General Round 23 vs Raiders MOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

tookeytookey_old

As far as I'm concerned Vatuvi, Luaiki and Ropati were the stand out players. Each of them had a superb game, particulary Vatuvi and Luaiki. I was impressed with the fact that they did not partake in errors and that they produced a game of excelence.

Ropati passed one straight across to Lauaki, stumbled, dropped it, Canberra gained possession and had the run of play for the rest of the first half. Even when he got clear a couple of times, you could see Hame was concerned about his grip on the ball and almost stopped/started to ensure he kept possession. If he can get his hands right, he'll be a top player.

Jesbass_old

Missed tackle counts don't tell you the story Jesbass. I can tell you, watching the game at Canberra that Jerome Ropati was defending that close to his inside defender they could have done the ring a ring a posy together. Missed tackles don't include when you show too much room and they take it, in fact, more often than not the winger is credited with the miss as he desperately tries to get back out after covering for his wayward centre, and misses the tackle.

Abysmal is spot on.

Granted that stats don't show where the line breaks are, but I'd suggest that Witt's four missed tackles probably had an influence on Ropati moving inside.

MarkW_old

3. Vaarrtuuuuveeeeyye
2. Ropo
1. Byrne - Gotta give the guy credit for plugging that hole at fullback. I hope he gets a wing spot ahead of Crockett this week.

IanS_old

3: Vatuvei. Has been in irresistible form since that night at Parra.
2: Lauaki. Dangerous with the ball in hand.
1: Witt. 4 invariably becomes 6 with Witt in the team.

sebastian_old

3 - Manu V - A game he easily could've fell apart in but he kept his cool.
2 - Hame - Turning into our most dangerous backrower, if not already.
1 - Price - For being Price.

Status
Not open for further replies.