General ROPO the future?

Do you think that Ropo is that guy?

  • No i dont, mind you i am silly!!

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    184

ROPO-FAN_old

Guest
With the warriors currently being in what can only be described as a rebuilding phase, with the signing of many new young talents in recent years coupled with the seemingly thoughtless resiging of Vetran foward, Logan Swan; Who can we look to lead such a disjointed and as yet, unbound team of individuals? Jerome Ropati?

ROPO could well be the best thing ever to happen to the club. With his dazzling footwork, blistering speed, educated kicking game, unparrelled handling on top of his childish good looks and leadership skills not seen in this country since the arrival of the fourth labour government and with it Roger Douglas and his drastic economic policy shifts implimented between 1984 and 1989.

Could ROPO be that guy? Could he be the next Jones? Better still could he be the next Wayne Ormand (insprirational leader of the hapless BOP steemers, who may just be the worst footy team per head of capita in provincial rugby, ever!)? I suggest that yes he not only could, but may already be the calm and collected leader that the warriors are looking for after the departure of Steve Price, if not before.

In short ROPO has all the qualities of a world class leader, and i am certain that come the 2007 finals it will be the steady hand of Jerome Ropati (not steve price) that will steer the Warriors Ship to safety.

ROPO i love you. lets touch!
 

Skinny_Ravs82

Guest
First of all welcome to nzwarriors.com and er..nice to see your spreading the Ropati love! :lol: I'm not that big a fan of the guy. But hey when he plays well I don't mind (I get told off when I critise him too much). I think thou it's a bit far fetched. He's a young young man, with alot of time on his side but we shall see what happens.
 

milcr_old

Guest
ROPO the future??

I wholeheartedly agree with the afermentioned comments on Jerome Ropati. This guy is a real talent!! Nimble, agile, and great hands, acceleration and a composure well beyond his years, Ropati is the future of the NZ Warriors. Versitle, playing either 6, 3, 1, 9, Ropati will in my opinion become the Dally M player of the year. He showed glimpses of what he can do we he scored 4 tries against the roosters (not to sure there tho), and Ivan Cleary has big raps on this kid. Time will tell but I think we should all watch out for this kid next year.
 

dancing bear_old

Guest
Is this a joke

This post sounds as if you a joking about ropati. i am unhappy with this and hope you can treat this special athlete who has a rare talent with some respect :twisted:
 

KeepingTheFaith_old

Guest
Ropati won't be the Warriors captain. It just won't happen. The guy may develop into a quality five eight, centre, lock or whatever because he has obvious talent, but captain no chance.
 

Skinny_Ravs82

Guest
Re: Is this a joke

dancing bear said:
This post sounds as if you a joking about ropati. i am unhappy with this and hope you can treat this special athlete who has a rare talent with some respect :twisted:

LOL...only if he improves. If he goes on a backward slide...no chance.
 

*~*Fa'AhVaN*~*_old

Guest
I love ropati!! i voted yes even though i didnt read ur post tbh..sorry bro..dont like to read :) anyway i love ropati! wen i (hopefully) meet him at the final i shall faint :) GO ROPATI!
 

Skinny_Ravs82

Guest
*~*Fa'AhVaN*~* said:
I love ropati!! i voted yes even though i didnt read ur post tbh..sorry bro..dont like to read :) anyway i love ropati! wen i (hopefully) meet him at the final i shall faint :) GO ROPATI!

LOL he's pretty cool, nice guy. So don't faint!
 

*~*Fa'AhVaN*~*_old

Guest
Skinny_Ravs82 said:
*~*Fa'AhVaN*~* said:
I love ropati!! i voted yes even though i didnt read ur post tbh..sorry bro..dont like to read :) anyway i love ropati! wen i (hopefully) meet him at the final i shall faint :) GO ROPATI!

LOL he's pretty cool, nice guy. So don't faint!
yeh hes nice as! i met him wen he came to sydney once but i couldnt talk bloody hell, i was gonna say can u sing my flag but i couldnt get the words to come out...then i met faumuina n i was feeling light headed tbh :)
 

Matrix_old

Guest
I've always thought Ropati is a very similar to Berrigan from the Bronc's both are similar in height ,speed footwork etc & i would also like to see him move into hooker next year where i think he would have similar success to berrigan but as for captain in the future I think he has the potential for sure & with experience will develop into a leader
 

BLACKALLOVER_old

Guest
Unfortunately for the bro, his days at the Warriors are numbered.
Sure he has a good step, and a bit of pace, but the 6 jersey demands more than just those two ingrediences.
PLUS
Not a good passer with variation, plus the fact that to date, havent seen a kicking game of any sort from him, and doesnt have a mouth.
I hate being critical of anybody wearing the Warriors jersey, but it is a known fact, that one of the key positions in any team is the six.
And quite frankly he aint, and time is running out for him.
 

tezzah_old

Guest
Some of you fellas need to put the number 6 jersey on in a rugby league club game and really see how easy it is as you put it to play. Variation in passing I hear? No kicking game? I actually thought his punt in the kiwis game from hooker was a decent kick??? Why waste his abilities in the hooker position??? He has vision, he has pace, he's the MAN for the NUMBER 6 Jersey!

ROPO is the FUTURE OF THE WARRIORS!!!
 

sebastian_old

Guest
Ropo is incomparable to Stacey Jones, i don't think their skills are even similar. I won't bag the guy though, no doubte he has skill, i just believe his skills would be best suited for & displayed at centre.
 

Skinny_Ravs82

Guest
Go back and watch this year. Did Ropo actually help his outside backs? Aside from his 4 try stuffing to himself? Not really, aside from that game where he did show improvements there wasn't much else. Too many times he went awandering and left half duties alone to Rovelli and even Webby at times. For goodness sake, Webby doesn't come up and kick the ball often but when he does they invariably go better then some of Ropo's.
I think the guy's talented alright, but he's either just not playing to his potencial at the moment or as some suggests he's a hidden centre, but nobody knows the real answer to that. We can all carry on about how he did for the Kiwis..etc. But we're not talking about his role in the Kiwis. We're talking about the Warriors. Different proposition altogether.

A big thing to call him a the future of the Warriors. They have a ton of players for that. To me, he'll be the achiver in the background, frustrating at times, awsome at others but takes things in his stride. Not to the type that calls for the headlines.
 

David James_old

Guest
Matrix said:
I've always thought Ropati is a very similar to Berrigan from the Bronc's both are similar in height ,speed footwork etc & i would also like to see him move into hooker next year where i think he would have similar success to berrigan but as for captain in the future I think he has the potential for sure & with experience will develop into a leader

2 years ago I was calling to try Ropo at 9 and now it is happening with the Kiwis, I'm watching.
 

Northern_Union

Guest
BLACKALLOVER said:
Unfortunately for the bro, his days at the Warriors are numbered.
Sure he has a good step, and a bit of pace, but the 6 jersey demands more than just those two ingrediences.
PLUS
Not a good passer with variation, plus the fact that to date, havent seen a kicking game of any sort from him, and doesnt have a mouth.
I hate being critical of anybody wearing the Warriors jersey, but it is a known fact, that one of the key positions in any team is the six.
And quite frankly he aint, and time is running out for him.


Amen to that brother.
 

Skinny_Ravs82

Guest
RS_Dragon said:
BLACKALLOVER said:
Unfortunately for the bro, his days at the Warriors are numbered.
Sure he has a good step, and a bit of pace, but the 6 jersey demands more than just those two ingrediences.
PLUS
Not a good passer with variation, plus the fact that to date, havent seen a kicking game of any sort from him, and doesnt have a mouth.
I hate being critical of anybody wearing the Warriors jersey, but it is a known fact, that one of the key positions in any team is the six.
And quite frankly he aint, and time is running out for him.


Amen to that brother.

So you don't see him fitting anywhere?
 

Similar threads

Replies
47
Views
4K
JAH_old
Replies
21
Views
1K
Fazz_old
Replies
52
Views
4K
lolcaeks
lolcaeks
Replies
42
Views
3K
STRIDER_old
Johnnyray
Replies
570
Views
35K
wizards rage
wizards rage