Votes: 32 34.0%
  • B

Votes: 35 37.2%
  • C

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • F-

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
Did anyone else think that tackle that knocked jazz out needed looking at? I thought the 3rd bloke in shouldered him in the head.

Pretty sure Joe Ofahengaue, or whoever it was, got put on report as Jazz was running off for his HIA.

I went to the game, and watched the replay once I got home afterwards and that was just one of several moments the broadcast team missed throughout the evening.

The “worst” one they missed (at least in my opinion) was when Shaun Johnson was lining up the conversion after Jesse Arthars try and as he walked towards the sidelines he was smiling and waving/pointing to half of the East Stand and everyone went bezerk.. instead SkySport showed the bloke doing a shoey in front of the coaches box..

Did anyone else think that tackle that knocked jazz out needed looking at? I thought the 3rd bloke in shouldered him in the head.
Thought we got the rub of the green overall, but yeah u have a good point.
Still can't see what the problem with the massive hit on Curran was.
Commentators claimed the penalty was for an earlier hit mind.
Concerns me the NRL has been penalizing good hits for tackling too 'hard'.

drunk_monk

Contributor
There s an article in Newcorp today about 2023 and Nz. Abdo is meeting with NZRL, MRL, ARL.
There is some soccer world cup womens maybe next year which will tie up a few league stadiums in Sydney for a few weeks. Summary was 7 or 8 extra nrl games in N z next year on top of the warriors home game sand Chch and Dunners mentioned.
We are co-hosts for the FIFA women's WC so will be interesting to see how they schedule around that.

Emotional.

That game meant everything. Seeing them walk out for the first time in 3 years brought a tear to my eye. I won’t forget that moment.

Well played tigers. They played well - fantastic opposition and I raise my glass to them.

But our team played with heart, passion and desire - the level of which I have not seen in 27 years.

There has been some special performances over the years. This was the best I have ever felt as a warriors supporter. We played like a contender.

I’m calling it now. The curse is over. That’s the benchmark.

Welcome home boys. We missed you. And thank you for giving us all something we will carry with us for the rest of our lives.
100% a great day but a bit over the top to say we’re back. No head coach for next year. Still fighting to avoid the spoon and a lot of hard games to come. A nice win yes but for me a bright spot in a tough year

There were a couple of headscratching calls. At the game, we truly were wondering why we got that penalty.. seemed legal to the group I was with.

Reactions: Sup42
Two shit teams playing shit. Just shows how shit we are that we could score in that first MASSIVE block of repeat sets. Cracks me up people on here all stoked with a win. Showed fuck all really. Just that we are just as shit as the other shit teams at the bottom of the table. After everything, all the build up emotion etc thats the best we can do at a time when we should be playing the best we can possibly play for the fans. If thats the best the next five years is gonna be fun. Cant wait for our top flight coach to join us next year.
Jesus, cheer up.

100% a great day but a bit over the top to say we’re back. No head coach for next year. Still fighting to avoid the spoon and a lot of hard games to come. A nice win yes but for me a bright spot in a tough year
No one says we are world beaters yet. But the effort and the execution yesterday were MILES better than what we have produced all year.

I saw heart and we looked like a proper football team.

Being at home helps big time. You try living in a hotel room for three years without a place to call home and see how it stuffs you mentally.

This is another step for us. It just feels like we have turned a corner.

No one says we are world beaters yet. But the effort and the execution yesterday were MILES better than what we have produced all year.

I saw heart and we looked like a proper football team.

Being at home helps big time. You try living in a hotel room for three years without a place to call home and see how it stuffs you mentally.

This is another step for us. It just feels like we have turned a corner.
No doubt better. The occasion lifted them massively. Let’s see how next game goes before we pass judgement maybe

Such a fantastic game to attend and was so pleased the boys could do the business and get the W! How good was it having them back and watching it live, it reminded me why I had missed it so much.

- SJs kicking game was a real asset yesterday and glad to see him apply himself more in other areas of the game. He's furstrated me a lot this year, but have always enjoyed watching him and was pleased to see him lift.
- Volkman didnt have a great game (and yes I appreciate its his second game and hes only 19), but he is going to be a great player for this club. I have a feeling by the end of the year we will really see a breakout game from him. Just seems to be settling in and doing his job at present, but the kids got skills.
- Great effort on D, fantastic keeping them tryless!
- The intent and effort was fantastic as well right across the team.
- I must be getting old, but the pitch invaders gave me the shits. As someone mentioned, there were more pissed up 20-30yo hipsters than I have ever come across at a game that just didnt give a shit. Hope Red Badge hire some staff that can actually catch some of those pricks...

All in all a really memorable game, and I can only think of 2 other home games I have been with an atmosphere like that (the first game in 95, and the 2008 home semi against the Roosters...felt it was better than the first home semi against the Raiders tbf, something special).

Soak it up and enjoy!

On the curran tackle, the ref indicated that someone was tackled without the ball but I couldnt see who it was.

While the performance was better than most I have seen this year, it is a bit of a stretch to say that the team has turned a corner. Just wait til they meet the Storm. It will be back to asking questions of the team again. That is wild rollercoaster that Warriors supporters are on.