General ROPO the future?

Do you think that Ropo is that guy?

• No i dont, mind you i am silly!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JonB_old

I think Ropati should play at lock forward. His role being a floating centre/standoff and coming in at times of need as a dumbyhalf. He can run from 9 so he should be used there.
I think there are many upsides to J-Ro but he isn't complete at centre or standoff or hooker but good at all three.
Plus he provides abnit of steal in confrintations, however as an old memeber of this forum pointed out (iafeta) he isn't good at slidding, so let him defend in the middle.

Northern_Union

Skinny_Ravs82 said:
RS_Dragon said:
BLACKALLOVER said:
Unfortunately for the bro, his days at the Warriors are numbered.
Sure he has a good step, and a bit of pace, but the 6 jersey demands more than just those two ingrediences.
PLUS
Not a good passer with variation, plus the fact that to date, havent seen a kicking game of any sort from him, and doesnt have a mouth.
I hate being critical of anybody wearing the Warriors jersey, but it is a known fact, that one of the key positions in any team is the six.
And quite frankly he aint, and time is running out for him.

Amen to that brother.

So you don't see him fitting anywhere?

Yeah i do, i see him fitting nicely at another club.

KeepingTheFaith_old

Feel a bit sorry for Ropo. He's been shunted from centre to five eight to fullback and there's suggestions for hooker and lock. It's no wonder the guy isn't confient. He doesn't know if he's coming or going. I hope that wherever he starts in 2007 he stays there consistently and is allowed to develop.

Matrix_old

KeepingTheFaith said:
Feel a bit sorry for Ropo. He's been shunted from centre to five eight to fullback and there's suggestions for hooker and lock. It's no wonder the guy isn't confient. He doesn't know if he's coming or going. I hope that wherever he starts in 2007 he stays there consistently and is allowed to develop.
Yep totally agree with you there KTF keep him in 1 position & let him develop

With signing Witt its going to be interesting to see just where he will be playing next year either as the No 1 5/8 or elsewhere !!!! Either way he's an awesome talent & will keep improving Who can forget this year when he stood up A Johns to score that awesome solo try !!!!

Jesbass_old

KeepingTheFaith said:

How many positions did he play in 2006, do you know? I know he played most of them at standoff, but did he play anywhere else in the side?

ONETRIBECHIEF_old

ROPO-FAN said:
With the warriors currently being in what can only be described as a rebuilding phase, with the signing of many new young talents in recent years coupled with the seemingly thoughtless resiging of Vetran foward, Logan Swan; Who can we look to lead such a disjointed and as yet, unbound team of individuals? Jerome Ropati?

I AM SICK AND TRIED OF HEARING ABOUT HOW YOUNG INEXPERIENCE PLAYERS ARE GREAT NEWS AND YOUNG PLAYERS WILL BUILD A TEAM.
SURE YOU NEED YOUTH WITH A BIT OF FLAIR BUT YOU ALSO NEED EXPERIENCE IN A TEAM TO BUILD A TEAM. LOGAN SWANN IS A GREAT SIGNING FOR US AS WE HAD JUST LOST TWO EXPERIENCE PLAYERS LIKE AWEN GUTTENBEIL AND SIONE FAUMUINA.
A GREAT EXAMPLE OF HAVING YOUYH AND FLAIR BUT NOT BE ABLE TO PERFORM IS THE ENGLAND RUGBY TEAM.

EXPERIENCE WILL WIN PREMIERSHIPS(broncos<england rwc) NOT YOUNG PLAYERS

AS WITH ROPATI I CAN SEE HIM PLAYING IN THE CENTRES TO ALLOW MICHAEL WITT TO PLAY 6 AND ALSO TO BE THE GOALKICKER.

Tau Hoa_old

The no.6 Jersey seems to fit Ropati quite comfortably. As a no.6 his accomplishments this year, have caught the attention of most tv commentators, to write him off at such an early stage of his career is ridiculous.
This year Jerome brought a new dynamic to the no.6 Jersey that had been sorely missed previously, size and strength. At times he plays with a maturity well beyond his years. He reads play well. Works hard in both defence and attack. He can take a knock and isnt gun shy. he knows how to find the tryline. Works hard all game. can cover a multitude of positions (but no.6 would be his best). Was a kiwi this year ( judging by the line-up this year that was no easy feat.)
As for the kicking game? I feel quite sure he will kick the ball if the need arises. There is no golden rule that no.6 should do most of the kicking. If a team can gain advantage without kicking then its got be good besides if the halves see the need for some one to kick, I'm quite sure that the game plan would suggest that they do it. I dont think its that he cant kick, but more that hasnt been required to.
What he needs is a big forward sitting on his shoulder because he has enough size to draw in defence and create half gaps for hard running big men. If they hang around there they'll score a few 4 pointers.
Ropati is at warriors for along while yet and this year could be his time to shine!!

jahc_old

Ropati is getting better at setting up trys, and he can bust a tackle. I think they should leave him at 6.

It will be interesting to see if Mannering moves into the forwards for the Warriors. That could bring about some interesting changes.