Votes: 4 7.8%
  • F

Votes: 3 5.9%

• Total voters

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
A shame about the goal kicking as the last few years we have rarely outscored sides by scoring more sides than them. We were usually in the game cause of goal kicking.

I'm guessing the other options are all injured.

In saying that how many games this year has Walsh kept us in. Remember he is a rookie.

I like the routine he does with his arms before he kicks. I used to try and get a swing going with my legs so your consistent like a golfer lining up. Think he has potential once he gets some goal kicking coaching. Probably win us games with his kicking the next few years.

There were some pretty difficult kicks as well.

He is a rookie who has taken on a lot of responsibility

Wigan Warrior

1st Grade Fringe
May 23, 2012
Wigan, England
As a fan base we shouldn’t tolerate any Walsh slander here.

19 years old. Thrown into first grade after only playing a handful of games the past year.

Dealing with a hell of a lot of fanfare from media and fans.

Big game against the club he left because they wouldn’t give him a chance - in front of a hostile Suncorp crowd.

Top 8 “hopes” on thin ice.

He didn’t loose us the game - allowing the Broncos to score 24pts while owning the middle did.

But as someone in the game day thread said - he could’ve won us the game with his kicking.

But despite all the misses, the shit the fans would’ve been throwing his way and the weight of the team on his shoulders…

He still had the balls to take the 2pt FG at the end.

Remember folks - not only did we sign him at all, but we got him a year early, in a year lost due to injuries, a new coach, another season away from home, etc. etc…

We got to have him debut this year, while Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (a idol of his) was still here, to show him the ropes, etc. etc…

The experience of this game, and this season in general, will be so valuable for his growth heading into next season…

With a (hopefully) healthy squad. With Shaun Johnson back. With continuity in terms of Brown at the helm…

While it was nice to hope for finals footy this year, it was still highly unlikely and if we did squeeze in, we would’ve only played 1 extra game in all honesty.

It’s about building for next season and beyond, and games like this will make Walsh and the team stronger for then.

Walsh is our future, and if we give up on him after 1 game, then we really deserve all the misfortunes we’ve endured.

My comment was certainly tongue in cheek. He's the future of the club.

Reactions: jonesy101

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
New Plymouth
Despite all the hugs and kisses for Reece. Bottom line is that he is a top flight NRL player who has been deemed by the club, good to go.

He should be available for criticism just like any other player.

Today he bombed. Nothing to do with his age or experience. Missed the kicks that would have won us the game and his defence was shithouse.

He will improve and hopefully use today as jumping point for future success. However, today he sucked.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Used to think 9 was the best from what we get over here, but today was dreadful. They clearly only bring the A show out for origin.

Does SkyNZ not have the studio anymore?
I wonder if covid has hit Sky bro.

No joke, Covid has already hit media in Auckland more than one presenter taken out by it.

SKY TV and SKY city have a lot to do with each other.

I was actually looking forward to the panel wearing masks and talking...never happened they were out.

Louim8

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 19, 2020
Well that was a really disappointing 80mins of my life i will never get back. At least they let me down now and didnt wait for a do or die final game of the season to do it, i probably would have had a stroke.

Really feel for walsh, none of the kicks he missed were easy ones but man if he just got 1 or 2 more...ah well he will be a better player for it. And to those suggesting he sucks and we should send him back to the broncos i have memorized your user names, i am going to come back when the 18 year old kid really starts to hit his straps and rub your stupid faces in it.

Felt like their were too many players not doing enough and a few doing too much.

Walsh given so much responsibility at such a young age, curran flying around until he almost couldn't get off the field of his own accord, Addin Fonua-Blake the only foward who had parity with their pack. Hiku had a real good game.

Then you have egan and bunty give up on the kick chase, let milford walk unmarked into good supporting position and watch him score over the youngest player on the field while he blames himself for it. Jamayne Tounua-Brown, pompey, and Dallin Watene-Zelezniak were really bad today. I dont know what brown sees in sironen and i thought aitken had a bad game, first the clear double movement and then got bailed out by the bunker.

Oh well, still love this bludy club. On to next week and i really cant wait for next season.

Warrior#214

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 13, 2016
AK
On balance that Broncos teams form of late tells you they’re better than their spot in the table - staying in it with the Panthers and pushing the Rorters. So anyone saying it’s a disgrace or whatever that we lost to them is clearly a part timer.

Haas was a weapon today and I thought a big difference was the benches - Really only Bunty put his hand up - I thought Egan and Katoa were under and Murchie looked cooked the minute he walked on the park. For them Kennedy was really solid and Robati and Levi were mentionable.

And we are building this team around Walsh over the next few years - so bad luck if your a Warriors fan and you don’t like the kid. Maybe you should head over to the Broncos instead?

Bit gutted on reflection that Lodge wasn’t there - would have been a lot more feeling in the hit ups for sure.

Anyway nows our chance to ruin someone else’s Top 8 dream - hello Raiders, hello Titties!

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
I am so relieved the finals thing is over I can just enjoy my team now with a reasonable and fair and realistic outlook.

We played extremely well. We were beaten by a team playing one of their best games in years.

Shit like that happens in the NRL which is why you all like the NRL in the first place.

sydneywarrior92

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 12, 2013
We should have won this game. We owned the middle for large parts of this game and killed the Broncs with our shifts on the edges. Like so many of our close losses we were the better team, just couldn't ice the game when we had the momentum. Hopefully this is another learning experience: all it takes is to flip one or two of these close losses into close wins for us to be entrenched inside the 8 like the Knights.

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
Despite all the hugs and kisses for Reece. Bottom line is that he is a top flight NRL player who has been deemed by the club, good to go.

He should be available for criticism just like any other player.

Today he bombed. Nothing to do with his age or experience. Missed the kicks that would have won us the game and his defence was shithouse.

He will improve and hopefully use today as jumping point for future success. However, today he sucked.
His missed catch off a Milford bomb leading to a Coates try was not ideal

he did create our first try

Peewee

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 20, 2020
A shame about the goal kicking as the last few years we have rarely outscored sides by scoring more sides than them. We were usually in the game cause of goal kicking.

I'm guessing the other options are all injured.

In saying that how many games this year has Walsh kept us in. Remember he is a rookie.

I like the routine he does with his arms before he kicks. I used to try and get a swing going with my legs so your consistent like a golfer lining up. Think he has potential once he gets some goal kicking coaching. Probably win us games with his kicking the next few years.

There were some pretty difficult kicks as well.

He is a rookie who has taken on a lot of responsibility
Maybe Johnson to kick next year

WA supporter

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Mar 18, 2017
Perth
And if G Hill didn’t trip A Langer on a Friday night at Ericsson Stadium in rd 1 of the Winfield Cup1995,we make the finals too! Have we become crocodiles,we now eat our own?! Ffs I’m just as upset as everyone else here but,we can’t lay our season on a couple of mistakes made by a 19yo boy🤬 I for one are comfortable with where we are headed with this team. Jesus H, after 26 years of money,blood and tears I've shed for this team……. See you all again in March ‘22. On a really filthy note. That’s my first wrong tip in 3 weeks!🤮🤮

wellyboy

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Jun 1, 2015
How is it the warriors are the only team in history that can make players like Milford play like he's an immortal??

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
A bit of a shame we didn't get the Broncos at the start of the year when they were shit house. Milford pulled out a performance from a few years back.

A weird game to critque as its disappointing we lost and against a side at the bottom of the table. That will come in for the usual criticism but the Broncos have been improving. We weren't terrible but it was the usual game where played ok in patches but didn't keep momentum when we had it.

Another close loss sums up our season.

Jaffa J

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 22, 2020
Walshy was terrible today and deserving of criticism as a NRL player that didn't perform should but obviously he is a young player and this is a good learning experience

Jamayne Tounua-Brown is a passenger and hasn't really kicked on this season for everyone saying what a dud buy Evans was atleast he was making 100 metres in games

Super impressed with Montoya this season easily been one of our best buys and deserves club player of the year

We need a dynamic no.6 to pair alongside Shaun Johnson

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings