EastStandDiehard

Like many comments above, I like the team.

Aitken to centres is a positive.
Katoa back, needs to take his opportunity and have a strong end to the season.

Only 2 in the starting 17 survive from the last time we played at Mt Smart.

To the 11 playing their first game at Mt Smart for the club, welcome home and enjoy the occasion!

Cces

Cces

Curran's D is incredible but I wonder whether he is a better ball playing 13 than Harris? I'm caught thinking that Harris at 13 would be better because of his ball playing ability but also because Curran hits lines with a bit more venom than Harris does.
What makes you believe Curran's D is incredible? Last time out he was successful with 36 out of his 40 tackle attempts. To me that's solid but despite his willingness to make tackles the word incredible isn't one that springs to mind

Boats n Hoes

Boats n Hoes

Halle fucking lujah.....about 15 games too late but finally Aitken back to the centres!

Might be question marks wether Stacey's a long term coach but he gets props for this move alone.......why his predecessor couldnt (or wouldnt) work this out who the hell knows.

Great to finally have u home boys......im backing them to beat the pussycats.

Last edited:
Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Warriors Recruitment Manager
Contributor
I don't care how they do it and by how many points, but this is a non-negotiable win.

This team simply cannot lose it's 8th in a row, against a basket case Tigers team, and infront of a sold out crowd for the first time in three years.

Please get them pumped up for this one Stacey, I am literally begging you.

Blain

Blain

Curran's D is incredible but I wonder whether he is a better ball playing 13 than Harris? I'm caught thinking that Harris at 13 would be better because of his ball playing ability but also because Curran hits lines with a bit more venom than Harris does. It's also a bit sad to see Chanel Harris-Tavita being phased out slowly but from a professional point of view, it's the right decision. I think Chanel Harris-Tavita offers a lot to the team, especially in attack but now is the time to start developing young Ron for next year.

I was thinking this earlier in the year, but although Curran does a tonne of work in the middle, he is a good hole runner and his passing is OK but not great. His attack is needed out wide, I have him in my head as a second rower moving forward.

Great to see Aitken out wide. Still a prop short with Jazz there, but other than that solid team. I'm flying up for the occasion, hope the lads turn it on.

DallyM

DallyM

Picking Aitken at centre is a no Brainer especially as he is finishing with us at season end, let the next team develop him elsewhere.
What was Brown thinking?
aitkin playey well at second row but fgs our centres were so weak.... we had so much second row depth but fuck brain Brown fucked around and did us no favours

Reactions: Defence

KiwiinJapan

I don't care how they do it and by how many points, but this is a non-negotiable win.

This team simply cannot lose it's 8th in a row, against a basket case Tigers team, and infront of a sold out crowd for the first time in three years.

Please get them pumped up for this one Stacey, I am literally begging you.
I sense the desperation in the comment. Has it really come to this. Us as fans are begging not to lose to the team at the bottom of the table. There is a good chance it will happen.

Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Warriors Recruitment Manager
Contributor
I sense the desperation in the comment. Has it really come to this. Us as fans are begging not to lose to the team at the bottom of the table. There is a good chance it will happen.
My desperation comes from the position the club as a whole finds itself it in currently.

The club needs this, even if it's just one measley win for this particular set of circumstances.

Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

so after 1000+ days since playing at home and in front of a sold out crowd, the players are likely going to be running out onto the field wearing beanies as the NRL announced this week would be beanies for brain cancer round.

Couldn’t they have just waited a week and let us enjoy the round without throwing an Aussie gimmick Into the mix!!!

Since95

Since95

Aitken finally to the centres 😍 Finally after a whole season of our edges being torn to shreds!

Katoa back to the bench. Take your chance!

Feel sorry for Pompey as he was one of our better and most consultant players

I like the side
Yeah Pompey is hard done by. But hes a product of whats best for the team. Aitken has to be in the mix and Murchie needed to be in the team.

Personally I'd have put Aitken to the Bench. As he wont be around next year so Pompey has more time to embed combos. But Jones needs wins for the players sake so I understand the team decisions