Votes: 1 1.2%
  • F#@*!!!

Votes: 74 90.2%

• Total voters

The Falcon

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 20, 2017
Auckland
Was Chanel fast as a junior? He doesn't seem to have time to play the way he wants to and that's due to a lack of speed. Sean O'Sullivan is even worse, all the halfback skills but absolutely no speed to utilise them. It's why he struggles on defense too, he physically can't get into good enough positions to tackle effectively.
I’ve always looked at Chanel Harris-Tavita as a player who could develop into a Kieran Foran type of half, tough, running at the line and putting guys into gaps. A nice point was made earlier about why wasn’t he given more control with game management instead of O’Sullivan since the management had talked him up

Reactions: Defence and snake77

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
mate how many times do I have to say this. Gould has nothing to do with us anymore .
You will need to keep going. He does get it eventually. ;)

To be fair when Gould left there was talk of him still being available for the club to call on in a consultancy basis. That might have been more around his old job description in regards to development pathways. But he was meant to be available and the Bulldogs were meant to be ok with it.

Now he might take a few short phone calls like we hear he talks to other people in the game guys like his favourites (Johns, Fittler). Or how we hear people have conversations with Bennett. Realistically his job at the Bulldogs and media commitments likely mean he won't have time for any great contribution.

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
Pakistani umpires would have been proud of what happened in the under arm test.

That was farking disgraceful.

Actually Sunni Gavaskar, the Indian great, once said people are very critical of Indian umpires...but I think they are every bit as good as Australian
The under arm match is still a thorn in my side.
Mostly redeemed by our glorious world test championship this year.

On topic wanted to say that as crap as we played we kept making our tackles, or at least trying to. 44-0 is a pounding. But it could have been worse once we got down to 10 men.

On topic will say we finished 12th in the season. Which miraculously was where a certain poster predicted we would finish some weeks ago (insert smiley icon here)

In terms of our ability to recruit for next year, suggest that the land scape will perceived as the following

Elite teams: Usual suspects

B grade teams - Knights/Sharks/Titans/Raiders

C grade teams - Dragons/Warriors/Broncos

D grade teams - Tigers/Cowboys

E grade teams - Dogs

This was quickly compiled - no harsh critiques please.

Reactions: Wheels and bruce

CHURCUZ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2017
I don’t think he’s a half. Has no spark or zip but big body, very good defensively, can pass So maybe we try him in the centre’s?
Could be worth a look at.
The two times I saw Chanel Harris-Tavita was when he was brushed passed with a bad missed tackle for the first try I think?
And then that god awful dropped ball that lead to Campbell running 70 odd meters.

Honestly, you take out that one scorpion kick that Chanel Harris-Tavita did by accident as a junior, he never makes first grade. He’s had 40 odd games and really has done nothing. Has a lot of heart and tries hard, and it sucks, but unfortunately he offers next to nothing and needs to go
Halves 2022

Walsh & Johnson

Berry to FB (or Dallin)

Last edited:

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
On topic will say we finished 12th in the season. Which miraculously was where a certain poster predicted we would finish some weeks ago (insert smiley icon here)
Thank you :bookworm:

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Will, that was a complete and total shite fest. Bring on the end of year review.
I think that would show that game to be an aberation, and a reality check as to how tough the comp is.

If Newcastle could get to the finals the election is definitely rigged

Reactions: CHURCUZ

Wheels

Warriors Bench Player
Jun 30, 2021
Could be worth a look at.

Halves 2022

Walsh & Johnson

Berry to FB (or Dallin)
I think the solution is Walsh moving to the halves alongside Johnson. I think it will improve Walsh's and the Warriors games. Although a fan I don't know how many games Chanal has won for us and how many he will. His improvement has plateaued out immensely. We need a huge improvement in our spine if we are going to be competitive next year and challenge for the 8. I am off Jazz a little bit now as the game has gotten faster and he is best suited to the tough rugged contest. Dallin to fullback lacks the spark of Walsh but is more reliable. Whatever we can do to get Brandon smith do it!!!

Reactions: CHURCUZ

WellingtonOrca

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 14, 2012
Sean O'Sullivan is even worse, all the halfback skills but absolutely no speed to utilise them. It's why he struggles on defense too, he physically can't get into good enough positions to tackle effectively.

Don't know why people keep geting stuck on the narrative that Sean O'Sullivan has a top tier footy brain just because he said he watches all the games. The guy is clueless out there on the field, no coordination with the players around him and constantly doing things like putting on early kicks for no one which he did twice this game. That's not just down to a lack of speed.

Reactions: Akkerz and CHURCUZ

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
I hope the NRL really reflect on the reasons why this game blew up and the Warriors management push for explanations.

In the last 6 games since we have been pushing for finals, we have only won the penalty count once and the possession stats once. Plus had 6 players put in the bin (to 1), 12 on report and multiple suspensions. We all know the 2 whole games where we got no 6 agains at all while the opposition got plenty. An undisciplined team should be reflected in a excessive error count but the stats highlight that this is not the case as these were basically even across the last 6 games. It appears we were just dealt with harshly when the ref influence was involved. The ‘didn’t care’ performance yesterday was the product of a team that knows it’s been shafted. The try disallowed because of a forward pass that wasn’t just another example…

The fight was set up when Wallace laid down rubbing his chin after the Lodge tackle. Just looking at it again and there was absolutely nothing in it. Penalty minimum, if that. Yet Lodge gets put on report. This is after last week where the Raiders milked their way to victory and 3 of our players ended up on report (including Lodge who only on appeal got off).

When players can milk a player onto report and the match review committee is trying to charge a milked penalty (like with the Raider/ Lodge last week) then the games in trouble. This is guys careers and livelihoods on the line and refs are shafting teams (confirmed by stats) and reffing on reputation.

Unprofessional rule interpretations got its outcome in a unprofessional and frustrated display from our players. Reflect on this NRL…

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Reading this tweet, I'm of the opinion he's lost the dressing room. He really needed to stand up for his players here.
I think we have to wait for the first player to get slapped before we'd really know if he's lost the dressing room or not.

pleatedpantspete

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 9, 2012
Reading this tweet, I'm of the opinion he's lost the dressing room. He really needed to stand up for his players here.
He’s got history, seems like déjà vu for brown

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
Was just reading an article that since Nick Politis made a comment a while ago that the roosters are the most penalised team in the last 10 years, they noticed a drop in penalties against the roosters, also after Robinson had a shot at the refs last week, they won the penalty count 8-3 against the broncos. I also noticed that when Lodge came back on yesterday, Klein started calling it more even, as if he was concerned his calls would cause further drama. That’s two weeks in a row Klein has lost control of a game, funnily enough the roosters were feeling like they weren’t getting a fair run last week after minimal set restarts etc. The bunker took the fall last week, but the theme of the two games is Klein.

Reactions: leaguejunkie

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
Tbh while i have question marks over alot of what he does and if he's even the right person giving his guys a serve here actually raises his stock in my books........we've seen a tonne of excuses for poor performance especially on this forum....glad at least the coach is keeping it real.

Apart from this last game and the blowout against the Storm, maybe 1 or 2 others by and large we've been up for the fight for the majority of games, hence the amount of close losses we've had

......once again there's plenty i think Brownie's deficient in but i dont think you get that if youve lost the dressing room..

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings