• F-

Votes: 46 64.8%

• Total voters

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
I actually disliked his commentary.
Fair enough.

I just liked the clarity with which he pinpointed our faults (not in a Blocker Roach way) and what we needed to do to be able to dig ourselves out the hole.

One gets the feeling injuries or no injuries he'd be able to implement a defensive structure that would be a major improvement on the leaky sieve one we have atm.

Toookey

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2021
I like how there’s a lot of passion around here, but jeeze I don’t think a lot of people look at things in perspective.

Played 2 of the best 3 teams in two weeks. 4 injured before halftime last week, 3 injured this week (2 in the first 30 min). We lost Egan and Tohu Harris, two who set our defence around. Also losing Roger who’s largely been our best player for the last 3 years.

You’re on an absolute hiding to nothing, but with all of those things on top? Jeeze it’s rough.
I think before this week we had 4 players available outside of the 17, so unless we have players returning, we’ll be struggling to field a full team.

Browns not the best coach, the performances at times have been poor from certain players, but I think we need a bit of perspective here fellas.

ramps

1st Grade Fringe
May 2, 2013
Rarotonga, Cook Islands
So ummm where to now?? our defensive line is far too slow. We dont look keen to defend at all. They came straight through the front door. Does our strength and conditioning need reviewing?

We look so disinterested and waay softer than other teams. we seem to get smashed more often than not. Just look at our injuries.. mostly from purely getting monstered.

SouthernWorrier

Warriors Bench Player
Aug 4, 2020
Good points
Just to add my thoughts on hooker
1) otukulo had wonderful service and did one good run
Importantly he always took the right option with who to fire the pill too
Thought his defence was below par but I expected that as he is young

2) jazz was very good at hooker and had his best outing there
His service was decent and useful
I think he should become a hooker full time
…your comments are usually on point Wrighty, can’t work out if you’re having a laugh here or we were watching different games…

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Feb 24, 2013
I like how there’s a lot of passion around here, but jeeze I don’t think a lot of people look at things in perspective.

Played 2 of the best 3 teams in two weeks. 4 injured before halftime last week, 3 injured this week (2 in the first 30 min). We lost Egan and Tohu Harris, two who set our defence around. Also losing Roger who’s largely been our best player for the last 3 years.

You’re on an absolute hiding to nothing, but with all of those things on top? Jeeze it’s rough.
I think before this week we had 4 players available outside of the 17, so unless we have players returning, we’ll be struggling to field a full team.

Browns not the best coach, the performances at times have been poor from certain players, but I think we need a bit of perspective here fellas.

I agree with what you have written.

Some perspective; We lost to the Knights twice, Dragons, Sharks, Cows when those things weren't an issue.

I'm not disappointed about the last 2 weeks nearly as much as the ones prior.

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
Wrightys grades
(Yes I know there is a thread and app for it but want to make comments as well)

1 Walsh zero out of ten he will not be happy with his effort but hopefully learn a lot from it
2 Dallin ten out of ten speed to burn
3 Pompey 8 I thought a strong effort
4 aitken 7
5 Montoya 8 very sound good try
6 kodi negative 5 he was sweet on attack but attrocious on defence
That canny Bennet had them running at specific defenders all night even if their runner had to run a very bizarre line
7 Le chad minus 8 despite being brave his injury made him a turnstile on defence. He was another one the south’s forwards made a bee Line for
8 Addin Fonua-Blake 7
9 jazz as a hooker 8 I thought he was a very good hooker even nrl standard I might add
As a loose forward he was woeful. His off load showed he will never learn has learned nothing from his experience
10 lodge 6 I think he had a big defensive miss on one tackle and looked exhausted from last week
11 Murchie move on nothing to see here
11a Katoa always gets injured
12 sironen 9 at last had a good game
13 Curran 6 he was ok

14 otukulo 6 like the Shakespeare play “ as you like it” if you liked him coming into the match then you will think he played well. If you thought he was a Noob then you will still think that after today’s game
15 Leeson Ah-Mau real good 8
16 afoa real good on defence played with real heart 9 for effort alone

Jul 24, 2021
Gotta put walsh at 6 kodi at 7 and if Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is still injured put Dallin Watene-Zelezniak at fullback, therefore you only got 2 smaller bodied less stronger defenders in the line as opposed to three (kodi,walsh,townsend), i choose to leave out townsend because nikorima and walsh have alot more speed and spark in attack and ability to create something on attack as playmakers which help the team immensely. Splitting nikorima and walsh apart in the opposite end from eachother in the defensive line will bring about less defensive vunerabilities as theyll have back rowers to help seal up each others potential defensice channel, and lets say opposition happens to makes a brake through thier channels youve got a bigger stronger defnsive body like Dallin Watene-Zelezniak/Roger Tuivasa-Sheck at the back to stop the breakaway attacker

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
You expected them to get pumped by 60? Wow, I thought they could win if they showed some ticker like last week. Unlikely yes but with real effort I thought we could have given them a game.

To sort of be accepting of a 60 point thrashing is a bit... 🤷
We didn't get thrashed by 60. We conceded 60. That's different. Bennett would be not best pleased about the 22. And with the kicks Ol' Fatty Latty missed. That could well cost them bigtime come the finals...

Burncity warrior

1st Grade Fringe
May 11, 2021

Where do we draw the line between perspective and sub-par performances?

See, the problem with our club(and our fanbase) is we are so used to mediocrity that we just accept it. No expectation.

