Votes: 34 36.6%
  • C

Votes: 9 9.7%
  • F-

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
bangbros18

bangbros18

I was a fan of Evans when he came up at the Roosters. Him and Napa gave them some aggression.

I didn't notice him too much in recent years. Paid a bit attention to him last year after we signed him. He was alright at the Eels but most players look better when the overall team is going better.

What he does give us is a different body shape which is what POS would of been keen on. Different body types for the defense to think about when they make their tackles.

He's likely to be suspended along with getting a few discussions from the coaching staff about his discipline.

Personally I hope they spend the pre season trying to build some more power in those long legs of his. He seems to be getting over powered a lot compared to our bulkier guys.
I don't see why katoa can't do what Evans does off the bench, he won't lose his head and he's big enough.

Reactions: 1 users

J_P

Feedback@nrl.com.au

Ph
From nz 001164293598500
In Aus 0293598500
Email sent.
Hi nrl management, as a recent convert from rugby union watcher to NRL watcher in the last few years I'm disappointed in the refereeing in multiple games. To be precise I'm from Auckland, NZ so have always been a warriors supporter and officiating is so terrible to the point of embarrassing in games that they're almost unwatchable.
I obviously notice it in warriors games but have noticed it in other games also where the top 4 teams get the benefit of the doubt. I'm close to giving up on rugby league and going back to strictly watching rugby union due to the terrible nature of referring in nrl. I hope this can be rectified but I understand I'm only 1 person but would like to point out this view is widely shared by the wider community including fans of other teams.
Not the best writer but done the best i could.
Btw haven't watched rugby union in years and don't follow it at all lol

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

Most conspiracy theories are explained by incompetence, but the Aussie refs are definitely one eyed...very often anyway.

My theory is because of media pressure. The Warriors do not have the ability to mount sustained pressure in the media because they are outside Sydney. Cowboys, Broncos, Titans and Storm can because they are within that Australian media umbrella. So the Refs can officiate not to cheat, but to deflect criticism away from themselves by screwing over the Warriors, if like the Sharks the Aussie team cannot get it done then no harm their way.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

kos

Two e mails so far from myself and JP.
Useful to mention if you are paying memberships to Nrl clubs.
In my case Warriors and 4 season tickets at the Titans.
Members create revenue $ for the Nrl - we matter!

Reactions: 2 users
Greenlite

Greenlite

And what about Trindall kicking in the red zone on the 2nd tackle with 4 mins left and giving up possession to us! Coach would have been fuming.

Even their last play with zero seconds left. They had to go for a try instead went for a drop kick from 55 metres???

i love how our halves are making better decisions than the brain farts the other halves are having in the last two weeks against us lol. Pressure, it’s all pressure. Lol

Reactions: 4 users
Greenlite

Greenlite

If someone gives me a list of references (eg matches and rough time they occurred) I can put something like this together pretty quickly

Chad tackle is first minute (last tackle kick) of the last Sharks game a few weeks ago

Chanel Harris-Tavita “late” tackle was last 2-3 minutes of last nights game

Last 3 minutes vs Dragons last time, Addin Fonua-Blake got slapped on the chin, no penalty, you could probably find a bunch of facial contact that are penalties during that period where they were super hard on head contacts and sin binning players left and right.

Walsh slipped over on his goal line and the other team kneed his face at high speed and he was told to get up and play. I think it’s vs Panthers in the second half.

Could put Chanel Harris-Tavita fan girling over Cooper and Curran’s massive fall post match as end credit to lighten up the mood and give the team a good pr when this goes viral

Reactions: 3 users

Spudstar

ok, I have a controversial thought on Evans. Although I don't appreciate the results of certain actions and cant defend the dumb mistakes he made I do think he shows something rarely seen with our playing group. something missing for years. We have been a goodie two shoes team, always playing within the rules, too scared to challenge the ref or give away a penalty standing up for ourselves. The good teams do this and more, they get their hands dirty and rattle other teams. I think at a minimum some of Evans actions are retarded but, I kind of like seeing someone show some spine, even if miss directed. Maybe it will awaken a spirit in the team they have forgotten about, to stand up for ourselves, to be a bully on the field, to show passion even at the risk of giving away a penalty now and again, to be agressive and get under opposition skin and to test the refs more. We see the top teams testing the ref from the start of games, they keep testing and give away penalties until the refs stop calling those infringements, the team starts to control the style of game. I'm not saying Kane is in the right but the spirit is in there - a bit of Passion.
Tha Warriors need to Grow some Balls and Become what the Jersey Stands FOR. STOP the NRL Bullshit and getting the Same treatment as Melbourne Storms We aren't on the same Field with the Refereering.... No WAY...

kos

Tha Warriors need to Grow some Balls and Become what the Jersey Stands FOR. STOP the NRL Bullshit and getting the Same treatment as Melbourne Storms We aren't on the same Field with the Refereering.... No WAY...
We are the Warriors.
E mail the Nrl.

Reactions: 1 user

Spudstar

Difference between controlled aggression and being a grub, liked a bit of biff back in the day but the game has moved on, what Evans did today was dumb and almost cost us the game
It Never Did. U forgotten how to win. U don't win by been someone s bitch. Standing up for yourself or team mates, making a stance etc. Evans fortunately isn't a grub, he is showing passion!

Navigator

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
Bit bloody hard when the ref tells you to bugger off I have made a decision.
I would love our captain to get in the referee's face and demand answers for penalties or send off's.

Navigator

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
Can Anyone re watching the replay tell me what Kane said before he was called out and sent off the first time, I think it was jazz trying to calm him down and Kane said something like I'm sick of this shit.

mrblonde

mrblonde

And what about Trindall kicking in the red zone on the 2nd tackle with 4 mins left and giving up possession to us! Coach would have been fuming.

Even their last play with zero seconds left. They had to go for a try instead went for a drop kick from 55 metres???
Going for the 2 Point Field Goal (2 points given if beyond your opponent's 40m line IIRC). Logical enough idea, just really bad execution.

Reactions: 1 user