• F

Votes: 3 5.9%

• Total voters

Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
Feb 3, 2014
Auckland
Why wasn't Chanel Harris-Tavita doing the goal kicking duties.. He's got a pretty good boot on him from memory
. Also anyone else notice at the 10 min mark the clock dropped back by 1 min.
Happened after the Aitken double movement i think.
If the ref whistles a try (as he did in this case) and the bunker calls for a formal review then the time between the try being awarded and the review is added back to the game time

Last edited:

Dippa

Warriors Bench Player
Jan 27, 2015
Is there still an OUTSIDE shot of top 8? Mathematically there is I think.

We win our last 2 and go to 22. That leaves Raiders and Titans on 20 with 1 to play.

Raiders play Roosters. Titans play Knights.

The Sharks play Melbourne (could lose heavily) and Brisbane (the game I think they win)

Any win of ours is doubled in terms of PD too don't forget.

Yes, you are right about that. I just played out the scenario on the ladder predictor.

Warriors to win both remaining games and without any need to win by big margins. I guess we're clutching at straws, but it's more unrealistic if your only hope is to win by big margins and hope for other results to go your way.

It ain't over till the fat lady sings and unfortunately for the Warriors she has sung in advance on a number of occasions.

Reactions: J_P

Raw Power

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 30, 2016
Brisbane
Unfortunately the message didn't come from our non pro-active coaching staff to rest Walsh from kicking duties after his first few misses. (wasn't hindsight either) Someone had to make the call IMO!

Please remind me why are we getting rid of Hiku again?
Probably missed Matt Lodge in this one.

Don't take away anything from Kid Walsh as he looked like a young JT/Brent Webb... very dangerous on attack.
His defense is on the improve too... as he did make some telling tackles.

Great Game to watch... however Mad Monday is just around the corner

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
Unfortunately the message didn't come from our non pro-active coaching staff to rest Walsh from kicking duties after his first few misses. (wasn't hindsight either) Someone had to make the call IMO!

Please remind me why are we getting rid of Hiku again?
Probably missed Matt Lodge in this one.

Don't take away anything from Kid Walsh as he looked like a young JT/Brent Webb... very dangerous on attack.
His defense is on the improve too... as he did make some telling tackles.
Indeed - he took down Payne Haas on the breakaway. That's a fair dinkum effort.

Tim burgess

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2012
We should have won this game. We owned the middle for large parts of this game and killed the Broncs with our shifts on the edges. Like so many of our close losses we were the better team, just couldn't ice the game when we had the momentum. Hopefully this is another learning experience: all it takes is to flip one or two of these close losses into close wins for us to be entrenched inside the 8 like the Knights.
Well said and is my argument all season long. There has been massive strides forwards under Brown especially with the style and speed of some our plays.

Lesser injuries and disruptions and next season this squad can easily make it into the top 8.

I've read on other forums that Brown stuffed things up by playing Townsend. I disagree, yes he made mistakes and made a telling contribution even if its his intangible inputs like his experience on the pitch.
O'Sullivan's contribution over the last few weeks has been good but also filled with errors and is part of his learning just like Walsh yesterday.

For me personally, I've enjoyed seeing the development of the squad and the younger players.

Toookey

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2021
I really liked that some of the younger players - Walsh and Curran - both stepped up at times when we needed them. Walsh with that big break in the first half and Curran’s hit and spin try in the 2nd half. Both players are young and haven’t had a full season playing for us yet, so will only continue to get better. Along with Katoa, Berry and Pene for next year, we’ve got some top young talent.

I’m really looking forward to Walsh with a preseason under his belt. Remember, he’s come in as an 18 year old with no footy since he was 16, and shoved into a struggling team and has performed amazing. He’s going to be even better next year

Cces

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 12, 2013
Christchurch
I dont mind walsh going long for the penalties and missing now and then he still gets most of them and when he does he peels off close to 40m and it puts in a really strong position. The infrequent misses are worth the risk because of the payoff when it comes off.
When you have a penalty on halfway though what does an extra 5-10m actually mean when you get 6 tackles inside the opposition's quarter if you successfully kick it into touch? The risk vs reward ratio isn't worth it

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
When you have a penalty on halfway though what does an extra 5-10m actually mean when you get 6 tackles inside the opposition's quarter if you successfully kick it into touch? The risk vs reward ratio isn't worth it
That was a really bad mistake and an odd one. Seems he was aiming to get into the 20m area but that doesn’t leave much room to form some shape in the back line to attack.

Reactions: Cces

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
Just watched that replay and feel comfortable with where we’re at. Many players out and their try’s came from kicks and broken play. Some of ours were beauties.

Reactions: Canadian_WarriorFan

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
The commentary seemed to think he shanked it off the shin instead of the boot, so wasn't really the fault of going for too much distance, just poor execution.
It usually is. The good ones practice more...that is where yawnion has the advantage...they seem to develop them earlier e.g. Halligan...and league clubs have traditionally ignored good kickers e.g. Halligan...he was only signed for the Bears...and the reserves FFS...it was only Paul Simonsen breaking his leg that got him a start.

Reactions: RiceOwl

Louim8

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 19, 2020
Why wasn't Chanel Harris-Tavita doing the goal kicking duties.. He's got a pretty good boot on him from memory
. Also anyone else notice at the 10 min mark the clock dropped back by 1 min.
Happened after the Aitken double movement i think.
I couldn't imagine the shit storm if Chanel Harris-Tavita was kicking and went 1-5. There would be death threats

Last edited:

Stone

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
Auckland
Gutted to lose yet another tight one.

I thought the showdown between Addin Fonua-Blake & Haas was awesome to behold, Milf wound the clock back to 2015, Hiku had a wee ripper, the Donks targeted their former squad mate Walsh really well & we were lucky AF to be awarded that late Aitken try, I thought that last freeze frame clearly showed Coates grounding the pill, but good ole HP saw it different, chur cuz! lol.

How good was it to see some great attacking shape at times being methodically executed in silky smooth fashion by the Warriors out there on Suncorp though ?

That one try where we virtually went 100mtrs off one set, on the 3rd tackle we spread it wide to the right flank & get stopped, but then on the 4th we immediately swing it all the way back to the left from Egan at DH onto Chad onto Chanel Harris-Tavita who puts it out the back onto Walsh onto Pompey who effortlessly draws the last defender to put Montoya over in the left corner where we knew they'd most likely be short because of the previous right side spread.

It's been a while since I can remember our entire spine seamlessly linking up in succession like that to clinically set up our outside backs.

Throw a vastly experienced elite vet half with superior game management skills like Shaun Johnson into the mix & that spine of Egan, Chanel Harris-Tavita, Shaun Johnson & Walsh could potentially go next level or beyond in 2022.

Last edited:

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 9, 2016
From what I could tell from my highly inebriated state young Reece was playing very well. You can’t slate him for his kicking because sometimes the best have off days as well and hooking him after he missed a few would have done more damage then good. He did over play his hand a couple of times like I thought he would but better to be predictably aggressive than passive.

Milf had the game of his life and they scored 3 flukey try’s. That’s what the difference was.
To me it looked like both teams were up for it but we were the more hungry team for 80 mins and still couldn’t get the bickies, and not for the first time either. Probably why Browny lamented the lack of attack in the first 20 as he didn’t want another close game with such a young group prone to errors.

Reactions: J_P and davo

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings