16 K.Evans A.Fifita 17
17 E.Katoa L.Metcalf 19
20 E.Kosi B.Magoulias 20

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
Pompey should be ahead of the new guy Vailea

Apart from that good team

I disagree with Beastmode about Aitken on the grounds this is a nothing match for us and a perfect opportunity to have a fiddle with funky ideas like Aitken in the 2nd row. If Aitken costs us the match winning try does it really matter? No it doesn't as we are both eliminated from the 8 already and also safe from the wooden spoon.
I think it is a fabulous idea to try this Aitken experiment at this stage of the season.

Last edited:

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
I would change the team list prop order
Bunty and Addin Fonua-Blake to start
Lodge and Kane Evans off the bench

Splitting up Addin Fonua-Blake and Lodge is what we are eventually going to land on so we can have consistent forward dominance throughout a match. Let's just go there now rather than taking 20 games to figure it out. NAS comes off the bench for storm and he is their best prop.

Having thought about it - would start Lodge and Addin Fonua-Blake off the bench.

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
Lodge and Addin Fonua-Blake are the quintessential two big "Fuck off" props we have been waiting for. This warriors team is close to being a dream team especially with Shaun Johnson coming back and Walsh in the side. Sort of like a fan had a magic lamp and asked the genie what sort of players he wanted in his Warriors side. This team is not far off being very competitive.
As mentioned in previous posts part of what they missing is just winning momentum confidence. The reason why the crusaders win so often is they now how to win. We need a few notches on our belts.
Even though in life you learn more from your mistakes, in sports, at least in my senior mens cricket career. You learn more from wins than losses. You in fact usually learn nothing or go backwards from a loss as you just want to forget about it, while you positively reinforce what you did right after a win. The Warriors should theoretically play better this week. Then again it it is the Warriors and they never do what the form guide says.

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020
Very Interested in how Aitken goes as a backrower again. He put up the kind of numbers against the Tigers that countered (for a week at least) what Papali’i has been doing since he left for the Eels last year.

It’ll be a step up this week against a grittier Sharks forward pack but Hannay has stacked his pack with big boppers two weeks in a row now so regardless it maybe not a bad tactic to have more mobility out there.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
Pompey should be ahead of the new guy Vailea

Apart from that good team

I disagree with Beastmode about Aitken on the grounds this is a nothing match for us and a perfect opportunity to have a fiddle with funky ideas like Aitken in the 2nd row. If Aitken costs us the match winning try does it really matter? No it doesn't as we are both eliminated from the 8 already and also safe from the wooden spoon.
I think it is a fabulous idea to try this Aitken experiment at this stage of the season.

Didn’t you read the other thread? We’re supposed to be going on a 6 game winning streak to hit possibly a top 4/5 spot!!!

But in all seriousness, this forward pack looks too light and I’m not a fan of this chopping and changing the team every week.

Aikten should be at centre where he belongs with Hiku.

Pompey one wing. Montoya the other.

DZW to full back.

Walshy + Chanel Harris-Tavita in the halves.

Now that’s fire 🔥

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
Read the ‘will we make the 8’ thread Wrighty. Our run is doable even technically winning only 4 of the next 5. All winnable games against weaker teams.

We need to be ‘all in’ until the mathematical chance is gone.
By the tenor of Brown's interview with Triple M - we are not all in and are building for next year at this stage. Which I thoroughly agree with. Why stress out the players. They will probably go better with no pressure anyway ??
Didn’t you read the other thread? We’re supposed to be going on a 6 game winning streak to hit possibly a top 4/5 spot!!!

But in all seriousness, this forward pack looks too light and I’m not a fan of this chopping and changing the team every week.

Aikten should be at centre where he belongs with Hiku.

Pompey one wing. Montoya the other.

DZW to full back.

Walshy + Chanel Harris-Tavita in the halves.

Now that’s fire 🔥
In terms of one other counter Angie to throw
Aitken played in the second row last week and scored two tries and we won
Don’t change a winning formula theory ??

Reactions: J_P

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Jazz at Hooker shits me and I probably would have played Aitken at centre. Get they want to blood new kid but based off last week he’ll be a target, better to give him some time off the bench.
Otherwise not much else you can do with our uninjured non bailed squad at the moment.
Have a few concerns about our halves but expect Chanel Harris-Tavita to do a big hit(and probably reinsure himself) and be the reason some demand he must be there

Reactions: Sup42

Wheels

Warriors Bench Player
Jun 30, 2021
Lodge and Addin Fonua-Blake are the quintessential two big "Fuck off" props we have been waiting for. This warriors team is close to being a dream team especially with Shaun Johnson coming back and Walsh in the side. Sort of like a fan had a magic lamp and asked the genie what sort of players he wanted in his Warriors side. This team is not far off being very competitive.
As mentioned in previous posts part of what they missing is just winning momentum confidence. The reason why the crusaders win so often is they now how to win. We need a few notches on our belts.
Even though in life you learn more from your mistakes, in sports, at least in my senior mens cricket career. You learn more from wins than losses. You in fact usually learn nothing or go backwards from a loss as you just want to forget about it, while you positively reinforce what you did right after a win. The Warriors should theoretically play better this week. Then again it it is the Warriors and they never do what the form guide says.
I do agree with you to an extent. However, next year, we will be missing our best defensive and best attacking weapon in Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (in terms of backs anyway). Defensively some of our attacking threats like Walsh and less so Johnson will have big targets on their backs....teams will try and isolate them all day...Johnson is an injury worry despite improving rapidly as a team organiser leader. It would be great to get Manu to offset Roger Tuivasa-Sheck loss. Also great to have addition front row fodder in Pene next year. It is how you bounce back from a series of losses that shows your mettle!

Reactions: Wrighty

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings