15 J.Host T.Otukolo 14
16 P.Mago E.Katoa 15
17 J.Arrow B.Afoa 16
18 B.Burns L.Ah Mau 17
20 B.Taaffe E.Kosi 20

jsmooove

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Never would i have thought of Addin Fonua-Blake as captain material. i always just took him as a bloke who just runs hard, offloads and makes tackles. But to be honest i love this move. I look at two guys like Lodge and Addin Fonua-Blake (id throw jazz into this category but doesn't have the size to intimate) and they are just straight up dogs.... straight up alpha dogs. They want to get into scrap and grind. They want to get into that fight and win. Its something i think we need so badly. Look i love Roger Tuivasa-Sheck but maybe the leadership shouldn't be so much about mr nice guy works hard at everything but that absolute alpha who is going to come in and absolutely do anything to mog the opposition

Toookey

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2021
I don’t think this will be the team that runs out. But, that’s not a very brave statement as I don’t think Browns stuck to the team list once this year?

Imagine being Katoa, new to rugby league and feeling that you’re doing okay, yet every other week you’re being asked to something different. Poor bloke. Has played well last few weeks, make it easy on him and pick him as a starter.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Never would i have thought of Addin Fonua-Blake as captain material. i always just took him as a bloke who just runs hard, offloads and makes tackles. But to be honest i love this move. I look at two guys like Lodge and Addin Fonua-Blake (id throw jazz into this category but doesn't have the size to intimate) and they are just straight up dogs.... straight up alpha dogs. They want to get into scrap and grind. They want to get into that fight and win. Its something i think we need so badly. Look i love Roger Tuivasa-Sheck but maybe the leadership shouldn't be so much about mr nice guy works hard at everything but that absolute alpha who is going to come in and absolutely do anything to mog the opposition
I agree. But who’s captain when Addin Fonua-Blake is off?

Listening to the preseason videos he is articulate, passionate and has the right attitude.

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019
I don’t think this will be the team that runs out. But, that’s not a very brave statement as I don’t think Browns stuck to the team list once this year?

Imagine being Katoa, new to rugby league and feeling that you’re doing okay, yet every other week you’re being asked to something different. Poor bloke. Has played well last few weeks, make it easy on him and pick him as a starter.
Well whatever he is being told he should just want to do it.

And I'm not knocking the bloke he sounds like a great kid with a great head on his shoulders. But he is still learning how to be an NRL player week in week out, if his coach is asking him to play edge then play bench or prop then he surely must be excited to be playing nrl each week right?

I would like to think he's just excited to rip in with the lads each week? Or am I missing something?

Reactions: tajhay and Sup42

Trugoy

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 3, 2016
Odd call giving Addin Fonua-Blake the captaincy. I know we didn't have a heap of options but 50/50's now become 30/70's due on his previous indiscretions with referees
Nah bro, I was at the game right behind the posts.
Addin Fonua-Blake was the main man talking every huddle.
Very obvious he has a lot of mana amongst the players.
I’m all for it.
With the added responsibility we could well see him mature and lift his game to an even higher level.

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
Nah bro, I was at the game right behind the posts.
Addin Fonua-Blake was the main man talking every huddle.
Very obvious he has a lot of mana amongst the players.
I’m all for it.
With the added responsibility we could well see him mature and lift his game to an even higher level.
Impressive the interplay between him and Lodge after 2 games together.

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012

Yeah wouldnt have thought Murchie deserves to go straight in as a starter.

Maybe Brown wants impact from the bench and feels Katoa fits that breif.

Im on the same lines as you tho, Katoa after a slow start has hit a patch where he's looking strong and confident again......i mean it may all change by kick off but why fuck around with that?

Already seen what trying to be too clever has done with Ben Murdoch-Masila who was killing it from the bench....

Last edited:

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings