Votes: 46 64.8%

• Total voters

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Serious question
Do you think if we fans on this message forum
And warriors fans across New Zealand asked for more accountability after a loss and was less accepting of defeats that the team would be more successful and win more ?
No

Reactions: Rick O'Shay

Burncity warrior

1st Grade Fringe
May 11, 2021
I hope the whole club flushed

Serious question
And warriors fans across New Zealand asked for more accountability after a loss and was less accepting of defeats that the team would be more successful and win more ?
How good do you think the All Blacks would be if they didn't have almost debilitating expections? That's an extreme example, but I'm looking at the Raiders fans walking out at halftime after having been a very successful club, multiple premierships, recent regular finals appearances and a grand final only a few years ago and here we are after no success saying "oh but we have some injuries, it's ok". A loss is a loss but 60 points?

SouthernWorrier

Warriors Bench Player
Aug 4, 2020
I agree.

The season is stuffed, it was gone weeks ago except for some dreamers on here.

Souths had a reason to perform, because they didn't last week, and by half time they were in danger of a repeat.

Chad should not be playing at all, if I were the Cowboys I would be dirty as. So we had a winged tackler in Chad. Their boppers had a field day. You don't need too many players missing tackles to cause a rout, especially with the errors we were making.

The team were off the boil after last week, and those errors from Walsh started the rot.

We have a shite defensive pattern that a guy like Bennett is going to work around. I think we have a good group of payers, we definitely do not have a good defensive coach. If the defensive pattern is substandard, it affects the players confidence.

Didya all know that Brown has beaten Bennett 9 times of of 11m before today? That is true so Like I said pre match Bennett was out to get him.

However Dallin Watene-Zelezniak showed his class, and Montoya. Our two big guys up front were showing the effects of last week without any doubt.

Anyway stats time:
Possession 67% to 33%...heyzeuss spare me that is like opposed training for a team like Souths.

I cannot bear to list the running metres and set distances or kick return metres. Our forward pack got absolutely rogered like I cannot remember.

We had 45 missed tackles, which in the circumstances was a positive (sort of), we have had that many before without too many points being scored.

Lodge ran 12 times for for 107 metres, in the circumstances very good IMO.
Addin Fonua-Blake ran 7 times for 67, so he was sore from his effort last week. Nothing wrong with his fitness IMO but the body can only take so much belting.
Bunty and Leeson Ah-Mau did not seem to do much running, but then we didn't have that much ball either.

Josh Curran had 53 made tackles and only missed 4.

Kodi missed 3 tackles but made 23. WTF said he is a revolving door? Some people don't know shite.

Chad only made 11 tackles, and missed 2 anyway which showed he was keeping out of trouble, totally understandable IMO

Ironically the worst for missed tackles were Mat Lodge with 6, Pompey with 5 and the new kid Otukolo with 5. Sorry guys that is not a sign he is future rock star.

Bunty made 36 tackles and only missed one.

So as gutted as I am, I even turned the TV off in the second half because I couldn't watch any more, I am not as distraught as I should be.

There were some good signs, plenty of ticker and speed in the outside backs.

Walsh had a shocker, but that happens to kids. He should bounce back.

Anybody who think we have a definitive coach is dreaming, and that needs sorting.

Brown, he is not the answer, at present anyway, and with Gould out of the way he might get the sack soon.
Good summary. I’d only note that niko doesn’t tally a missed tackle if he doesn’t lay a finger on them. And that happened multiple times. I’m not a Niko hater, but his defence was not even reserve grade standard tonight, there’s no glasses Rose coloured enough to disguise that. Chad showed huge heart for someone who I agree should t even be playing.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
How good do you think the All Blacks would be if they didn't have almost debilitating expections?
The All Blacks have nobody to play, except South Africa in the old days. That is a fact. They were farking lucky to win the RWC at Eden Park, for more than one reason.

Reactions: Defence

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Yeah my perspective is im not as disappointed in that trainwreck as i should be as i accepted the fact this season was gone weeks ago
No matter what, it is hard to put your balls on the line when the season is stuffed, mind you of we get the spoon watch the pitchforks come out.

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
How good do you think the All Blacks would be if they didn't have almost debilitating expections? That's an extreme example, but I'm looking at the Raiders fans walking out at halftime after having been a very successful club, multiple premierships, recent regular finals appearances and a grand final only a few years ago and here we are after no success saying "oh but we have some injuries, it's ok". A loss is a loss but 60 points?
Ok I respect your view thanks for answering
I personally don’t share your view but that is ok. Thank you for answering now I know your paradigm and theories

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
So what's your point? It was a good team against a shit team would be better wording?
My point is that it was a dumb comment, by a guy making a living off his history. Typical Fox Sport.

Dallin Watene-Zelezniak is not a boy, nor is Lodge or Addin Fonua-Blake...just for starters. Cooper Cronk is a dropkick commentator.

Heyzeuss spare me even Brandy talks better than that.

Mind you when you look at the idiots on Fox news we cannot expect too much from that outfit.

• Love
Reactions: demco and Big_Fattz

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
I hope the whole club flushed

Serious question
NO!
We've been asking for accountability, burning tickets, burning shirts, doing public media posts about how shit the Warriors are and how many finals games do we have under our belts?
How many years of finals football from 26 years?
Fans en masse screaming at the Warriors "I will no longer accept you fucking losing!" won't magically mean they'll start winning. If they don't have the know-how, confidence and self-belief screaming and ranting and giving them the Dead Eyes Tongue Out or pointing the bone at them won't do shit.
Telling me I'm crap is damn easy, proving it might also prove to be pretty simple but finding someone better than me who wants to replace me?! Well, that's quite another issue entirely. Have fun doing that...Guess I'm playing again next week, then, eh? :p That applies to Brown and the rest of the coaching staff, too.

NZRL and the ARL can't hold their hands up and say the Warriors issues are nothing to do with them. They obviously aren't hugely to blame, but what happened to the semi-pro competition the ARL was going to set up, for example? What the hell is going on with secondary school league? I know there's the really ugly rugby union elephant filling the room, but what is the NZRL doing about the next generation? Are they going after potential First XV kids who've found their way blocked by returning offically-finished secondary school students who've returned to school just to play First XV?

JustVisiting82

Waterboy
Jun 17, 2021
I admit I didn't pay much attention to what he was doing on defence today, and as you pointed out that he missed 5 tackles, it seems like he didn't do great in that department. So my comment was based entirely on attack. I thought he passed well, looked good picking up the ball and engaging the markers from dummy half, and seemed confident in what he was doing - nothing to set the world on fire, just a solid performance from a rookie and I feel like he's going to keep improving over the back end of the season if he keeps getting game time.

Louim8

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 19, 2020
I agree.

The season is stuffed, it was gone weeks ago except for some dreamers on here.

Souths had a reason to perform, because they didn't last week, and by half time they were in danger of a repeat.

Chad should not be playing at all, if I were the Cowboys I would be dirty as. So we had a winged tackler in Chad. Their boppers had a field day. You don't need too many players missing tackles to cause a rout, especially with the errors we were making.

The team were off the boil after last week, and those errors from Walsh started the rot.

We have a shite defensive pattern that a guy like Bennett is going to work around. I think we have a good group of payers, we definitely do not have a good defensive coach. If the defensive pattern is substandard, it affects the players confidence.

Didya all know that Brown has beaten Bennett 9 times of of 11m before today? That is true so Like I said pre match Bennett was out to get him.

However Dallin Watene-Zelezniak showed his class, and Montoya. Our two big guys up front were showing the effects of last week without any doubt.

Anyway stats time:
Possession 67% to 33%...heyzeuss spare me that is like opposed training for a team like Souths.

I cannot bear to list the running metres and set distances or kick return metres. Our forward pack got absolutely rogered like I cannot remember.

We had 45 missed tackles, which in the circumstances was a positive (sort of), we have had that many before without too many points being scored.

Lodge ran 12 times for for 107 metres, in the circumstances very good IMO.
Addin Fonua-Blake ran 7 times for 67, so he was sore from his effort last week. Nothing wrong with his fitness IMO but the body can only take so much belting.
Bunty and Leeson Ah-Mau did not seem to do much running, but then we didn't have that much ball either.

Josh Curran had 53 made tackles and only missed 4.

Kodi missed 3 tackles but made 23. WTF said he is a revolving door? Some people don't know shite.

Chad only made 11 tackles, and missed 2 anyway which showed he was keeping out of trouble, totally understandable IMO

Ironically the worst for missed tackles were Mat Lodge with 6, Pompey with 5 and the new kid Otukolo with 5. Sorry guys that is not a sign he is future rock star.

Bunty made 36 tackles and only missed one.

So as gutted as I am, I even turned the TV off in the second half because I couldn't watch any more, I am not as distraught as I should be.

There were some good signs, plenty of ticker and speed in the outside backs.

Walsh had a shocker, but that happens to kids. He should bounce back.

Anybody who think we have a definitive coach is dreaming, and that needs sorting.

Brown, he is not the answer, at present anyway, and with Gould out of the way he might get the sack soon.
Mate, did you watch kodi? Im not his biggest supporter but he was terrible defensivly. You cant just look at stats and go one way or another, of those 23 tackles how many were effective? How many times did the defense stroll through his line while he nether made a tackle or missed a tackle, just stood there and watched. Hes been poor for some time now, looks like he dont want to be there and just wants the check.

On a side note i thought curran was great, 3 or 4 times i seen him absolutely chop the ball carrier in half. One was on cam Murray and you could tell he felt it when he got up slowly.

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
Played 2 of the best 3 teams in two weeks. 4 injured before halftime last week, 3 injured this week (2 in the first 30 min). We lost Egan and Tohu Harris, two who set our defence around. Also losing Roger who’s largely been our best player for the last 3 years.

You’re on an absolute hiding to nothing, but with all of those things on top? Jeeze it’s rough.
I think before this week we had 4 players available outside of the 17, so unless we have players returning, we’ll be struggling to field a full team.

Browns not the best coach, the performances at times have been poor from certain players, but I think we need a bit of perspective here fellas.

Perspective?

I agree. One game doesn’t define your season. Which is why I was never “proud” and elated with last week’s performance.

13 losses, 7 in a row and 3rd to last on the Ladder.

Our last win was two months ago on the 21st May by 4 points again West.

One win in the last TEN matches!!!

Now that’s perspective!

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings