General Round 23 vs Raiders MOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

EnterFien_old

A loss that may come back to bite us in the butt and miss out on a home semi-final.

3. Ropati - was a solid link on the side of the field that let in 3 soft tries.
2. Lauaki - Did nothing wrong
1. Witt - Another Sound game.

Jesbass_old

3 - Vatuvei. Unleash the beast!
2 - Lauaki. Another outstanding performance.
1 - Ropati. Shone well on attack with Crockett, shone well on defense by himself.

Joe 90_old

Lot of work done without anyone really shining (apart from Manu)

3. Manu - Great all round game. Excellent in the air tonight.

2. Epalahame - wasn't devastating by any stretch, but he upped his workload which was pleasing.

3. Wiki - still not on the field long enough for my liking, but when he was he straightened the attack and provided some direction.

raypower_old

3 - Vatuvei - Did he make a mistake last night?
2 - JRo - Can't wait to see how dangerous he'll be with Tate in the squad
1 - Hame - His try looked like it came out of an NFL highlights reel.

Jesbass_old

3 - Vatuvei - Did he make a mistake last night?
2 - JRo - Can't wait to see how dangerous he'll be with Tate in the squad
1 - Hame - His try looked like it came out of an NFL highlights reel.

No errors and no penalties conceded. :)

Kav_old

Is it just coincidence that Steve Price gets only one vote (and only runner up) this week when the team loses? It appears we are relying too much on him to produce man of the match performances each week. Time for Sam and Evarn to step up to take the pressure off the captain?

Kav

Jesbass_old

Is it just coincidence that Steve Price gets only one vote (and only runner up) this week when the team loses? It appears we are relying too much on him to produce man of the match performances each week. Time for Sam and Evarn to step up to take the pressure off the captain?

Kav

Perhaps, but I'm not convinced. I do think we expect a lot of the guy, and to see he got 150m in a game where he struggled to make headway just shows how incredible the man is.

blain91_old

rapira doesnt get the ball enough, he made about 60 metres. he should be getting at least 100. i think he's not getting alot of game time, and needs to go searching a bit more.

tookeytookey_old

3 Manu Vatuvei

The rest? Not rated. Ordinary. Very, very ordinary. Special mention for key errors go to Swann, Koopu, and Mannering. Rovelli's kicking at the end from 20 minutes out where he aimed for sideline set plays and got charged down also another honorable mention. Some have noted Ropati, but my word, his side in defence was abysmal. I've said it before, I'll say it again, his lateral reads of plays are extremely poor and last night it got shown very badly.

Jesbass_old

3 Manu Vatuvei

The rest? Not rated. Ordinary. Very, very ordinary. Special mention for key errors go to Swann, Koopu, and Mannering. Rovelli's kicking at the end from 20 minutes out where he aimed for sideline set plays and got charged down also another honorable mention. Some have noted Ropati, but my word, his side in defence was abysmal. I've said it before, I'll say it again, his lateral reads of plays are extremely poor and last night it got shown very badly.

Poor defense in the middle of the park forced both Ropati and Mannering to do more than their fair share of tackling. Of 30 attempted tackles, Ropati made 27, (2nd highest in the team), with 1 ineffective, (only 8 players had less), and 2 missed (only 5 players had less). So I think 'abysmal' is poetic license at best.

Our worst offenders in the defensive department were back rowers: Swann, Luck (amazing, I know), and Koopu. Witt was the worst of the backs.

Esoj_old

3. vatuvei -was a beast all game proabbly the best player on the park for our boys
2. Lauaki - pretty solid when he was on and proved bit of magic with a kick and chase on the last
1. wiki - may not be getting heaps of minutes but dam he was awesome when he was on.

kiwi-born_old

As far as I'm concerned Vatuvi, Luaiki and Ropati were the stand out players. Each of them had a superb game, particulary Vatuvi and Luaiki. I was impressed with the fact that they did not partake in errors and that they produced a game of excelence.

levibro_old

As far as I'm concerned Vatuvi, Luaiki and Ropati were the stand out players. Each of them had a superb game, particulary Vatuvi and Luaiki. I was impressed with the fact that they did not partake in errors and that they produced a game of excelence.

i agree with you there!!

tookeytookey_old

Poor defense in the middle of the park forced both Ropati and Mannering to do more than their fair share of tackling. Of 30 attempted tackles, Ropati made 27, (2nd highest in the team), with 1 ineffective, (only 8 players had less), and 2 missed (only 5 players had less). So I think 'abysmal' is poetic license at best.

Our worst offenders in the defensive department were back rowers: Swann, Luck (amazing, I know), and Koopu. Witt was the worst of the backs.

Missed tackle counts don't tell you the story Jesbass. I can tell you, watching the game at Canberra that Jerome Ropati was defending that close to his inside defender they could have done the ring a ring a posy together. Missed tackles don't include when you show too much room and they take it, in fact, more often than not the winger is credited with the miss as he desperately tries to get back out after covering for his wayward centre, and misses the tackle.

Abysmal is spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.