Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • C

Votes: 23 52.3%
  • F-

Votes: 17 38.6%

• Total voters
I can count on one hand the amount of times we've won the yardage battle this year, I don't see any spine doing well with the forwards getting dominated each and every week.

I'm hoping against hope that with Tohu Harris, AFB, Curran, Barnett, Niukore and what is hopefully the emergence of a gun interchange prop in Ale that we have a bigger forward pack who doesn't get bullied, with enough off loading ability to create a bit of havoc next year.

I've had this thought for a while now regarding Curran, is it possible that the 1 positive from Nathan brown was getting the best out of Curran?
Sidenote- I thought lussick played well.
Lussick did play very well, and Curran isn't the dominant player he was.
My hat off to Stacey for taking this basket case on, it is far beyond a poison chalice and fans acknowledge the enormity of taking over a loosing team and culture.
Two players who are leaving scored for us. I suspect Stacey will put the best team on the field next week.
Thank God our season is nearly over.

I can count on one hand the amount of times we've won the yardage battle this year, I don't see any spine doing well with the forwards getting dominated each and every week.
Look at last night, we rolled up the field and got into their quarter, Shaun did his usual dummy pass back to a forward play he does time after time, he has got no flair to his game anymore, his opposite completely outplayed him again, yes I agree behind a dominant pack but: I think we give SJ one more chance next year, he Is not a 7, he is a 6.

The only reason I watched the second half was to watch tom ale in detail
Ran for over 100 metres and outplayed bunty
He will not be an elite prop but looks like he will be an nrl standard one and a decent nrl ready asset
Good Bench prop and probably the discovery of him is one of the plus points from this bleak season
I think Ale could end up being elite. He’s still only a few games in and back from long term injury. If he keeps this upward trajectory he could be elite in a couple of years

couple of minor notes

- CHT was mainly very good, shame he's not going be around next year, he's come through adversity and matured a bit as a player this season. You'd hope we'd be first in line if he returns for 2024

- Kosi is impressively fast, on a couple of those breaks looked like the rest of field was sliding out behind him, didn't look like he should be going that quickly being as big as he is - unlucky bounce for that almost kick assist too

- big hope for Ale (and Vailea, who was quiet) starting to be justified

Honestly with the lack of continuity in the team selections due to injury is it any wonder these blokes don't know how to defend with each other?
It has seemed like for the last few years when we have been trying to get our season going someone would get injured each game. We might need to review our rehabilitation and some of our training. Or hopefully our luck will change.

The other key part heading into next year. Any positions we have options or players that could slot in various places and change the dynamic. We need to get those selections right and stick to them. This year it looked like we could of spent the first few weeks cycling through CHT, Nikorima and Taylor to partner Johnson. Or Nikorima at dummy half. We need to find the right combinations and stick to them.

Eli Katoa now has 10 career tries. He managed just 1 from 27 games coached by Nathan Brown & has a record of 9 tries from 18 matches when not playing under him. So much for Brownie being a great development coach...
He could end up a huge missed opportunity for the club.

His recent form kind of justifies moving him on with his errors. But it is also part of coaching to fix those mistakes when they creep into a players game.

He also seems like a player who has been getting mixed messages on what is wanted of him. We know that won't happen under Bellamy.

If him leaving opens up a slot for us to recruit someone else that strengthens the squad or balances out the depth it might be worth it. I still think he could of added something next year even with the new guys coming in. It would of required giving him a defined role either out wide or in the middle.

It has seemed like for the last few years when we have been trying to get our season going someone would get injured each game. We might need to review our rehabilitation and some of our training. Or hopefully our luck will change.

The other key part heading into next year. Any positions we have options or players that could slot in various places and change the dynamic. We need to get those selections right and stick to them. This year it looked like we could of spent the first few weeks cycling through CHT, Nikorima and Taylor to partner Johnson. Or Nikorima at dummy half. We need to find the right combinations and stick to them.
What was deemed a position of strength I.e. our forwards has proved to be a weakness, even when Lodge was at the club.

When I look at other clubs who dominate their forward packs are different athletic ability to the Warriors. This has to be down to conditioning of the players.

Work needs to be done on mental toughness as well.

My daughter who is 11 and a squad swimmer trains 5 times a week with 1.5 hours sessions, plus 1 out of the pool boot camp for strength and agility

She is far more resilient then some of the current Warrior players who give in too easily
She is pushed by the Seniors swimmers one was at the recent commonwealth games and WC and won Medals, 9 others are swimming at the Australian Championships. The seniors squad only has 38 swimmers.

Each swim session She swims 1.5km of intensity and loves it but she is mentally tough....

Last edited:
Panthers are a very good side even without Cleary so the result was no surprise. They know their game inside and out and just keep rolling on.

That being said, our defensive line speed is awful and gave the Panthers an easy march downfield and when they got up our end to shift the ball. It’s been like that for a number of years and we really need to be putting teams under a bit of pressure.

Offence was clunky but lot of injuries and different combos. Continuity should improve that. Hoping for a good performance against the Titans to finish the season.

What was deemed a position of strength I.e. our forwards has proved to be a weakness, even when Lodge was at the club.

When I look at other clubs who dominate their forward packs are different athletic ability to the Warriors. This has to be done to conditioning of the players.

Work needs to be done on mental toughness as well.

My daughter who is 11 and a squad swimmer trains 5 times a week with 1.5 hours sessions, plus 1 out of the pool boot camp for strength and agility

She is far more resilient then some of the current Warrior players who give in too easily
She is pushed by the Seniors swimmers one was at the recent commonwealth games and WC and won Medals, 9 others are swimming at the Australian Championships. The seniors squad only has 38 swimmers.

Each swim session She swims 1.5km of intensity and loves it but she is mentally tough....
Thank you Tim for this heart warming post
The people on this site feel like a whanau to me
I had a very difficult week at work last week and turned to a glass of wine just now to settle down from the stress
I really appreciate your post of a positive story and it put me in a good mood