Post Match Round 22: Seagles Beat Warriors 27-12

Game Information

Vs

01 Jan 1970 12:00
minute

Who was your MoM?

• Total voters
Brother Faisal the reason I gave up boxing is I didn't have the Killer instinct.

It's something you are born with.

I've chosen a life path that tested that lack of Killer instinct as far as I could take it.

Here are some of my deepest Kungfu Secrets and this applies to any sportsmen / Soldier / average Joe on the street with neither training nor bravery.

People like you who are aware that you are not a brave person / dominant / agressive Alpha male.....are people with tremendous courage ( otherwise why the fook do Grappling....take up Tai Chi Chuan ).

Brave people lack fear

Courageous people are afraid and confront those fears.

In a fight your best option is to get out if you can , unless you are fond of dying.

If you can't get out....the flight response is equal to the physiology of the fight response in fact it gives you more steroids than ' switching on for a scrap '
Cortisol ( anxiety / fear ) is underrated , most folk use Adrenalin ( lots of that when you want to thump someone , lots when you want to run away ).

To maximise the power of the flight response you have to detach your Mind from the body ( go outside yourself , become an external voice and detach your brain....the most powerful weapon you have ......from what the body is doing ).

What you are doing Brother Faisal is you are analysing your so called weakness and the relative strengths of the people who beat you.

This is a good thing...in fact it is a weapon mate.

Trying to man up when a Grappler has a been given a better hold by you already is a waste of time , struggling etc as you wold have experienced is a waste of energy.

What people like you are best to do is to keep thinking about how you let them get the first hold , put all of your fighting training and thinking into ' Effective counter Moves ' .....practise those , don't waste your time and martial arts fees trying to be a different type fighter , be a counter strike weapon , but here's the key , when you react do not hold back , unleash your go to move with the speed of the "flight' frigtened man you are.

If that doesn't work in the Grappling world change Art forms.

Sam Tomkins plays his Rugby league that way , when tacklers come for him is is the skinniest dude out , he uses that fear of being smashed to counter react.

The Warriors should....given their mental make up , use this principle and have support runners counter reacting to the nice abilities they have to bowl people and get arms free.

They will be beaten in many other facets of the game by better trained / mentally harder people , but the weapon they have is secound phase.....the support play of the Warriors should be the best in the World.

Last edited:
The key difference is belief. Aussies believe in themselves and believe it is their right and destiny to win. They don't go into any contest with the idea of being competitive, they go in to win. Their is nothing wrong in that, the problem is attitudes to winning and losing. They will try and gain an edge and if it means influencing refs they will do it.

Brother Faisal the reason I gave up boxing is I didn't have the Killer instinct.

It's something you are born with.

I've chosen a life path that tested that lack of Killer instinct as far as I could take it.

Here are some of my deepest Kungfu Secrets and this applies to any sportsmen / Soldier / average Joe on the street with neither training nor bravery.

People like you who are aware that you are not a brave person / dominant / agressive Alpha male.....are people with tremendous courage ( otherwise why the fook do Grappling....take up Tai Chi Chuan ).

Brave people lack fear

Courageous people are afraid and confront those fears.

In a fight your best option is to get out if you can , unless you are fond of dying.

If you can't get out....the flight response is equal to the physiology of the fight response in fact it gives you more steroids than ' switching on for a scrap '
Cortisol ( anxiety / fear ) is underrated , most folk use Adrenalin ( lots of that when you want to thump someone , lots when you want to run away ).

To maximise the power of the flight response you have to detach your Mind from the body ( go outside yourself , become an external voice and detach your brain....the most powerful weapon you have ......from what the body is doing ).

What you are doing Brother Faisal is you are analysing your so called weakness and the relative strengths of the people who beat you.

This is a good thing...in fact it is a weapon mate.

Trying to man up when a Grappler has a been given a better hold by you already is a waste of time , struggling etc as you wold have experienced is a waste of energy.

What people like you are best to do is to keep thinking about how you let them get the first hold , put all of your fighting training and thinking into ' Effective counter Moves ' .....practise those , don't waste your time and martial arts fees trying to be a different type fighter , be a counter strike weapon , but here's the key , when you react do not hold back , unleash your go to move with the speed of the "flight' frigtened man you are.

If that doesn't work in the Grappling world change Art forms.

Sam Tomkins plays his Rugby league that way , when tacklers come for him is is the skinniest dude out , he uses that fear of being smashed to counter react.

The Warriors should....given their mental make up , use this principle and have support runners counter reacting to the nice abilities they have to bowl people and get arms free.

They will be beaten in many other facets of the game by better trained / mentally harder people , but the weapon they have is secound phase.....the support play of the Warriors should be the best in the World.
Sup this is quite an amazing post.

I do feel im a counter guy, its who i am, but like you said becoming a lethal counter guy that no one wants to mess with is what i suppose i want to be in the jiu jitsu world. like you said in real life its different, in fact what i learn in most cases only works in the dojo. I dont have a major killer instinct but i think to every man wants to win in his own way, for me i want to win by countering the other guy, winning in the underdog fashion, im sure if you ask benji marshall in 05 with the flick pass to pat richards in the grand final if he would like to win it any other way he would say no because he did it his way, we all have a vision, how we imagine winning, im sure most of the warriors they imagine doing it from behind, similar to melbourne 08 whereas aussies might imagine totally dominating their opponent ruthlessly and breaking the rules without getting caught as much as possible to win at all costs whereas we imagine winning in a fair and square fashion.

At the end of the day we, and the warriors will live and die by the famous words of frankie "did it my way"