13 J.Ofahengaue B.Sironen 12
14 A.Twal K.Nikorima 14
15 T.Amone B.Afoa 15
16 T.Simpkins K.Evans 16
17 M.Chee-Kam J.Tevaga 17
18 K.Tuilagi V.Vailea 18
20 Z.Cini P.Petterson-Robati 21

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Brisbane Queensland Australia

PullinTeeth

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 11, 2017
In an article after the weekend Brown said the game was an opportunity for Walsh to watch both Mitchell and Walker and learn. The fact he mentioned Walker must mean he is still thinking of him as a potential 6. Wouldn't be surprised if Hiku and Walsh swap
Probably sums up Browns coaching strategy.

Any Warriors player " coach, coach, what's the game plan this week?"

Nathan Brown " ummmmmm, fuck off, just watch other cu**s".

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
Hiku being named captain …

Just like when Bluey gave the skippers job to Manu, back in 2012.

Reactions: YeahNah 4020

gubbbs

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 26, 2016
Geeze, the NRL have done us no favours maybe we should just head home early as a team. This is a ridiculous team. We should have setup a loan system like last year if we were going to start sending players home.

Hadyn

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2013
Its literally the only 20 players we have left cannot help much with the forwards almost last man standing job.
BUT halves of Hiku and anybody will create more chances than Nicorima and any body by a multiple of about 6 .
Brownies finally learnt Nicorimas only position.We'll score some points and I expect Sean O'Sullivan to be the controlling kicking half.
In desperation Brownies gone to the Bluey coaching manual which says if we score more than them we don't have to worry about defence as much.....which is true as long as you can do it.
Brownie gets another season at this stage and full marks for learning the Nikorima lesson even though its taken about 14 games longer than it should have.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
When the bubble announcement was made last week I didn't really think of any of our guys coming home. A bit naive I know but it was more due to hearing less rumours about guys coming home compared to last season. Last season they couldn't plan for as the pandemic closed in and shut the competition down.

Having Addin Fonua-Blake and Lodge out Ah Mau is a bit of a blow.

Nikorima's selection is a bit telling. Looks like they are keen to use him off the bench or maybe an indication he's leaving. There is a position in the halves instead they use a player coming back from injury and the depth half back. Last week on defense he was a turnstile.

Keen to watch the young fella at dummy half. Spent some time last week watching before I headed out. He has pretty good service from dummy half.

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Feb 24, 2013
As I said in the game day thread in the weekend, there is no way that Kodi could be selected in the run on side after his performance. I can understand a small bloke like him being run over, but there were a couple of defensive decisions where you could see he was avoiding contact. Absolutely pea-hearted, which is a shame because I thought he had been more committed on defence in the weeks leading up to the game. I haven't seen anything like it since the last year of the Mateo/Maloney combo.

It is humiliating to be the incumbent half and be replaced by a defensively weak centre with no match conditioning and a Kiwi Sport-trier like Sean O'Sullivan.

This week's news is very telling. The resilience of this team appears to be a thing of the past. I hope that is not the case against a Tigers team we really should have beaten.

Cces

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 12, 2013
Christchurch
Is it time to cut out the "living away from home" rhetoric? NZ based squad member are pretty thin now

1. Walsh (never lived in NZ)
2. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak (Australian based since 2000)
3. Pompey
4. Aitken (never lived in NZ)
5. Montoya (never lived in NZ)
6. Hiku
7. O’Sullivan (never lived in NZ)
8. Jamayne Tounua-Brown (> 6 months in NZ)
9. Otukolo
10. Ben Murdoch-Masila (left NZ in 2009)
11. Katoa
12. Sironen (never lived in NZ)
13. Curran (>9 months in NZ)

14. Nikorima (preference is to live in Australia)
15. Afoa
16. Evans (never lived in NZ)
17. Tevaga

Addin Fonua-Blake (never lived in NZ)
Lodge (never lived in NZ)
Murchie (never lived in NZ)
Townsend (NZ based '14-'15)
Petterson-Robati (left NZ 2009)
Frei (>18 months in NZ)
Egan (>18 months in NZ)

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
Is it time to cut out the "living away from home" rhetoric? NZ based squad member are pretty thin now

1. Walsh (never lived in NZ)
2. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak (Australian based since 2000)
3. Pompey
4. Aitken (never lived in NZ)
5. Montoya (never lived in NZ)
6. Hiku
7. O’Sullivan (never lived in NZ)
8. Jamayne Tounua-Brown (> 6 months in NZ)
9. Otukolo
10. Ben Murdoch-Masila (left NZ in 2009)
11. Katoa
12. Sironen (never lived in NZ)
13. Curran (>9 months in NZ)

14. Nikorima (preference is to live in Australia)
15. Afoa
16. Evans (never lived in NZ)
17. Tevaga

Addin Fonua-Blake (never lived in NZ)
Lodge (never lived in NZ)
Murchie (never lived in NZ)
Townsend (NZ based '14-'15)
Petterson-Robati (left NZ 2009)
Frei (>18 months in NZ)
Egan (>18 months in NZ)
Maybe for the players but the cost of lack of revenue generated by the club must be tough. Autex must be pumping money into it. Can’t be easy for players with kids setting up for the years ahead with so much still unknown.

Greenlite

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 11, 2021
Can we just use the covid bubble and bail now? I mean the captain is gone, how much more symbolism did you need? Get Jacinda to pressure NRL into some compassion 😂

But of course letting the reserve grade kids run riot would be fun, until they all get injured

Reactions: Big_Fattz

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
Can we just use the covid bubble and bail now? I mean the captain is gone, how much more symbolism did you need? Get Jacinda to pressure NRL into some compassion 😂

But of course letting the reserve grade kids run riot would be fun, until they all get injured
If the Warriors were to bail, I wouldn't put it past the NRL to basically say "You walk out that door, we just might not let you back in!"

The Warriors bail, that's at least one less game for the NRL to sell to it's lovely Broadcaster Overlords. The Broadcaster Overlords would fly to Sydney and barge into the NRL offices with hand extended and saying "You gimme 'bout tree fiddy!" very loudly.

Tree fiddy which the NRL can't really do without. So they have to give those 8 games a week, whatever the makeup of the teams involved.

I'm sure Autex and the Board are very aware of the severe tensions in this area...

Last edited:

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings