fantastic second rower.
other than an absolute WTF season, i just don’t know how or where he fits after 2024.

super league would be my guess.

First thing I noticed. Sifakula makes Zyon Maiu’u look like a halfback

Obviously fit as fiddle and strong. How impressive does the squad look in the group photo, young guys and all. Few things I noticed in it -Pompey looks big, TSS has shaved his head and a few lads I haven’t seen before. The young guy down in front of Halasima, also the young guy in front of Leiataua and the one in front of Kai Kara France?
Guy in front of Leka is Luke Hanson, Siale Faemani in front of Ali. Unsure who the last bloke is

Last years pre-season there was positive statements coming out. I was a bit sceptical as well you hear that every year. But overall they were going about their work quietly. The statements were coming out occasionally either from the people you expect to hype things like the coach or CEO. Then there was comments coming from people who had a contact somewhere and would mention how positive the players were or how much they were learning.

We saw the results last year on the field.

The challenge was always to back that up. A lot of talk last year how the Cowboys had a tough pre-season but may not have put the work in last summer compared to the previous summer.

For the up coming season I have to admit there are a lot of good signs.

The coach saying last year was good but overall not good enough. The new recruits keen to be hear and turning up in shape. The squad turning up in shape.

All a good foundation to build on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back