Votes: 28 47.5%
  • C

Votes: 27 45.8%
  • F- :(

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters

bruce

Contributor
My single biggest bitch with the warriors, is ignoring opportunities as 5hey come up.
Fair comment, however it is not as easy as it looks.
Melbourne in particular train for all contingencies so that everybody knows what he has to do the minute it happens. That gets drummed into them right through the grades so they come to first grade ready to go.
Our skipper is ex Melbourne and so is the assistant coach, they know this,
so it is more than just knowing what they do...
and to pay credit to Kosi's three tries Melbourne just could not adjust on the field, when it was obvious what was on early in the movement. What concerns me is the player who threw the excellent passes is gone after this season.

I still have more faith in this team than I have had in a long time.

If you want to hear why NAS was not charged pull up Annesley's briefing today and listen to Luke Patten of the MRC explaining why the decision not charged was arrived at

Some comments taken from the clip

"created space - no force to the neck"
"extra player involved"

What I found interesting (being pedantic as I am) that throughout the clip Patten referred to NAS as Nelson and WE as Egan not sure why he couldn't also refer to our man as Wayde
No force on the neck. What about the rest of the head region. He created space and pretty much slammed like he was in professional wrestling.

I can't remember if I heard it in union or in league. Think it was union as they are real strict on the head. The tackler has a duty of care for the ball carrier. If this was charged you would think it would of been a slam dunk for the prosecution.

There were a few incidents over the weekend. I am interested to see how much discussion this one gets. Think most of the attention will be around the Cleary tackle.

No force on the neck. What about the rest of the head region. He created space and pretty much slammed like he was in professional wrestling.

I can't remember if I heard it in union or in league. Think it was union as they are real strict on the head. The tackler has a duty of care for the ball carrier. If this was charged you would think it would of been a slam dunk for the prosecution.

There were a few incidents over the weekend. I am interested to see how much discussion this one gets. Think most of the attention will be around the Cleary tackle.
They also said there was separation when his head hit the ground, not sure if they were watching the same clip his elbow looks like it's on his head the whole way down apart from for half a second it comes off after his head hits the ground lol. Watched the clip again NAS nods his head when the ref calls he's on report, he almost looks surprised he isn't being sent off. Anyhow it's done with now will be justice with Storm not making the finals!

Head injury and pressure on the neck is irrelevant. It was a blow like a punch but using the elbow.

Under the NRL laws and interpretations it is misconduct and could be charged under:

PLAYER MISCONDUCT
A player is guilty of misconduct if he:
4 . Applies any unnecessary pressure

The fact he used his elbow was completely unnecessary and foul play. The fact he broke his teeth would indicate excessive pressure.

To pay credit to Kosi's three tries Melbourne just could not adjust on the field, when it was obvious what was on early in the movement. What concerns me is the player who threw the excellent passes is gone after this season.
My memory could be faulty but I thought a different player threw the final pass each time - Chanel Harris-Tavita, Egan when he switched to 5 eighth, and Johnson running off the scrum.

Interesting how many times I've seen media etc. Saying they expected NAS to be suspended.

It's crazy to me how Annesley defends it in the press conference, "oh you have to remember this is a players life were talking about, if he gets charged and suspended hes losing money" what about the other player who could've been/was seriously injured 🤔

One of the criteria the MRC needs to consider when deciding whether to charge or not is

The necessity to maintain public confidence

I wonder how the no charge decision sits with the public and whether it maintains public confidence
To which the NRL and all associated organisations - Judiciary, MRC, etc - say:
"Well, you can't maintain what you don't have, so, shit, it's only the Warriors, right, cobber?"

I know these are old examples...
1659350871658.png

Remember when Konrad got banned for this...

1659351108312.png

Or Gavet with a perfect kick chase and low tackle, but penalizes for excessive contact.

1659351562081.png

Or this....

I really hope this NAS shit and that Cowboys-Tigers game causes the NRL to sort their shit and fix the system. I see people calling them corrupt everywhere on social media. People are not happy with the game right now.

I know these are old examples...
View attachment 47780
Remember when Konrad got banned for this...

View attachment 47781
Or Gavet with a perfect kick chase and low tackle, but penalizes for excessive contact.

View attachment 47782
Or this....

I really hope this NAS shit and that Cowboys-Tigers game causes the NRL to sort their shit and fix the system. I see people calling them corrupt everywhere on social media. People are not happy with the game right now.
I hope footballers start sticking up for thier team mates on the field and have a crack at guys like NAS and JWH.

Bring back the biff!

Reactions: leaguejunkie
Mind-blowing really, those justifications from the MRC - a perfect triangulation of non-blame for NAS - the only thing that saves hims from is that it was 'only teeth' - it's not UFC or amanda Nunes' elbows on Piena's face - it was a dropped elbow in the mouth during a football game, everyone saw it - it's shameful in every way