Votes: 4 7.8%
  • F

Votes: 3 5.9%

• Total voters

Cces

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 12, 2013
Christchurch
These stats make for interesting reading considering we had an unused Interchange yesterday which has become all too common this season:

Our 2021 record when we've used all 8 of our allotted Interchanges is 7 wins & 7 losses.
Our 2021 record when we have had unused Interchanges is 1 win & 7 losses.
HIA's play a factor but in 5 of our losses, by 8 or less, we chose to not use all our Interchanges. The coaches might need to rethink their strategies if they remain in their roles in 2022.

Reactions: Tragic

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
Appears Katoa has escaped any sanction for incident in last play
Milford fined. Interesting what would happen if one of ours shoved a guy after the action of scoring a try, I know Dallin Watene-Zelezniak gave shit but look what Chambers got away with the other week. Was actually hoping someone would put a shot on the dirty little prick rubbing Curran’s head after Milford scored and Curran was groggy as when he went off.

TheSultan

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018
I’m still confused why that wasn’t allowed?
Totally! If theyre gonna award dubious tries like the Burgess one against Wests then this one is no different. Damn were gonna miss Pita next year. The positives he brings far outweigh any defensive lapses…says alot about the bro, that he battled back after his injury and is really putting in despite leaving.

Last edited:

Toookey

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2021
I couldn't imagine the shit storm if Chanel Harris-Tavita was kicking and went 1-5. There would be death threats
Well pretty easy, because Walsh actually scores tries, sets them up, makes breaks, puts others in gaps. He does many good things, so when he does a bad thing or two, he’s still generally up.

Im glad you mentioned Chanel Harris-Tavita, because what did he deliver against the bottom two teams of the comp? Sweet F A! Yes, he didn’t make any glaringly bad mistakes, but he didn’t create anything or step up when it mattered.

Greenlite

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 11, 2021
Probably unpopular opinion but I reckon it’s one of those games where one player single handedly (metaphorically) lost the game.

Reece bombed the bomb in the first half, followed by a shank at a penalty touch finder, when we were looking so hot at 12:8, then 1/5 he should have nailed 2 more. That’s 10-16 points. (He did an awesome break but hey he is Boy Wonder)

I don’t mind as a supporter letting youngsters learn the hard way, it will do them good for the long term as long as they don’t have a mental meltdown. Manu V came back fine against Para and Vunibaka the Fijian flyer came back in the 2000s as a tackling machine for example.

Hope next year he will be an amazing field goal and spot goal kicker with Shaun Johnson around helping him, and be an amazing high ball catcher (Shaun Johnson can also help with his towering bombs at training lol). Need to cut out the miskicks he’s done a few this year even some of the goal line drop out were terrible for his standard Last night

Hope he runs from dummy half more, looks lethal. And hope he keeps himself grounded and feel support from the club willing to risk games to develop him, thus not having a huge ego wanting million dollar contracts and play only one position or else attitude

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
Pretty sure it was because they thought he didn't get the ball down cleanly.
I thought it was a double movement call? Those things always like worse in video ref...

Anyway, given that the Warriors shouldn't have had the Aitken call, it balanced out.

roadrunner

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 7, 2016
Tauranga
Yea I was gutted by another close loss and there have been plenty .They are not far away from stringing wins together.Felt sorry for Walsh hey its easy sitting in front of the TV or stand and saying shit I could have kicked that.He will be better for it nxt year.Be interesting what mindset they have in the nxt 2 games.Be good to finish with 2 wins to set the tone for nxt year and to my Broncos supporter uncle in Brisbane 2022 will be a different result.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
I thought the aitken try was fair enough, aitken had his torso and probably also his hand on the ball, the fact coates did as well doesnt matter, simultaneous grounding the advantage goes to the attacker.
You forgot one simple fact. The colour of the jersey he was wearing.

Had to laugh at some of the comments I've seen on FaceBook. The referees and particulary the video ref were doing their best to get the Warriors to win. Our record under Chechin suggests otherwise.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a bit of discussion on this game and the decisions this week.

Henry Perenara "Matt Chechin blew his whistle."
Can see jokes that they now it works.

Reactions: gubbbs

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
New Plymouth
You forgot one simple fact. The colour of the jersey he was wearing.

Had to laugh at some of the comments I've seen on FaceBook. The referees and particulary the video ref were doing their best to get the Warriors to win. Our record under Chechin suggests otherwise.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a bit of discussion on this game and the decisions this week.

Henry Perenara "Matt Chechin blew his whistle."
Can see jokes that they now it works.
When we win the premiership that will become a cult tee shirt and a Tui ad.

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
New Plymouth
Despite giving Reece the Jandal for missing a shitload of points last night, I'm interested to look at what changed as he has been pretty sharp previously.

His style which is the same as Thurston, relies on his eye, brain figuring the draw. He seemed to be shanking ie. not giving himself enough draw.

Was it windy or a breeze circulating in Suncorp?

The drop goal was on and he was the one guy who could nail it. Hard to see from the tv but how close was it? Distance looked ok.

Reactions: Greenlite

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
Despite giving Reece the Jandal for missing a shitload of points last night, I'm interested to look at what changed as he has been pretty sharp previously.

His style which is the same as Thurston, relies on his eye, brain figuring the draw. He seemed to be shanking ie. not giving himself enough draw.

The drop goal was on and he was the one guy who could nail it. Hard to see from the tv but how close was it? Distance looked ok.
Maybe ten metres to the left of the upright
Not close
Not a bad attempt but not close

Reactions: Rick O'Shay

Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
Feb 3, 2014
Auckland
I thought the aitken try was fair enough, aitken had his torso and probably also his hand on the ball, the fact coates did as well doesnt matter, simultaneous grounding the advantage goes to the attacker.
Annesley in his weekly report analysed the Chanel Harris-Tavita dropped ball try scenario, the Hiku knock on when looking to force the ball for the try and Aitken’s awarded try and gave credit to the bunker in getting all three correct

Greenlite

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 11, 2021
Reece has the longest droppy in our team, I dont think anyone else who has ever pulled on a warriors jersey goes that distance (maybe ridgey).

I think Shaun Johnson won us the game in 2018 vs Raiders with 2 long drop goals about 40M out?

Otherwise ya the only other guy who can kick that far in the squad is Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and he’s not accurate nor in the team anymore lol

IMO about 3M to the left and never coming back in but a good effort?

His goal kicking was shit kept going across the same manner, shanked a touch finder and another goal line drop out that went 35m (he usually kicks 50+). Maybe Walters’ mind games got him? Check Reece’s internet history lol, what have you been browsing boy

Makasene

1st Grade Fringe
May 10, 2012

Definitely had the distance and off the boot probably looked like a speccy but drifted left early and missed by a comfortable margin.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings