Last year, we turned up to the SCG and let the Morris boys rip us to shreds. IIRC, we ended up getting steamrolled but we were in the game for a decent period. This year, the Roosters I think are not as intimidating as in previous years. I smell an upset if we continue to improve our performances, and we are better than the last couple of weeks.
I just have a feeling in my bones that we could get something out of this game.. I’m expecting the forwards to cancel each other out…. But I have a feeling we are due a performance from our spine… Reece Walsh perhaps might be due his breakout performance of 2022.
I don’t expect a blow out… if we turn up and win the first 20 minutes, I’m expecting we will go close.
If they play at the intensity they have been over the last three or so weeks, I expect them to win, if they don’t win I will be less pissed off if they have given it a good shake.
It will be the bunker that beats us, that “push” in last nights game has changed the landscape a little. I expect the warriors to be hammered by the precedent and for it to be ok again after the siren.
Here's some facts I've found to keep myself amused ahead of this afternoons game vs the Sydney Roosters:
- In the period between the 20th & 50th minutes the Warriors have outscored their opposition by 58 points to 32 so far this season.
- The Warriors have beaten the Roosters 22 times which, tied with the Knights, is the most victories against any opposition club. Despite 2 less wins over the Warriors the Roosters still hold a positive points differential of 237 against us.
- Under referee Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski the Warriors have won 3 of their last 4 games compared to the Roosters winning 2 from their previous 5 under him.
- At the Sydney Cricket Ground the Roosters have won 19 of their last 24 games.
- The Warriors have conceded less penalties than their opposition in each of their last 3 matches (a combined 17-25) but the 6 Agains have favoured the opposition (12-3).
No slow starts today - 4 out of 5 games this year we’ve been behind the 8 ball, either 12-0 or 12-6 down after 20 minutes.
The reality is if we want to give the competition even a light shake up, this is a game we have to win.
We’re going to have to beat some top 8 teams, it’s early in the season and Roosters haven’t been playing great so I hope this is one we give a red hot crack