Rate the game?

• A+

• A

• B

• C

• F#@*!!!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Swanny

Was that him or just good scouting by POS...or both?
More making the point that they seem to have the belief that they are part of the future, and not going to be discarded after 1 game, which normally suggests the communication with the coaching staff is good. On the other hand though Murchie looked like a bloke who thought he had to produce a line break, offload, and try assist all in one run to get a shot next week.
I agree with someone earlier who said that the balance of the bench is not right. Outside of Ben Murdoch-Masila’s struggles, the bench players are all very similar and are not going to change the momentum of the match for you. A change at hooker or someone with the ability of Dylan Walker to come on and be that extra playmaker would help when we need to pick up the pace of the game

Reactions: 1 users
BeastMode

BeastMode

Should be "Something" and yes MacBeth is probably a reasonable simile to the Warriors although Richard III might be better
"Now is the winter of our discontent"

No my use of “someone” was accurate..

Cough cough coach…

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
BeastMode

BeastMode

Face facts (In fact where is he?) getting another coach at this point in time is totally counterproductive.
We’ve lost five in a row.

Penrith and South’s next.

That’s gonna be 7 hits and counting…

We’re gonna be looking at SK comparisons in 2 weeks time, you wait and see…

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay

We’ve lost five in a row.

Penrith and South’s next.

That’s gonna be 7 hits and counting…

We’re gonna be looking at SK comparisons in 2 weeks time, you wait and see…
Ha ha we'll totally destroy Penrith and the Bunnies. We're talking Warriors here. Just when you think all is lost they seduce you back for another 26 years.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
BeastMode

BeastMode

Lodge played 54mins

Addin Fonua-Blake 58 mins

Sharkies did most their scoring when these two were off the park.

Both are capable of playing bigger minutes. I am talking 70+ minutes each.

Did we really need 3 props on the bench with Bunty , LAm and Ben Murdoch-Masila? LAM looked awfully slow. Bunty has lost his zinger. Just no variety in his game.

Brown needs to rethink his bench.

Egan is not an 80min hooker

Jazz is not a starter…..

Our alpha’s need more minutes

Oh, and drop Kodi, put Walshy to 6 and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck back to fullback !

It’s just simple common sense shit,,,

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Wrighty

Wrighty

I really don't get calling for Nathan Brown's head... the majority of the games we have lost this year have been pretty close and its been brain farts from the players that cost us those tight games not a lack of coaching. If a small amount of luck had gone our way in some of those games, this season would be looking very different right now.
I am a brown fan
However
1) if he played berry ahead of kosi last week ie berry at centre and Montoya on wing, then we would have won
2) if he played Kane Evans this week Ahead of lam or Afoa then we would have done better and we only lost by 8 points

both those two selection errors were baffling

Thirdly firing up the troops with must win talk is counter productive
It makes the N00b players think they need to play the game of their lives and make great plays to win instead of just doing their role solidly eg walsh trying to do a perfect kick off by the side line instead of a solid kick
Eg Sean O'Sullivan making half a dozen errors in the match this week and last trying too hard
Eg jack Murchie trying too hard when he came on to make things happen

and even in non must win games the marginal players seem to try to “express themselves” rather than be like the all black role players who just do their job and leave the match winning up to the leaders who are paid to do that. The super XV and top rugby teams have had that conversation between the coaching staff and and the fringe players and we havnt.
The coaching staff are not teaching our players how to play like a team. It is a group of 17 individuals.

All that said I like brown

he seems to eventually figure things out
All of these losses are ones where we are in the game

Reactions: 7 users
Five&Last

Five&Last

Nikorima is not good enough. It's as simple as that.
The scoreline doesn’t reflect how hard a lot of the team worked today. But we got outplayed in the halves AGAIN. Story of our season.

The season is done now. Give the young guys some big minutes and build for next year.

Wish we had a Paul Turner we could chuck in there at the expense of Nikorima.

Reactions: 12 users
BeastMode

BeastMode

I am a brown fan
However
1) if he played berry ahead of kosi last week ie berry at centre and Montoya on wing, then we would have won
2) if he played Kane Evans this week Ahead of lam or Afoa then we would have done better and we only lost by 8 points

both those two selection errors were baffling

Thirdly firing up the troops with must win talk is counter productive
It makes the N00b players think they need to play the game of their lives and make great plays to win instead of just doing their role solidly eg walsh trying to do a perfect kick off by the side line instead of a solid kick
Eg Sean O'Sullivan making half a dozen errors in the match this week and last trying too hard
Eg jack Murchie trying too hard when he came on to make things happen

and even in non must win games the marginal players seem to try to “express themselves” rather than be like the all black role players who just do their job and leave the match winning up to the leaders who are paid to do that. The super XV and top rugby teams have had that conversation between the coaching staff and and the fringe players and we havnt.
The coaching staff are not teaching our players how to play like a team. It is a group of 17 individuals.

All that said I like brown

he seems to eventually figure things out
All of these losses are ones where we are in the game
strange that 90% of your comment is about what NB isnt doing as a coach and nothing about why you like him....

Reactions: 1 user

pleatedpantspete

We had McNamara but he wanted/had to go home. Bellamy's not off contract and Bennett is a has been. Has Barrett been coaching for 5 years?

Face facts (In fact where is he?) getting another coach at this point in time is totally counterproductive.
bennetts a has been? Souths and Broncos swapped coaches in 2019... Seibold got exposed and Wayner kept his almost perfect finals record.

If bennett's a has been, Brown's a never was. Face the real facts - Nathan Brown's recent coaching record is one of the ALL TIME WORST

it's not a coincidence we are losing. We have a losing coach. We should never have signed the thumbed shaped pair of lips on a head.

dong

bennetts a has been? Souths and Broncos swapped coaches in 2019... Seibold got exposed and Wayner kept his almost perfect finals record.

If bennett's a has been, Brown's a never was. Face the real facts - Nathan Brown's recent coaching record is one of the ALL TIME WORST

it's not a coincidence we are losing. We have a losing coach. We should never have signed the thumbed shaped pair of lips on a head.

Your off your head mate

PNG Kiwi

A lot has been said, Kodi definitely missing in action and actually Sean O'Sullivan played quite well. I have a feeling something may develop in this area Chad injury costly.

Yes Reece had a quiet game by his standards but we are a team down in confidence, season over now and I actually am starting to question Brown as a coach even with all the bad injuries. All teams have had injury issues. Also we have had the team staying together, not the normal issues with travel, so issues are the attitude of the team.

Burncity warrior

Sean O'Sullivan actually had a few forced drop outs in the bag only for his teammates to fuck it up for him. Put himself in front of some big body's on defence too. He tried.

Unless we can get a supercoach we probably have to persevere with Brownie unfortunately, at least for the first 6-8 rounds of next year and see what he can toss up with Shaun Johnson running the team. I guess history has proven chopping and changing coaches rarely works for us. Maybe start by building some stability first there. I don't know, if Wayne Bennett decides he wants to have a crack then by all means, but just booting a guy that hasn't even had a home game might be a bit harsh 🤷
Id consider Flanagan and Paul Green too as premiership Winning coaches to grow on trees but I'm stumped in this.

Reactions: 6 users
shuffle

shuffle

Coach needs to change. With Kearney at least we can see what he was trying to do. With Brown I don’t know what the fuck is happening! There’s no consistency with selections, there’s no game plan, there’s no one guiding the team and stand out players are changing every week! I honestly think with this roster they would have done better under Kearney!

• Haha

j-bob

That’s pretty much what I expected from this game.
The ref and bunker were hard to understand.
In today’s game, when is swinging an arm and breaking the tackled players nose not a sin bin?

when it’s the warriors getting tackled.

Overall though this is a dumb footy side and it shows.

on the bright side.
If Shaun Johnson plays like he did last night for us next year we might actually win a couple.
We won’t win much though unless there is a change in game plan and most of all attitude.

Teeps4Shore

Teeps4Shore

Coach needs to change. With Kearney at least we can see what he was trying to do. With Brown I don’t know what the fuck is happening! There’s no consistency with selections, there’s no game plan, there’s no one guiding the team and stand out players are changing every week! I honestly think with this roster they would have done better under Kearney!
That’s bollocks. We would be losing by 30-40 points likes the dogs and get annoyed with Steve talking about ‘the process’.

it’s plain to see we have not had any playmakers who are decent for 3 years. That’s what’s holding this team back from unlocking its potential.

Shaun Johnson is a big part of addressing that. It’s why the recruitment thread is now full of pages raging against the lack of skill that both Chanel Harris-Tavita and KN have. We need a decent 6 and 9 - get those, we are away.

until then get used to this crap.

Reactions: 5 users