• A

• B

• C

• F-

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
I think NB has been giving young players a go when he can hence Berry got a crack
I hear you
From that perspective though if it was about giving youth a run in an nothing match then berry should have replaced hiku since hiku won’t be here next year
Certainly and absolutely a spot shouldn’t be wasted on hiku next week

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
13 of our 17 tonight were bought up under Aussie systems.......just sayin.
Yep I know. But we do need more like 20/30 aussie bred all the same.

But my point was really more that we need some structure, which is what SK provided, if only he had thought Forwards were not the be all and end all :)

IMO Walsh is not a FB and doesnt have the defensive instincts to be a good FB. Conversely he is heavily offensively weighted, personally I think that skill set should be used as often as possible, so hands on the ball, I think its obvious he came from a HB. We should have gone for a FB more evenly weighted, and used Walsh in the halves, Walsh outside Shaun Johnson. Hynes was the perfect option, injecting another quality Aus bred back. I still don't know what the point of announcing Papali'i was the next gun forward, playing him at 18yo, instead of developing him (which is another missing component in the Warriors club) and having faith in that natural talent maturing into quality, we instead let him go and paid shed loads for a forward who is quality, but wasnt necessary. Who is coaching one on one our young players when they enter 1st grade? Of course sending our young'ns to be coached in Aus and buying them back at overs seems to be the working option for this club at the moment, but its not how part of a club culture should work imo.

Im not going to say, told ya so, when 2 years from now we still havn't made the 8 and Brownie is still being sold by the Warriors as an amazing rebuilding coach, not sure how they figure. I just have faith in the latest owners stating people will be let go throughout the club if they are not producing results. Of course by then we wont have Walsh (will go back to Broncos 2023 imo. who could blame him), Shaun Johnson will likely retire with the hammies and ankles having been warn out ovet the years, our roster and spine will be in tatters and we will need this thing called a "rebuilding" coach. ;-p

However, if Im wrong, we have as much talent in next years roster as the current top 3, so Im just hoping the rebuilding is done, the club some how manages to retain Walsh (more money and the loyalty card) because this roster could be a legacy team with the right coach, hopefully the gamble on Brownie pays off, because there is no blaming the talent in the team.

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Feb 24, 2013
"Berry is too small." I'm not sure where this new narrative that has emerged a few times on here has come from? It would be nice if it was cut off at the knees before it became another of those Warrior forum myths that gets bandied about.

He is comparable to our other backs with a build that will comfortably gain bulk as he develops. He is taller than most of the back line and bigger than the lightweight Bayley Sironen or 2nd rower Euan Aitken. He has a great build for a centre.

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
What I do really like from this years team is we have players with no fear to try to attack the defense.

Curran dropped a few, but he was successful on 1 and the week prior got another 1 and 2 assists. Keep him on the edge all day.

Just put Walsh in at 6 and somehow buy Hynes like the blimmin should of like I hoped as it was obvious early on this season he was shopping. Walsh clearly grew up playing HB, he will never be a defensive player like Roger Tuivasa-Sheck. But wow is he dynamic when he gets the ball.

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
"Berry is too small." I'm not sure where this new narrative that has emerged a few times on here has come from? It would be nice if it was cut off at the knees before it became another of those Warrior forum myths that gets bandied about.

He is comparable to our other backs with a build that will comfortably gain bulk as he develops. He is taller than most of the back line and bigger than the lightweight Bayley Sironen or 2nd rower Euan Aitken. He has a great build for a centre.
If I recall correctly
Which I may not as catatonia was setting in towards the end
Rapana stiff armed two of our dudes one was sironen the other 10 minutes later was berry

Reactions: bruce

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Thanks for posting that. I'm struggling to see anything wrong with that besides someone getting injured. It's not like he dove at the legs for a cannon ball.

To me he went for the initial tackle and held on and completed the effort.

If the Raiders player wasn't hurt there would of been no second look of that. The player getting injured was just one of those things when you make contact and have 2-3 tacklers.

Canadian_WarriorFan

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 13, 2013
Thanks for posting that. I'm struggling to see anything wrong with that besides someone getting injured. It's not like he dove at the legs for a cannon ball.

To me he went for the initial tackle and held on and completed the effort.

If the Raiders player wasn't hurt there would of been no second look of that. The player getting injured was just one of those things when you make contact and have 2-3 tacklers.
Maybe a hip drop? That's the only thing I can think of.

Reactions: wizards rage

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland

Berry will be better next year with another pre season under him. I don't think he's too small, probably needs to put on a bit of muscle to handle the contact in first grade.

Need to balance it as we don't want bulky guys like we have had previously. Berry seems light on his feet with a traditional centres build. If he's more comfortable on the right he should get more opportunities next year with Johnson likely down that side. An off season getting his body more developed along with drilling running lines to get through holes.

Valiea is another one who will benefit from another NRL pre season.

Think there is a lot of promise in both of them

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
Has anyone yet figured the logic in benching both Addin Fonua-Blake and Matt Lodge at the same time? I know I've bought this up previously - kind of a hobby horse for me since Cleary mentioned something about not having Rapira and Matulino on at the same time years ago - but have never seen an explanation for it. Surely you have 1 of your 2 Alpha Forwards - Fonua-Blake and Lodge in the Warriors' case - on field for the full 80m?!

Reactions: Defence and Tragic

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Has anyone yet figured the logic in benching both Addin Fonua-Blake and Matt Lodge at the same time? I know I've bought this up previously - kind of a hobby horse for me since Cleary mentioned something about not having Rapira and Matulino on at the same time years ago - but have never seen an explanation for it. Surely you have 1 of your 2 Alpha Forwards - Fonua-Blake and Lodge in the Warriors' case - on field for the full 80m?!
They were both off too long, if they need a spell take one off at say 30 mins back on at 45 and the other off at 35mins back on 50 mins. Then give the likes of Bunty and BMM the instructions to go apeshit for 10 mins either side of halftime for impact

Swanny

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 18, 2017
Missed the 2nd half due to falling asleep infront of the box so like BM's son it was a surprise to see the score when I came to.

Just watched the tape and that was pretty ugly. Chads departure was the beginning and the number of other players having difficulty with injuries was telling. Curren and Egan were big losses. 5 day turnarounds certainly don't help on that front either.

However, there was some dumb shit on the paddock and in the coaches box. As mentioned on here often, it beggars belief how the coaching staff haven't come up with a way to utilise our Alpha props better than having them both off at the same time.
We missed Jazz, his energy at the sharp end would probably have made a difference.

On a positive note, good to see Sean O'Sullivan getting a meat pie for backing up. Lesson there again and Egan can run, just needs to do it more (when he's fit)

And Montoya has to be player of the year for us and definitely worth every penny he gets
Why is the drop off to our bench props so great though? You can only hope that Pene provides some quality next season and someone else puts their hand up

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
Rapana stiff armed two of our dudes one was sironen the other 10 minutes later was berry
To be fair Jordan is one of the strongest outside backs in the game, he also plays consistently every game with so much intensity it is like he swallowed 10 red bulls prior. He is exactly the type of player the Warriors need, but Aitken is one of the strongest backs going around and lot quicker than he seems given some broken field play to run.

I do think though that Rocco needs to mature defensively. He is only 20yo, fresh to NRL first grade, all younger players are caught out defensively with the step up required in first grade.

Im not 100% convinced myself yet about him however.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings