ramps

ramps

Yeah Pompey is hard done by. But hes a product of whats best for the team. Aitken has to be in the mix and Murchie needed to be in the team.

Personally I'd have put Aitken to the Bench. As he wont be around next year so Pompey has more time to embed combos. But Jones needs wins for the players sake so I understand the team decisions
We should always be playing our best players regardless of whether theyre here next year or not. Pompey has had 15 round to solidify his place in teh squad and although he had some ok games, he was part of the problem on our edges. While not all entirely his fault with our defensive structures, he didn't stamp his claim as our no.1 centre which is where he should be given the amount of time/chances hes had.

PNG Kiwi

Yes apart from celebrating their return, a win is essential for the team and fans.

No doubt as the expectations have dropped any kind of win will do.

the borg

Like everyone else has said good to see Aitken back at centre.. just hope he re-adjusts quickly.. Those 2nd row forwards need to up their poor defence. (That falls on your head Morgan). Using Aitken as cover for the middle all season killed our left edge backline defence and attacking options... common sence prevails.. I hope.... welcome home boys... let's gone..

Cces

Cces

I heard Justin Morgan on SENZ this morning, he basically said the team would run out through the tunnel as per 1995 and that there were some possible injuries too.
He spoke well & seems to be an intelligent fella. It's a pity no one appears to be listening to him. A new voice is desperately needed

Reactions: Defence
Worried2Death

Worried2Death

We should always be playing our best players regardless of whether theyre here next year or not. Pompey has had 15 round to solidify his place in teh squad and although he had some ok games, he was part of the problem on our edges. While not all entirely his fault with our defensive structures, he didn't stamp his claim as our no.1 centre which is where he should be given the amount of time/chances hes had.
Pompey's carrying an injury, could still take Aitken's centre spot if he pulls up ok.

• Sad
Reactions: Since95 and ramps
Billyspleen75

Billyspleen75

Theyre missing a trick by not running out to David Patrick Kelly's warriors come out to play.
That in a blacked out stadium would be epic.
I have fond memories of the Blackout games.
It'll never happen again, unless you're equally fond of a Black/Blue/White/Green/Red-Out

Teeps4Shore

Teeps4Shore

This is now likely to be the biggest game in our history after the 95 debut and the two grand final appearances.

3 years. Finally, home.

If we can’t do a Rocky and get up of the canvas, playing the game of our lives in front of a full stadium, then I do not know what more we can do to stop the bleeding. This needs to be an emphatic victory for our club and our supporters well being. We need to rise again.

The tigers will come to play. They expect us to be fired up. Frankly, if we don’t win 13+ in a statement performance, then it’s over for me.

The time is now. Our season starts now.

Nothing that has gone before over the last 3 years matters to me anymore. Exile is over.

Let’s f$&king play.

Bluecat again

Bluecat again

I am so not confident for this game.
I feel that the whole playing away from home thing has been a smokescreen. We're terrible at most stadiums we play at.
We sucked so badly at Mt Smart over the last few seasons there all our coaches got sacked.
Remember?
And we traditionally implode on big occasions or milestone games.
Please guys prove me wrong 🙏
Because I think that this really is crunch time for so.many of us