• C

Votes: 16 15.5%
  • F-

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters

jonesy101

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2016
Only at the warriors can you feel hard done by the refs when the penalty count was 7 - 0 in our favour.

I know what you mean though, some of those 6 again calls should be penalties, and the way the panthers and storm do it explains why they have great defensive sets all throughout games. Very smart coaching backed by smart players who know when to give away the repeat sets.

Makes no difference if you give away a repeat set with the opposition 1 meter out from their own goal line because you have held the player down long enough for your team to get in position and rush up. An extra tackle does nothing and would like to see refs combat this with penalties when these infringements are commited in the attacking teams own 20 meters. Its already hard enough trying to work it out from your own goal line.
Agree. Thought those two repeat infringements on our defensive line were deliberate to the point of a professional foul. It completely wrecked our ability to put together a cohesive set of six. Its a rorting of the six again rules that needs to be sorted quickly. Yes its smart from the Storm and Panthers, but its cynical and they should never be allowed to get away with it.

Its the new wrestle, chicken wing, crusher tackle and free boat.

Raw Power

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 30, 2016
Brisbane
looks like our new unofficial leader Matt Lodge has started to find some fire in our squad and only two games in...
We would like to see more efforts like this week after week please.

And give me a break with congrats to Brownie finally getting marque player Roger Tuivasa-Sheck off the wing when Walsh is present. (even if he didn't last the game)

We've probably missed many of the close results because it was not done sooner.

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020
looks like our new unofficial leader Matt Lodge has started to find some fire in our squad and only two games in...
Fortunately for us it looks inbuilt. Tbh when I spruiked his name as a potential recruitment target a while back I didn’t realise the level of impact he’d have on the players around him.

I recall a comment he made a few months back when the Broncos were dicking him around on his contract where he said he just wanted to feel wanted by a club, I get the sense he’s finding that with us now.

Inruin

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
Fortunately for us it looks inbuilt. Tbh when I spruiked his name as a potential recruitment target a while back I didn’t realise the level of impact he’d have on the players around him.

I recall a comment he made a few months back when the Broncos were dicking him around on his contract where he said he just wanted to feel wanted by a club, I get the sense he’s finding that with us now.
I don't like his past but he is one of those players you want in your pack. He and Addin Fonua-Blake are going to lead our pack and set the platform next season. Shaun Johnson to decide the result.

Burncity warrior

1st Grade Fringe
May 11, 2021

And give me a break with congrats to Brownie finally getting marque player Roger Tuivasa-Sheck off the wing when Walsh is present. (even if he didn't last the game)

We've probably missed many of the close results because it was not done sooner.
No danger of him dropping off I think..he consistently did that for Brisbane while he was there too

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Addin Fonua-Blake, 262 metres and 32 tackles. Beast.
And half of those meters were off Lodge playing to him at the line.

Not taking anything away from Addin Fonua-Blake here, you have to be a premier prop duo to do that, Addin Fonua-Blake deserves all the credit for teaming up with Lodge and hitting the advantage line without dropping the ball.

They make a sick combo burger those two, really menacing for the defence. Pretty much impossible to prevent if they keep that up.

The team will just have to prepare to defend the odd drop ball if we are gonna maintain that new style of Big forwards in motion with soft hands.

There is the nucleus there, of a good side, a good attacking side with go forward and flair....we all have been waiting for two players to gel in this team....and it tends to be contagious, the confidence spreads.

Cces

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 12, 2013
Christchurch
He also wasn’t selected for the Dolphins yesterday. Don’t know if he got injured in last weeks game as he only came up with 65 run metres. Either way it doesn’t seem like he is first grade ready after long injury lay offs
Ratuva did play 80 minutes the weekend just been vs the Jets. Just 6 carries for 39m according to the QRL website

Last edited:

Toookey

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2021
Between them Lodge and Addin Fonua-Blake ran for 400m - has that ever happened for a Warriors prop pair? Phenomenal stuff.

What I really liked was the willingness to offload. The Warriors are an infinitely better team when we chance our arm. Like Sup42 said, we need to be prepared for the odd dropped ball or shit offload, as long as we’re not doing it every tackle.

I’d like to see us keep with 2 hookers this week. I’d also give Katoa an assignment to run for over 100m, he seems to drift in and out of games, we look great when he’s running hard, looks extremely dangerous. I’d have Ben Murdoch-Masila on the bench and tell him he needs to get 10 runs in his 25-30 min stint. Hitting that angle hard, off loading and looking damaging. That on top of Addin Fonua-Blake and Lodge I think we’d be in for some big fireworks

WellingtonOrca

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 14, 2012
Agree. Thought those two repeat infringements on our defensive line were deliberate to the point of a professional foul. It completely wrecked our ability to put together a cohesive set of six. Its a rorting of the six again rules that needs to be sorted quickly. Yes its smart from the Storm and Panthers, but its cynical and they should never be allowed to get away with it.

Its the new wrestle, chicken wing, crusher tackle and free boat.

To be fair, I thought Jazz was lucky to stay on the field when he gave away an extremely deliberate 3rd six again right on the line.

WellingtonOrca

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 14, 2012
He also wasn’t selected for the Dolphins yesterday. Don’t know if he got injured in last weeks game as he only came up with 65 run metres. Either way it doesn’t seem like he is first grade ready after long injury lay offs

I believe he's in the bubble so can't play Q-Cup..

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
Charges for R18 now published on NRL.com and no mention of any charge for either Lodge or Evans
Well, what were the NRL really going to do about Kane's message on his wrist band?

It's not an ideal look as maybe some parents had to on-the-hoof make up some innocent definition of the c-word because little Johnny was wondering what it meant, but come on.

Like every other player writes "I Love My Mummy", "Call The Ref Sir", "Be Polite To Your Opponent" or even "Remember To Buy 2 Eggs and 1 Milk Tonight After Game" on their wrist band/bands?

I'd actually love it if a player openly wrote in BIG BOLD LETTERS "Wrist 1" on one wrist band and "Wrist 2" on the other. Show some wit...

j-bob

1st Grade Fringe
May 21, 2014
Well, what were the NRL really going to do about Kane's message on his wrist band?

It's not an ideal look as maybe some parents had to on-the-hoof make up some innocent definition of the c-word because little Johnny was wondering what it meant, but come on.

Like every other player writes "I Love My Mummy", "Call The Ref Sir", "Be Polite To Your Opponent" or even "Remember To Buy 2 Eggs and 1 Milk Tonight After Game" on their wrist band/bands?

I'd actually love it if a player openly wrote in BIG BOLD LETTERS "Wrist 1" on one wrist band and "Wrist 2" on the other. Show some wit...
Is there an Australian over the age of three that doesn’t know the word cu**?

every Aussie I know is named cu** it seems.

that cu** over there

this cu**

oi cu**

etc.

I am guessing some cu** is one of the Penrith players and Kane wanted to fold him.

seems legit.

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 9, 2016
The support or rationalising of Evans writing "cu**" on his wristband has to stop. It's egregiously stupid and defies commons sense in a televised game. I can't believe he thought that was ok? How did no-one else in our playing or support group tell him to take that shit off? Just think about what that says about the level of IQ in this club. We've always been a dumb team on and off the field and this proves it further.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings