15 R.Kennedy J.Tevaga 17
16 E.Bullemor J.Frei 20
17 T.Robati J.Murchie 21
21 J.Turpin C.Townsend 22

Cces

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 12, 2013
Christchurch
Can someone please remind me what our rotation looked like last week? When Katoa came on was he replacing Tevanga? And then Curran moved to lock?
I swear Aitken and Curran swapped sides at half time? Someone please explain 😅 It looks like we are a prop short this week
Aitken started on the left & Curran on the right. After 30 minutes we manipulated a free interchange after the Ryan James late hit to bring Katoa on for Tevaga. Curran then played Lock & Katoa moved onto the right edge. Jazz returned in the 58th minute for Jamayne Tounua-Brown & played in the middle. Afoa replaced Katoa in the 67th minutes & our backrow returned on their starting positions.

Last edited:

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 9, 2016
Referee

Well good Luck with the Referees Matt Chechin let's sit back and watch him Destroye another CLUBS Dream of making the 8 he hasn't give the Warriors a fair Go...All Year.....

we’re also a shit team who struggles to overcomes bad decisions. Most shit teams in general really. Until we can beat the ref and the opposition we won’t be a good consistent team.

Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
Feb 3, 2014
Auckland
we’re also a shit team who struggles to overcomes bad decisions. Most shit teams in general really. Until we can beat the ref and the opposition we won’t be a good consistent team.
Why should you have to beat the ref as well?

I repost what I have posted before- Kevin Campion made the comment that when he was playing for NQ he never understood why Warriors supporters complained so much re refs, but it didn’t take him long once he joined the Warriors to see why they did!!!

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 9, 2016
Why should you have to beat the ref as well?

I repost what I have posted before- Kevin Campion made the comment that when he was playing for NQ he never understood why Warriors supporters complained so much re refs, but it didn’t take him long once he joined the Warriors to see why they did!!!

I get it but what can you do. Until we start beating the ref as well as the opposition we will never be a part of the “blessed” group which usually means top 4. It’s just the way it is. Somebody’s gotta get rough end of 50/50 calls and refs will usually pick the team that will get scrutinised least in the media. I believe that’s unconscious bias, but it’s also conscious.

Reactions: Dunedin warrior

Spudstar

U20's Player
Jun 17, 2021
I get it but what can you do. Until we start beating the ref as well as the opposition we will never be a part of the “blessed” group which usually means top 4. It’s just the way it is. Somebody’s gotta get rough end of 50/50 calls and refs will usually pick the team that will get scrutinised least in the media. I believe that’s unconscious bias, but it’s also conscious.
We half a 39% WIN Rate under this clown.....

Teeps4Shore

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 17, 2021
Three wins on the bounce will do wonders for our confidence. The broncos have nothing to play for. We are still a shot of making the eight and a fourth win in a row (how long has it been?!). The deck is stacked in our favour.

I have been impressed by our resilience and you can guarantee Lodge will be working closely with the coaching staff to unpick a likely broncos game plan. Seems to me that it you take Payne Haas out of the game, then the broncos struggle. Step forward Addin Fonua-Blake!!

Our selections are settled. We are playing with more pace and more composure. For once, I am confident of a good performance and for a result in our favour. We are coming together as a club.

Ikin and Walters have had to resort to trying to unsettle Reece Walsh in the media. “We will welcome you back!”. Hang on… weren’t you the same coach who told him he wasn’t big enough or ready enough for first grade? You can feck off Kevin. I expect Walsh to be motivated as hell to stick it up these guys. Revenge is a dish best served cold.

walsh is now a warrior and my belief is he is very loyal - I expect the club to lock him in as our marquee, and you can see the friendship between him and Chanel Harris-Tavita turning into something special. I think he’s found a place where he feels he belongs… and his passion and desire to turn the club into a dynasty shows.

I expect a Warriors win, by 10-14 points. 28-14 sounds about right. Walsh to score a double.

I cannot wait for Sunday - the other thing is that by kickoff, we will know a win puts us on the same points as 8th (assuming results go our way)… everything to play for.

let’s do this. About time we finished a season with a clutch of wins…

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings