• B

• C

• F-

Results are only viewable after voting.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
They were both off too long, if they need a spell take one off at say 30 mins back on at 45 and the other off at 35mins back on 50 mins. Then give the likes of Bunty and BMM the instructions to go apeshit for 10 mins either side of halftime for impact
I hear a lot of people saying they were off to long. It was a hot night, 23 degrees I think. You could see the sweat on everyone. I think we expect them to do everything, every week. Still 170+ meters each. Those two can’t do everything!

The Raiders are huge units. I think the heat and fatigue tackling their big men allowed them to roll over us in the second half. That why losing the penalty / 6 again count and doing 60 extra tackles - 10 extra sets (despite a lower error count), was such a nail in the coffin.

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
Berry will be better next year with another pre season under him. I don't think he's too small, probably needs to put on a bit of muscle to handle the contact in first grade.
Exactly.

And people arent even fully developed at 20yo.

But thats why Im waiting to give him another season after this years introduction, before judging him.

We do still have money in the salary cap, some of which is needed for Growth eg Walsh. But I think Aitken is better in the centres than pretending to be a small lock..

Personally I think we should have been chasing a fast as flap outside back. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak gives it all though. I find him exciting. When we let Ken go, I felt like Dallin Watene-Zelezniak was too similar, but it comes back to that word intensity. The difference is night and day simply because of that one attribute and hes consistently that way.

We really have no exscuses with next years starting team, easily a top 4 team on paper, and our 30 man squad has some better than the nromal Warriors replacements.

If I was Brownie, my message would be simple for next year. Id just point out that had we won the 10 close games we lost, we would have been ~top 4. We need to improve on closing out games and our final 10 minute fitness. No more clocking off with a big half time lead either.

Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
Feb 3, 2014
Auckland
If I was Brownie, my message would be simple for next year. Id just point out that had we won the 10 close games we lost, we would have been ~top 4. We need to improve on closing out games and our final 10 minute fitness. No more clocking off with a big half time lead either.
This logic is illogical.

Where would we have finished if the other teams won the close games they lost??

Reactions: BeastMode

The Falcon

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 20, 2017
Auckland
I’m in so deep with this team I’m forever a glass half full guy.
Effectively this year was a new team with the variety of new and mid season recruits. We have had so many young guys get a run this year for the first time in first grade, all of who live inside a hotel room and not a house/ flat.
injuries have not been kind to us.
Our backline this season were effectively 18 - 22 year olds who will all be better for this seasons experience and our forwards are all 22-26 - young guys about to come into their best years.
Our game management was lacking due to inexperienced players in key positions which might have changed the results in a couple of close games and the recruitment of Johnson will go someway to change this.
Next season we will have some new recruits, Pene already confirmed and I expect another couple to compliment the squad.
For the coaching staff - it will be interesting if another voice is added. However upping defensive speed and intensity will be top of this list, halves creating some more space for our back rowers to run better lines.
This seasons comp has effectively been the top 4 sides in a world of their own and a close fought secondary comp where any team can beat each other ( bar Dogs)
There is more to be excited about with this team than not and good times are on the horizon. 🤩🤞🏾🚀

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015

Top 4?

And should we ignore the fact that 6 of our 8 wins this season was by 6 pts or less???

Our largest win was 13 pts against the GC in rd 1 and then 12 pts against the dogs a few weeks back???

We could just as easily be sitting in the bottom 2 spots than top 4…..

half empty or half full….

Toookey

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2021
Top 4?

And should we ignore the fact that 6 of our 8 wins this season was by 6 pts or less???

Our largest win was 13 pts against the GC in rd 1 and then 12 pts against the dogs a few weeks back???

We could just as easily be sitting in the bottom 2 spots than top 4…..

half empty or half full….
Yeah but if you’re going to be fair - most of the games we won (probably bar the Raiders one) we were on top and should have won them. We just end up shooting our selves in the foot.

Same as the close ones we lost - most of them we were up at some point of those games, and several of them we should have won, but found a way to lose. The Dragons, Cowboys, one of the Knights and one of the Manly games we SHOULD have won, but we capitulated. Not that it counts for much, but we were the better team on the day and should have won. Same as most of the close ones we actually won.

So, with that in mind I agree that if we get a little lucky with injuries next year, a better half in Shaun Johnson, and more experience for this crazy young team, we should be icing more of the games that we are the better team in.

I still think we have a long way to go, but I think next year we’re a team that sits between 6-10 depending on how a few things go

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
The Raiders are huge units. I think the heat and fatigue tackling their big men allowed them to roll over us in the second half.
We had the advantage in tackles and yardage in the first half. That dropped off considerably in the second half. There were many factors, ref included.

Tragic

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 27, 2016
Kumeu
We had the advantage in tackles and yardage in the first half. That dropped off considerably in the second half. There were many factors, ref included.
It looked to me like they were winning that battle in the first half too until they made a bunch of poor mistakes at the wrong end of the field and tapine got his injury. Be interested in tapine + papalii vs our alphas, seemed to me they beat us hands down but the stats might say otherwise. Tapine was best prop on the field from what I saw despite the injury.

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
Lodge should accept his ban if it an additional game for challenging
Seems the bar for overturning a charge is very high.
By the way the whole judiciary with lawyers is dumb
Cricket just have fines and suspensions and there is no disputing Avenue if I recall correctly

the script of the Dallin Watene-Zelezniak trial was a pantomime and doesn’t position the nrl as a competent organisation.
ie lawyers arguing whether dallin kneed the opponent in the head on purpose and getting into the details of how he stood up to play the ball is humorous at best and a lampoon conversation at worst.
Ditch the judiciary
Ditch carry over points doubling your ban
Ditch the ability to challenge the result

by the way ditching the challenge will lead to more lenient and less excessive sentences because right now they console themselves the player can challenge it if they don’t like it

Reactions: bruce

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 9, 2016
Lodge should accept his ban if it an additional game for challenging
Seems the bar for overturning a charge is very high.
By the way the whole judiciary with lawyers is dumb
Cricket just have fines and suspensions and there is no disputing Avenue if I recall correctly

the script of the Dallin Watene-Zelezniak trial was a pantomime and doesn’t position the nrl as a competent organisation.
ie lawyers arguing whether dallin kneed the opponent in the head on purpose and getting into the details of how he stood up to play the ball is humorous at best and a lampoon conversation at worst.
Ditch the judiciary
Ditch carry over points doubling your ban
Ditch the ability to challenge the result

by the way ditching the challenge will lead to more lenient and less excessive sentences because right now they console themselves the player can challenge it if they don’t like it

the whole thing is so fucked. NRL in general for such a brutal sport has more bureaucratic layers and bullshit than any other sport.

If no one is injured and it wasn’t intentional then surely penalty suffices, play on! Why keep suspending your best players???

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
the whole thing is so fucked. NRL in general for such a brutal sport has more bureaucratic layers and bullshit than any other sport.

If no one is injured and it wasn’t intentional then surely penalty suffices, play on! Why keep suspending your best players???
Hard out
It’s a pantomime
Hard front rowers like jack hetherington and jarred warea Hargreaves two or three times per season have to put on a $2000 Hugo Boss suit and discuss tactics with their lawyer and then get into a battle of wits when cross examined by the nrl lawyer.
“Do I look good in my suit honey?”
“Yes Jarred. Good luck tonight you will do great just follow the advice of your lawyer and you should be able to get a reduction for this crusher tackle”
“Aledged crusher tackle honey”
“You see. There you go Jarred you are a natural at this law stuff. You will do great tonight at the judiciary trial. Good luck honeykins”

I mean it is a pantomime. It is dumb.

Reactions: bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
the whole thing is so fucked.
Of course it is.
The game we love is actually injurious to health, and always has been.
I am glad my son did not play the game.
The woke people will win in the end.

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 9, 2016
Of course it is.

so just let the good times roll until they end. Better than a slow death.

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
Of course it is.
I don’t know why I agree with you so often
You are right Bruce
They are chipping away at the game banning one type of tackle after another
And speeding the game up so that eventually the best forwards will be victor radley cam Murray type forwards instead of Payne haas and tapau
It is insidious
I am going to run the risk of a real crack across the knuckles from the pc brigade but the nrl is also encouraging kissing after tries are scored.
I can’t watch try celebrations as it kissing happens frequently. Not with the warriors but with the Sydney teams. And that is being encouraged by head office as part of the pc movement. I
Ok please don’t ban me. I am 50 year old from the 1970s
think of me as a relic

edit if it helps don’t want to watch the women nrl players kiss after each try they score either
Kissing shouldn’t be a part of sports

Last edited:
Reactions: Big_Fattz

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
Apr 18, 2012
Dunedin, NZ
I am going to run the risk of a real crack across the knuckles from the pc brigade but the nrl is also encouraging kissing after tries are scored.
I can’t watch try celebrations as it kissing happens frequently. Not with the warriors but with the Sydney teams. And that is being encouraged by head office as part of the pc movement.
Haha, are you sure you're watching the right channel? I haven't noticed any kissing.

Reactions: Kestrel84

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
Want to have my say about the coach after watching him all season

we should let him play out his contract for 3 years or whatever then move on
Nathan brown over trusts youth players
Berry should not have played this match ahead of Pompey
Vailea was selected ahead of Pompey
Kosi got lots of runs when he wasn’t ready
The most important example though is Reece Walsh. Playing him at fullback at 19 is a daring and edgey move by the coach but the right one.
But wait
1) he is our fullback for 80 minutes each game
2) the coach asked him to take the kickoffs from half way
3) the coach asked him to take the touch finders from penalties
4) the coach asked him to take the goal line drop outs
5) the Coach asked him to do the goal kicking
6) the coach asked him to take the game winning drop goal attempts on behalf of the team in the last 5 minutes of the game
all in his first year
He was also put into a situation where the score was 16 to 18 with 30 seconds left against Brisbane and asked to tie the game with a conversion with the season resting on the kick

all in his first year at 19

Nathan Brown is dumb for doing those things in my view and we will not win a premiership with him. But we will build a roster
Don’t hold high hopes until he is gone is my conclusion after thinking about his performance over the whole season

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings