15 B.Afoa C.Nicoll-Klokstad 14
16 E.Katoa E.Guler 15
17 J.Tevaga C.Horsburgh 16
20 R.Berry S.Havili 17
21 K.Evans D.Lui 19

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Aha! I found a rugby league thread!! Squished down by corruption in the NSW police force, Joe Biden Coronavirus, NZ Politics, Covid Poll, Is this the twilight of democracy, music discussion, Burnt toast images in the shape of famous WWII conscientious objectors etc...but I found it!!

The BroncosHQ supporters that pop in to look at their banner must be hella confused!

These look pretty evenly matched on paper. It feels as if the Raiders window is closing. Could be a few years of mediocrity for them again now, which is a shame. The Brit strategy seemed a good one.

The short turnaround is brutal.

...and for 30 seconds a league thread heads to the top of the feed.
"Covid, covid, covid".

Donald Trump.

Raiders have some heavy boys, it will be a good measuring stick if the Lodge Addin Fonua-Blake combo own them.

Like others, surprised to see Curran in there.

Has anyone heard what hamstring code the Warriors are using to explain CHTs absence?

Might have to start a Warriors conspiracy thread.....just to keep league up top and keep the whackos happy.

• Haha
Reactions: john nick

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
I see horsborough is back from the dogs to play us
Like that Timoko dude at centre
Like that cut of his jib
I would make him an acquisition target if he were off contract next year

Last edited:
Reactions: The Falcon

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
In order of shitness here are who I regard as the culprits for our naff season when we had the cattle to be top 8

1 Ed kosi. Not his last game where he did a 180 in improvement but was ghastly in his first few efforts and leaked tries left right and centre
2 kodi when playing half. In some matches he handed the victory to the opposition. He became an asset once switched to the 14 jersey but the season had sailed by the time we figured out his shitness
3 chad Townsend. Now wait while I explain. His decision to go for a field goal when you by 8 was the exact opposite behaviour of why we brought him here as an experienced helmsmen. We win that game and we would be on track for the 8 right now. He also should not have been started against south’s and must have given up a million line breaks as his srm
Was busted and he couldn’t tackle. Not his fault he was injured but his actual play for the team given his tackling display that day and his shit drop kick gets him placed at number 3 on this list.
4 cht. He has played well recently. But as soon as he returned from his first injury mid season we stopped our winning and went on a losing skid. In one match he had a drop kick to win it from ten metres in front of the posts and somehow missed. He makes that kick we are headed for the eight right now and the victory would have given us momentum.

honourable mentions
Sean O’Sullivan for single handedly losing the game against the knights by not passing the ball and dieing with the ball on the 6th tackle nearly every set

jazz for the latest and most cynical hit I have seen in a long time leading to his sin bin and loss of game. This did lead to him being dropped and him waking up his discipline.
Kane Evans. Had a mare with discipline in his last match after being baited by chambers

Star player lists who were ultra consistent

1 Montoya
2 Pompey. Despite the press he got on this web site for lack of flair he was reliable.
3 Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
4 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
5 Addin Fonua-Blake
6 Curran
7 Tohu Harris harris

all the other players had ups and downs and were ok. Reece Walsh in the ups and downs list and will want to be more consistent next year.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2021
In order of shitness here are who I regard as the culprits for our naff season when we had the cattle to be top 8

1 Ed kosi. Not his last game where he did a 180 in improvement but was ghastly in his first few efforts and leaked tries left right and centre
2 kodi when playing half. In some matches he handed the victory to the opposition. He became an asset once switched to the 14 jersey but the season had sailed by the time we figured out his shitness
3 chad Townsend. Now wait while I explain. His decision to go for a field goal when you by 8 was the exact opposite behaviour of why we brought him here as an experienced helmsmen. We win that game and we would be on track for the 8 right now. He also should not have been started against south’s and must have given up a million line breaks as his srm
Was busted and he couldn’t tackle. Not his fault he was injured but his actual play for the team given his tackling display that day and his shit drop kick gets him placed at number 3 on this list.
4 cht. He has played well recently. But as soon as he returned from his first injury mid season we stopped our winning and went on a losing skid. In one match he had a drop kick to win it from ten metres in front of the posts and somehow missed. He makes that kick we are headed for the eight right now and the victory would have given us momentum.

honourable mentions
Sean O’Sullivan for single handedly losing the game against the knights by not passing the ball and dieing with the ball on the 6th tackle nearly every set

jazz for the latest and most cynical hit I have seen in a long time leading to his sin bin and loss of game. This did lead to him being dropped and him waking up his discipline.
Kane Evans. Had a mare with discipline in his last match after being baited by chambers

1 Montoya
2 Pompey. Despite the press he got on this web site for lack of flair he was reliable.
4 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
5 Addin Fonua-Blake
6 Curran
7 Tohu Harris harris

all the other players had ups and downs and were ok. Reece Walsh in the ups and downs list and will want to be more consistent next year.
Aitken has been consistency good.