Am I correct in saying that is only the second time we have ever conceded 60 points? And for all the blowouts this year I'm pretty sure that's only the 3rd 60 point hiding this season. 60 points is simply not a first grade showing. You've got Cooper Cronk saying it was men against boys, he's not sitting there saying "but they are missing Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Harris, it's ok", no because winners don't have that mindset.

SouthernWorrier

Warriors Bench Player
Aug 4, 2020
Trying to be positive on a bleak day
I think we have a great roster and a good coach but no momentum
seasons are about momentum
Yeah… not so much. I know we have 3 of our best defenders out but we had 4 of 13 out there unwilling or unable to make regulation 1st grade tackles. And we continue to butcher multiple regulation kicks every week. Wash shouldn’t be learning his trade in /st grade, it’s doing more harm than good to him and the team (and supporters) IMO.
The defensive line was in disarray. And I want desperately for Brown to help this team succeed but neither his record or current evidence gives me much hope. A ‘rebuilding coach’ has an inherent lack of accountability and while our current roster may not be top 4, we should be competitive 9 weeks out of 10… our lads are throwing themselves into it to the point of exhaustion but they look poorly conditioned and more poorly organised.
Three upsides: speed out wide, a centre (Pompey) continuing to develop with a fend and running improved lines, and lodge has been immense (just cut the offload efforts by 2/3, cook showed how predictable it’s become poaching one late)

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
I agree.

The season is stuffed, it was gone weeks ago except for some dreamers on here.

Souths had a reason to perform, because they didn't last week, and by half time they were in danger of a repeat.

Chad should not be playing at all, if I were the Cowboys I would be dirty as. So we had a winged tackler in Chad. Their boppers had a field day. You don't need too many players missing tackles to cause a rout, especially with the errors we were making.

The team were off the boil after last week, and those errors from Walsh started the rot.

We have a shite defensive pattern that a guy like Bennett is going to work around. I think we have a good group of payers, we definitely do not have a good defensive coach. If the defensive pattern is substandard, it affects the players confidence.

Didya all know that Brown has beaten Bennett 9 times of of 11m before today? That is true so Like I said pre match Bennett was out to get him.

However Dallin Watene-Zelezniak showed his class, and Montoya. Our two big guys up front were showing the effects of last week without any doubt.

Anyway stats time:
Possession 67% to 33%...heyzeuss spare me that is like opposed training for a team like Souths.

I cannot bear to list the running metres and set distances or kick return metres. Our forward pack got absolutely rogered like I cannot remember.

We had 45 missed tackles, which in the circumstances was a positive (sort of), we have had that many before without too many points being scored.

Lodge ran 12 times for for 107 metres, in the circumstances very good IMO.
Addin Fonua-Blake ran 7 times for 67, so he was sore from his effort last week. Nothing wrong with his fitness IMO but the body can only take so much belting.
Bunty and Leeson Ah-Mau did not seem to do much running, but then we didn't have that much ball either.

Josh Curran had 53 made tackles and only missed 4.

Kodi missed 3 tackles but made 23. WTF said he is a revolving door? Some people don't know shite.

Chad only made 11 tackles, and missed 2 anyway which showed he was keeping out of trouble, totally understandable IMO

Ironically the worst for missed tackles were Mat Lodge with 6, Pompey with 5 and the new kid Otukolo with 5. Sorry guys that is not a sign he is future rock star.

Bunty made 36 tackles and only missed one.

So as gutted as I am, I even turned the TV off in the second half because I couldn't watch any more, I am not as distraught as I should be.

There were some good signs, plenty of ticker and speed in the outside backs.

Walsh had a shocker, but that happens to kids. He should bounce back.

Anybody who think we have a definitive coach is dreaming, and that needs sorting.

Brown, he is not the answer, at present anyway, and with Gould out of the way he might get the sack soon.

JustVisiting82

Waterboy
Jun 17, 2021
When you see a blow out score accompanied by 67% possession to the winning team it's tempting to think that weight of possession must have lead the losing team to buckle defensively as the pressure and fatigue mounted. But today I think it was more a case of bad defence leading to the one-sided possession. Almost every time we kicked off to Souths they would either score or force a drop-out within that first set and either way they'd get the ball straight back.

The positives today for me were Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Montoya, and to a lesser extent Otukolu. I thought both wingers played their hearts out and came up with some good plays on attack and defence. It's a nice change to have two wingers who aren't slow. Otukolu wasn't amazing but I thought he looked promising in his second game.

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021

See, the problem with our club(and our fanbase) is we are so used to mediocrity that we just accept it. No expectation.

Am I correct in saying that is only the second time we have evI er conceded 60 points? And for all the blowouts this year I'm pretty sure that's only the 3rd 60 point hiding this season. 60 points is simply not a first grade showing. You've got Cooper Cronk saying it was men against boys, he's not sitting there saying "but they are missing Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Harris, it's ok", no because winners don't have that mindset.

Am I correct in saying that is only the second time we have ever conceded 60 points? And for all the blowouts this year I'm pretty sure that's only the 3rd 60 point hiding this season. 60 points is simply not a first grade showing. You've got Cooper Cronk saying it was men against boys, he's not sitting there saying "but they are missing Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Harris, it's ok", no because winners don't have that mindset.
Serious question
Do you think if we fans on this message forum
And warriors fans across New Zealand asked for more accountability after a loss and was less accepting of defeats that the team would be more successful and win more ?

Reactions: bruce

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings