General Round 22: Game day vs Brisbane

• Thread starter The 22 BEAST_old
  • Start date

Northern_Union

Brown bent the D line backwards with almost every run he took out of dumby half. Drew in two and three defenders and still managed to bend the line. Good hard running.
As a centre he is poor. Constant arm grabs and scragging opposition players by the back of the jumper. He just aint a centre plain and simple but as we all know what we see and what Ivan see's are offen two different things.
Can't wait for Bluey to take control in this regard.

mrblonde_old

Couple of brain farts at the end......

It looked as if Maloney didn't take control at all, there wasn't any intent to get the ball where it needed to be, in the middle of the field.

Unusual in that we usually do better in the second half of matches.

Agree with the comments about Brown at centre, thought Johnson was okay, not as prominant as he could have been though.

Maloney's kicking cost us the game, given he kicked that bastard conversion for Berrigan's try but not Locke's but...actually, meh....I didn't expect him to convert Berrigan's try and he had a better game than Parker in that regard.

Dragons look will beatable at present. I know we've pretty much blown any hope of Top 4 but TBPH that's not a huge disadvantage, given what we almost achieved from 8 in 2008.

dingleberry_old

we still have a shot to pass the cowboys- broncos/cowboys game next week, if broncos win and we win against the knights it's only 2 points behind, all things being even we've just gotta beat them in our last game at home. we play st george and st george also have to play the storm... destiny is still only just in the warriors hands. this game should be a wake up though. we only narrowly lose to the broncos and we know we could have played better.

sebastian_old

We are missing class in some areas. We have extreme talent where it counts. We have heart in all areas and it takes heart to win the comp, we'll never get lucky because of the refs. Never. So our only chance is to outskill the opponents. We nearly have the complete team. We are close. I hope we take this loss and build on it, thats where a quality coach should come into play. I hope this is the year that can make Cleary. In my eyes, Cleary can stand up this season. He needs to build on this performance. I'd honestly be dissapointed if he doesn't.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chch fan_old

Maloney should have taken more control but its hard when other players take it wide. Sure have a go on 1 or 2 but then get to the middle. With the time left we probably should have just hit the 1 pointer straight away. I just hope the lesson is learnt because we have some tough games coming up. On another note how close was Johnson's effort from 40something on the angle?

Fazz_old

As a centre Brown was brown stuff. But coming out of dumby half he was great. He offers plenty just not at centre.

Oh yeah, fully. But as a centre he kept running sideways and I don't think Manu got the ball at all, that's one reason (defence the other) that I thought he had such a poor game. Happy to see him named on the bench next week, but Brown will get killed at centre again and again until Ivan plays somebody else there. It's been proven by having Moon there in recent weeks and us looking 100x better on that side.

dingleberry_old

in other news, how much did Tupou actually look like (a younger) Manu on his kick returns... Breaking the line... busting through players. Won't be long and he'll be making length of the field kick returns. He also had a really good take and got slammed but didn't make the error... good stuff

Chch fan_old

I disagree its at this time of year coaching really defines teams proformances which will hurt us.
YOu say we will never get a break from the refs, understatement if that high shot right in front of the posts had have been a Warrior on a Bronco with that big home crowd on the refs back the wistle would have been blown for sure!

Chch fan_old

Our back 3 is gettin better every week except possibly Manu given his game against the Rabbitohs was right up there. Gotta feel for Inu

BringBackRovelli_old

Yeah Tupou had a solid game, he does bend the line on his runs, hough he doesn't look that big.

MarkW_old

Gutted we lost, but it was an epic battle none-the-less.

Against a full strength Broncos side at home I thought our boys put in a very good performance. We have won games this year and played a lot worse so I can't really point fingers at any particular players for the loss.

Spence_old

I loved Godinets hits today. Good shot from a small man.

Locke v Hoffman was a great battle.

Very disappointing, but to be honest, I just enjoyed a damn fine game of footy.

BringBackRovelli_old

I was a bit disappointed with the way we started the second half. The Broncos didn't come out firing, just lulled us to sleep, and slowed us down, when I thought we could have come out strong, we were going through the motions and they punished.

Chch fan_old

Godinet wasn't as great tonight but I think he showed enough to keep his spot. Gives the impression he's always a chance of creating something.
Mateo was quiet but may have been rained i somewhat because of of 3 or 4 misdirected offloads. He was also marked up on pretty heavily.
So who gets the points Locke or Hoffman? Either way we have great depth there now.

BigD_old

Gutted we lost, but it was an epic battle none-the-less.

Against a full strength Broncos side at home I thought our boys put in a very good performance. We have won games this year and played a lot worse so I can't really point fingers at any particular players for the loss.

1 point aint Nothing..

I was very impressed with the lads (Warriors) tonite

Shaun Johnson is a gem fending off 5 tackles for that try
More to come from him

Locke was just Brilliant.

sebastian_old

I disagree its at this time of year coaching really defines teams proformances which will hurt us.
YOu say we will never get a break from the refs, understatement if that high shot right in front of the posts had have been a Warrior on a Bronco with that big home crowd on the refs back the wistle would have been blown for sure!

I say coaching because we have some tough games, we'll need to get up for again. He'll need to get the team up again, next week, every week. If he does well, i'll be impressed, thats all i mean. I don't know how he rates against Bluey, getting teams up for the big games, we're going to find out.

Chch fan_old

Yea I get ya but once again in a big game we didn't really see anything that amde us looked like a well drilled or coached team. Two pices of indiviual brillance and some grat strength from Berrigan on the end of some simple passing gave us a chance in the game.
None of us really can compare anyone to Bluey because he hasn't been tried in the Nrl but he's showed us plenty in other comps that mahe us think and hope he will go alright.

Magic Stick_old

I think this Warriors team can win the comp.

Warriors have the ammo i thinkl...just not the smarts

also think there missing a little impact & mongrel that Ukuma Tai'i could provide...Elijah Taylor the last 3 games has been the invisible man

JonB_old

Warriors have the ammo i thinkl...just not the smarts

also think there missing a little impact & mongrel that Ukuma Tai'i could provide...Elijah Taylor the last 3 games has been the invisible man

I think invissible is a stretch, but I would have Lewis or Ukama ahead of elijah at the moment, though I do like the kid.