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
Reactions: wizards rage

Wheels

Warriors Bench Player
Jun 30, 2021

honourable mentions

1 Montoya
4 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
5 Addin Fonua-Blake
6 Curran
7 Tohu Harris harris

I agree with the star player list. Montoya definitely impressed and looked really safe against brisbane. Pompey has had some good games but needs some killer instinct. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak great risk to his own health. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is Roger Tuivasa-Sheck but left at the most important time of the year so what was the point. Addin Fonua-Blake great just needs some support. Curran fantastic gutsy player. Tohu Harris a good season by his high standards. Kodi was defintely shitty and frustrating when he didn't run or challenge the opposition line.

Reactions: Inruin

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
So who would be our player of the year? This is my order but not clear:

Montoya - played the entire year to a very high standard
Addin Fonua-Blake - elite output but missed a chunk of the season.
Aitken - injured early but finished strong. Quiet consistent achiever without being a game changer.
Harris - great without being exceptional. Out for a significant part of the season as well.
Curran - high peak but up and down early in the season

Has Montoya been our player of the year or has Addin Fonua-Blake done enough over the season? Or has Aitken done enough?

Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
Feb 3, 2014
Auckland

honourable mentions

1 Montoya
4 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
5 Addin Fonua-Blake
6 Curran
7 Tohu Harris harris

Where does NB fit into the culprit list

Some of his team selections particularly through the middle of the season were decidely awful

Mar 5, 2021
You are right
Had the feeling I missed a few guys off the consistently good list. Who else did I miss?
Egan maybe? Probably he should be on that list too. He was consistent
Egan has played close to his best - it just we are crying out for a Brandon Smith, Api or Cook type dummy half. If we can't convince Smith then we are hard pushed to get an elite dummy half (Maybe Hodgson).

Walsh - Been consistently good. His defensive lapses will happen until he matures physically and a little bit more understanding of the FB role

Inruin

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
Revised consistent list

1 Montoya
2 Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
3 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
4 Tohu Harris Harris
5 Addin Fonua-Blake
6 Curran
7 aitken
8 Egan
9 Pompey
10 lodge ( in his few games )

Excluding Roger Tuivasa-Sheck that is 9 guys to build on
And in terms of guys who weren’t consistent the whole year but finished well can add

1 Jazz
2 Sean O'Sullivan
3 Katoa
4 Bunty
5 cht

So plenty to work with
Montoya definately.
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak - good for a dropped ball trying to hit it up like he is a forward and losing it. Had good patches but not consistent enough for me just yet. Still much better than what we had there though.
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck - Meh he is gone
Tohu Harris - ultra consistent - prefer him as an edge forward though
Addin Fonua-Blake and Lodge I think are the two forwards we have been crying out for. Big motors and big players
Curran and Aitken are really starting to come in to their own after perahps slow starts to their Warriors careers
Egan is good IMO. I know plenty dont like him but if we can get him only playing 60 minutes a game with maybe Jazz or Kodi resting him that would be the best for the team
Pompey is a donkey. But he is consistent at being one.

Bunty and Katoa - really good impact players which is what you want from the bench

And Walsh - so much expected of this kid I have been impressed he has been able to deliver as much as he has. I hope we don't ruin him and he continues to develop

Overall there has been a big improvement in our squad over a short space of time - by that I mean we have recruited very well and let mostly the right ones go.

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Feb 24, 2013
It goes to show what an injury disrupted season we’ve had that I don’t have a clue who will win player of the year for us.

Tohu Harris would have won it without his injury. Walsh, Aitken and Addin Fonua-Blake all have claims although the last two have missed games with injury as well.

For sure. So many players have had half a good season, which shows why we are where we are.

Addin Fonua-Blake, Curran, Harris or Montoya for me.

I absolutely decried Montoya's signing, but what a champ he has been. Curran has surprised everyone too.

Harris had some uncharacteristically poor games this year.

I am in awe of Lodge when he is on the field too. Such a good player.

Good half seasons from Jazz, Katoa, Afoa, Ben Murdoch-Masila, Aitken, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck.

Dallin Watene-Zelezniak has been good (apart from his last game), and Walsh has obviously been a star for the most part.

Last edited:

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings